“Better than it's reputation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Inn Motel Jacksonville West

Diamond Inn Motel Jacksonville West
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacksonville
Diamond Inn Motel Jacksonville West
5929 Ramona Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32205 (Formerly West Super 8 Motel)   |
Ranked #97 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Better than it's reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am now living at the Diamond Inn and I don't have any problems. They have very strict rules but that is only for our safety. I lived here once before when it was owned by different owners and there is a very big difference.They are doing a good job of cleaning this area up from the way the old owners had it. It takes time. Kudos to the new owners.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to stay at this hotel for a weekly rate of 175.00 a week with no refidge we ask to move one bed so wedid could but a couch in because we were weekly and needed room. they let us move the bed. manager told my daughter boyfriend which also stays there we could so we did and moved a couch in later that day they said we could not have the couch in the room but we had our on dresser, a bike but we couldnt have a couch. them manager came to the room knocked on the door then opened it before my boyfriend could even get to the door told us we had to get that couch out of there in 10 min or we were out of there and called my boyfriend a boy and got in his face and threaten him. my boyfriend was very mad and left i had to work that night with no sleep because we had to move. i work nights when i came back from the hotel there was a guest that stayed above me and fell asleep in the tub with water overflowing and drowned and flooded my room. as i showed up at the hotel at first my keys didnt work then i had to re due my keys then as i go to the room my bed was flooded bathroom area was flood my things and clothes we soaking wet. i again went up to the office to tell them on the situation and the owner says yeah we know its not our fault no cars in the parking lot atleast 200 room hotel and i told him i just got off work i need a place to sleep and they tell me they dont have a place and i would just have to wait so i told them i wanted an whole refund with my money and they said no and gave me back 125.00 but demanded me off there property at 11am. as i was getting my money back my boyfriend as to speak to the owner and we told him about the situation about how rude the manger was and he said thats how they run there bussiness and they didnt need our money. so the owner was rude. this hotel is nasty so if you want to be robbed of your money, nast hotel , nasty costumer service this is a place for u so just to beware this hotel is nowhere near standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CeoShaw, Owner at Diamond Inn Motel Jacksonville West, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
When ALL guests arrive during check in, the front desk clerk gives a sheet of paper explaining the rules and conduct of the guests during their stay at the motel. Our staff has ZERO tolerance for guest that deliberately disobey and disregard our rules. The motel had a very bad reputation before we purchased it...drugs and prostitution ran rapid at the motel. We decided to change the image of the motel, and in changing the image how business was conducted had to change as well. We love our guests and we work with them in ANY way we can, most of our long term guests can attest to this,They LOVE US! We have guests often praise us about how " safe and at home " they feel in our motel, and we are proud of that.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2003

This place is conveniently located but it is such an awful old building that I can't believe it is a super 8. They really should call it Sewer 8, go somewhere else.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2002

This is a Super 8 waiting for demolition at best. Any repair work done must have been done by drunks or idiots. The 3 gallon tanks on the toilets have been replaced by the 1.5 gallon types, but weren't re-attached to the floor,... or perhaps it's a new rocking toilet. Wallpaper in bathroom is peeling and falling off, carpets are dirty. Only stayed due to the lateness of the day and atorrential rain storm. Must admit the nattresses were comfy, but one of the guests on third level thought it would be clever to fick his ashes and cigarette butts on to the hood of my car. This is one of the worst motels if not teh worst I have ever stayed in. Super 8's of this age need to be rebuilt or refurbed.

Been to Diamond Inn Motel Jacksonville West? Share your experiences!