“not a good choice” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge - Jacksonville

You added Econo Lodge - Jacksonville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge - Jacksonville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10901 Harts Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - Jacksonville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #124 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lake Worth, Florida
“not a good choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

we are not picky. we only needed the room to sleep for about 5 hours. location is next to 95, which is good, but this hotel needs some help. shady looking individual smoking in the hallway greeted us to our room, we quickly entered and locked it tightly. the place is just dingy. didnt sleep well, the whole vibe just made us nervous. didnt use the shower, sink and bathroom were very dirty, looked like the room had not been cleaned in a while. candy on the floor...tv barely worked...not even a good value...for 20 bucks more we could have stayed someplace decent...just dont...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SHLLCManager, Manager at Econo Lodge - Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Sorry were disappointed with your stay. As a budget hotel, we are limited in resources allocated to renovate rooms. All rooms are thoroughly cleaned before guest check in. However, for $20 more you could have stayed in the King Suite which is much more comfortable. For rooms starting at just $29.99, we represent the best value in Jacksonville, as our 80% occupancy rate can attest to.

In the future, request the King Suite and you will be more than pleased with the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were driving down from up north to Florida for a cruise and needed a place to stay just for the night. We found every hotel to be booked during St Patricks Day and this was our only option.

The place was nasty, filthy and old. Walls crumbling, paint peeling, and the place smelled.

We double checked to make sure that we did not see any bugs (roaches or bed bugs) because we noticed some mattresses sitting outside by the dumpster. Thank goodness we did not find any. There were tons of huge gnats though. The beds were hard but despite the activities going on in the area we managed to sleep (not sure if we were just so tired after driving all day or what).

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
This review was written in the summer after staying in March of 2012. At that time, the hotel was undergoing a change of management. Fortunately, in May of 2012, the hotel was purchased by another company. Since then it has been renovated and now is in the Choice Family of hotels.

We look forward to having you stay again.
nor cal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

This is the complaint letter I sent after my stay.

Stayed at 10901 Harts Road Jacksonville, FL 32218-3704 aug 14-16, supposed to be for 3 days but checked out early due to conditions of motel. 1. bathroom ceiling of unfinished sheetrock, tape and spackle. 2. urine running down side of toilet to bathroom floor and hair (not mine) on ledge of toilet lid hinge. 3. LOTs of mustache shavings and hair (not mine again, female no mustache) in corner of sink underneath the ice bucket sitting on top of it, like I'm really supposed to use the ice bucket now? 4. MOLD in fridge. yes mold, lots of it. Water running out of fridge onto carpet, not sure what from. 5. Hair on walls in shower. 6. The carpet in the room should be torn up and burned. 7. The ventilation system is in serious need of overhaul. We don't smoke but at times it seemed as if someone were standing in our room smoking. I assumed this to be from an adjacent room and the smoke wafting thru the duct work to our room. 8. Mold on air conditioner, go figure that one. This hotel was booked on orbitz and tooted as recently remodeled. It was one of the most unsanitary hotels I've ever visited. Oh and no elevator was fun for hauling up all our luggage for our 10 day stay in florida. Pls email me for pictures of all this mess. I would appreciate it if my money could be refunded. I know this was a cheap place to stay and shouldn't expect much but this was intolerable.

After submitting this complaint it was forwarded to the property owner. Without further prodding, he contacted orbitz and issued a full refund on the room. That's good. The bad? He never once asked to see the pictures.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — too many to list
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
This review is 4 years old. Since then the hotel has changed owners, managers, brands, and has been renovated.

We are happy to show improvement since then. We have done so much since then it would be a shame to overlook our convenient location, indoor corridors, and free Xfinity wifi just over a review that is 5 years old!

We look forward to serving you.
Loveland, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

When I checked in, they could not run my credit card. No explanation, just kept trying and it did not work. It was not my credit card but the scanner that was causing the problem. I had to pay cash. My room smelled. I had a king size bed. It was so lumpy I removed the pillows and slept sideways at the head of the bed. People were roaming the building hallways at all hours. I really felt unsafe. I could not wait to checkout. Worse hotel I have stayed in with my 45 years of traveling.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge - Jacksonville? Share your experiences!