“Wow Great for the rate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Wow Great for the rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was an extreme pleasant shock. The rooms were neat, clean and spacious. The staff was not overly responsive but the spacious room and proximity to restaurants more than compensated. We had stayed in a La Quinta in Pigeon Forge and found it less than normal for LQ.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding nearby. The hotel was clean, fast check-in, great outdoor pool and friendly staff. The only small issue was the food service company that provides "room service" was not great. The food took over two hours. Our food was okay, but other families traveling with us said the food was not good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I travel with pets and this is one of the best La Quinta hotels I have ever stayed in for the price. The pool and hot tub are nice. The hotel staff is professional and courteous. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. There is plenty of parking and a Cracker Barrel restaurant is right next door if you want a breakfast with some meat and eggs. I love this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Almere, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great hotel on a quiet but very nice location with similar hotels nearby. Beautiful pool and spa area. Room setting is surprisingly different, spacious and pleasing. There are premium cable channels, free wireless Internet access, air conditioning, and coffee/tea makers and complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

While the location of this property is confusing and difficult to find, the hotel itself is quite comfortable, quiet, and well-appointed. Our room was clean, bedding was superior, bathroom well-appointed. But hallway carpets were stained and a bit worn. The check in lady was cold and unfriendly, but the rest of the staff was fine. The free breakfast ended way too early for us to enjoy (9 am is the earliest cutoff I've ever seen in my years traveling). Because we "slept in", we received no housekeeping service at all during our two-night visit. Overall, a rather mixed bag.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on business recently. This location was super convenient in every way. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds and spacious room. The staff is super nice and accomodating. Next time I have to come to Jacksonville for any reason, this will be my destination for lodging.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this property a year ago and had a very nice stay... however, we were very disappointed this time. I don't know what has happened in one year, but it is not even like the same hotel! We were planning to stay for a week, but Instead stayed for only one night. When we first walked into the King suite, there was an overpowering, flowery smell. Obviously, air freshener that was masking something else. When setting up my computer, I noticed that the desk was broken. I immediately called the front desk and spoke with Nikita to report the problem. She offered to move us to another room, as the maintenance man was already gone for the day. At the time, that was the only problem I was aware of and I declined the offer to move us. She assured me the desk would be replaced the following morning. Later in the evening, my husband and I both noticed that there was a very strong smell of dog urine, coming from the carpet in the corner, by the desk. It was late so we decided it would be better for us to take Nikita up on her offer to move us to to another room the next morning. When I removed the white socks I had been wearing all evening, because my feet were cold, I noticed the bottoms of the socks were filthy! I had been walking on the carpet in the room and well, I found out it was obviously dirty. Yuck! The following morning, Nikita was back at the front desk and after relaying all of the problems we had encountered with the room she offered to move us right away. She was very kind and apologetic... very professional. My husband had to leave early for work, so I was the one to take care of packing everything up and moving it... and I decided that I would have breakfast first. Well... I never had breakfast. Instead, I had an unfortunate incident with the lady who was working in the kitchen/dining room during breakfast. There was a problem with one of the waffle makers and my waffle stuck to the iron, top and bottom, and it was a mess! I was apologetic and embarrassed... and asked for her help. Instead of helping me, she began to yell at me that I had overfilled the iron! There were others in the dining area, who witnessed this spectacle. We have been staying at La Quinta Inns all over the country, for more than three years and I've made waffles at nearly all of them. I certainly do know how to operate a waffle iron and am sure it was not overfilled. Nikita, at the front desk, also witnessed the upheaval and even offered to make a waffle for me... but, no longer hungry, I just wanted to get out of there! I was so embarrassed and upset that I went back to the room and began to pack immediately. I called my husband and told him we needed to make other arrangements for accommodations. He was furious when I told him what happened. The manager, Gina, who was not there when this happened, called me shortly afterward in the room as I was packing. She apologized and asked if there was anything she could do to make us happy. I appreciated that... but it was already too late. I'm hoping the lady who spoke to me so rudely is given some instruction in hospitality and customer service. I also hope they either replace that waffle iron or they spray it with cooking spray. I'd hate for this to happen to someone else!

There are only two good things I can say about this hotel property.... Nikita at the front desk and the king bed. I remembered how comfortable the bed was when we stayed here last year and was really looking forward to being here for a week. With that being said... we would not recommend this property to anyone.... and we will never, ever be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd? Share your experiences!