“Very nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

One of the best hotels for this price range I have seen in quite a while.
The room was very good size and very clean. The linens were soft and nice to the skin.
Great shopping and eating area around the hotel and the area looked very safe.
The staff was absolutely wonderful.

One thing I was not aware of until we checked in, La Quinta Inn is the only chain in the United States that DOES NOT charge a pet fee at any location. Now that I know that I will be seeking them out first when traveling with our dog.

Because I did reserve this hotel through Pethotels, I also left this same review there, with the exception of something I was reminded after reading the reviews here.

We also requested a nonsmoking room but it also reeked of smoke. It wasn't so bad that my husband refused to stay though. Normally he would.

That is the only thing I saw wrong during our stay. I didn't see any non-smoking signs on any of the rooms near ours either.
Not sure how that works there but either someone smoked in the room anyway, or they aren't very careful about smoking vs. non-smoking requests.
Everything else was great though.

• Liked — No Pet fee! Big, clean room.
  • Disliked — Non smoking room had been smoked in
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

Rooms are supposed to be non-smoking rooms but reek of smoke. Pool was nice and it was refreshing to have a bath house by the pool.

Stayed June 2008
South Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I have never written a review before, But felt I had to write this one...I should have known it would be bad when trying to check in the desk person was helping another woman straighten out her resevations, in between phone calls with the manager and the Husband calling the police I was checked in given a room key card and told the room number which was 159 I knew as soon as I opened the door it would be a really bad night... The room was filthy, dirty towels on the bathroom floor and dead roaches on the floor, the trash cans were filled to overflowing, the beds were unmade with dirty linens, all the drawers were pulled open, and there was a used can of bug bomb in the middle or the room., I went back to the front desk, to get my money back and find another place to stay, Unfortunately the couple from when I was checking in were still trying to fix there problems. The front desk person gave me a hard time, first saying that she told me my room was 153 not 159, which my reply was well why did the card key open 159, then she went on to say that no one had been in that room and it shouldn't have been dirty, My reply to this was that I really didn't care if anyone had been in the room or not, evidently the cleaning people hadn't been in there either, well she cancelled my resevations, and gave me a confirmation number, unfortunately I used my debit card to reserve the room, so the amount of the room plus was put on "hold", and because I still needed a room for two nights and didn't have enough cash for this once again I used my debit card, now I have holds on most of my money, and La Quinta has not returned my phone calls to customer service, I was told that it would be 2 or 3 days before the Hold would be removed. So the moral of this story is find another Hotel besides La Quinta in Orange Park, Fl.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

I don't write many reviews, but I had to write one about this hotel. The first time my family stayed here, it was a bad experience. Unclean rooms and rude staff were what I remember. The second time (hoping the first time was a mistake) was even worse. The place is falling apart and the clientel is definitely going down hill. People running up and down the outdoor corridors shouting and yelling at each other at 2:00AM. Management did nothing to stop it, or were ineffective. I won't go back.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

Clean hotel in nice area. Day staff were quite courteous and wonderful; night staff was a bit harried and abrupt. Breakfast buffet was quite good for this type--buffet with hot,fresh waffles and sausage rollups you reheat, as well as muffins, danish, cereals (hot/cold), juices, and coffee.

Outside of hotel could use a coat of paint and a little other renovation. Double beds were tiny, if you had 2 guests using a double bed apiece, or 2 adults with very small children, they are adequate. Otherwise, I would steer clear of these unless you like very tight quarters or are fond of "spooning."

I had a little bit of a problem with the high speed internet connection, but my laptop is somewhat dated (Pentium 2--I know, but it still works!!) The internet support was knowledgeable and got me up and running in no time.

I would give it a 1.5 star rating now, with a strong 2 star if they clean it up a bit with the beds and exterior.

• Stayed March 2006
Redlands, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

Stayed here Jan. 11th & 12th. Chose it for location & pets accepted policy. Large, clean room. Recommend asking for room on back side of hotel, away from freeway, which is where we were....quiet enough. We had a lot of baggage, though, & were on 2nd floor; no elevator to 2nd floor, so ask for 1st floor if 2 flights of steps are a concern for you. Hotel was a bit tricky to find entrance to....go past Super 8 to get to entrance. We liked well enough we're going to stay again at the end of our trip.

• Stayed January 2006
Knoxville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2005

I've never had so many problems at a hotel. First room we were in the wireless internet didn't connect, the TV's color was so bad it looked like black & white (the front desk clerk tried to fix it and said the remote was to the cable not the TV & maintenance would have to fix it), the carpet was so dirty I didn't even notice until I saw my socks were black. So we moved the next day when the TV was declared broken and the internet couldn’t' of be fixed. In the next room the fire detector's battery was low & kept beeping and after I called the front desk they said I could come pick up a battery…...what am I an employee or a customer? I told her no she could come up & put the new battery in. After having to hear that screaming beep a couple more times I took out the battery and it still kept beeping, so I took it off the wall, went to the front desk & handed the detector to them.
In this room the TV's color was still off but not nearly as bad as the first room, but the internet worked. The pool is never lit & not heated, which would be nice at night. They can be some shady looking people walking through the parking lots from the Motel 6 next door, which looks terrible. I stayed 6 nights @ $42 a night and housekeeping even forgot to clean my room one day. And to beat it all they charge $365.44 to my credit card the night I checked-in, I didn't notice until a few days later, I called to front desk to find out why. The clerk claimed nothing had been charged and to talk to the manager, but by morning the charge had been credited back. The hotel is fairly nice & so are the rooms & could have stayed that way if the staff could do their jobs.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to La Quinta Inn Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!