“Crackheads, robbers and blood stains. STAY AWAY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Inn
6545 Ramona Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32205 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #109 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Crackheads, robbers and blood stains. STAY AWAY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights... It was the worse experience! At first it seemed ok, we arrived fairly early. I guess before the crackheads got up. There were no lamp shades, remote didnt work, blood stains on one of the beds, noise all in the hallway and the key never wanted to work for us. My wife went to take a shower and when she pulled the shower curtain back 3 roaches fell to the floor and crawled off into the room somewhere. We sucked it up since we couldnt get a refund and we stupidly paid in advance without first knowing our surroundings. The area is quite deceiving if you get there early enough. So we continued with our vacation and visits. We met with a friend late one night and he lives on Beach Blvd so when the tropical storm came in we were stranded until about 3:30am, sadly we couldnt stay with him so we went back to the room. On the way into the parking lot a truck pulls in behind us. The storm knocked all of the power out and we could barley see at all. The truck follows us closely, pulls up behind us and sits. I have a taser so I immediately got it out. I held it up and a few seconds later they pulled off... In the middle of a tropical storm we were about robbed and without power and hauled butt into the room and then home the next day. The city needs to shut that place down!

Room Tip: Dont do it! turn away, go 10 E take 95 S and then exit 349 and stay right to merge onto Beach Blvd o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

The place is in a great location, close to restaurants. The rate is cheap so you know what you get. bring a can of fabreeze and your own towels. There was some noise during the night so you'll have to put up with that. For one person ,one night deal is good to go.

• Stayed March 2012
Valdosta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I would not let my worst enemy stay here! I would compair the living conditions to what I experinced in Iraq only the smell at this hotel is more horrific. I couldn't stay any longer than an hour. I can not find the words to explain how bad this hotel was. I atempted to get a refund after 62 minutes. And was verbally assaulted!
Worst stay at a hotel ever!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

The floors were nasty, the toilet shook when you sat down. THe staff was very unfriendly. We stayed their on business and I was so glad to leave. There were always people strolling through the parking lot going to other places and someone we know actually got mugged in the laundry room while we were there.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week while my husband was working in Jacksonville, the hotel was filthy, and run down. The toilet was falling through the floor and the floors looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. While we were there a man got robbed at gunpoint in the laundry room, there were always people walking along the hotel property that weren't staying there, and several nights we woke up to someone trying to open our door. So for safety and health reasons we decided we had to get out of there and we will never ever be going back

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!