“it was great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
A TripAdvisor Member
“it was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

had no bugs staff is very friendly breakfast very good coffee is the best
you can get it 24/7 the pool is very clean the staff is very helpful
rooms are clean they will bring more towels soap anything you want

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Room was musty smelling and carpet did not seem very clean. Breakfast was slim and the bowl of brown bananas was obvious. Staff was efficient and friendly. There are smoking rooms here but no warning. Not up to par with other LaQuinta properties.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I just wanted to get away for a night, and we have stayed in a few hotels right in the same area. LaQuinta inn in Orange Park/Jacksonville was the nicest one yet. It was clean, quiet(which is what we wanted) and just right for our stay. We enjoyed ourselves so much that I signed up for the free LaQuinta returns membership.

• Stayed June 2013

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was an absolute terrible experience. I'll never stay here again. There was a huge blood stain right next to my bed. It creeped me out fully. I woke up to roaches two nights in a row. And not to mention, the tub was so disgusting I was afraid to take a bath. The sheets were never washed and I stayed in the room for about a week. I was forced to stay here because there were no other hotels available in the short notice I received to fly down to Florida. I stayed here while I prepared for a funeral, and it made me more depressed than I already was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Since I try to turn each business trip into a mini-vacation by bringing my spouse and my pet, La Quinta is always my first choice. I used my points for this stay as it was only 6K per night.
Check-in was quick and the hotel clerk was friendly and helpful. The La Quinta entrance was clean and nice however the Super 8 motel next door was very low-grade and always had people hanging outside smoking or just leaning over the railings outside of their rooms like a rent-by-the-week motel.
Rooms were satisfactory but more along the motel-style or motor-lodge feeling than like a nicer La Quinta.
Breakfast was minimal but they did offer make-your-own waffles which were scrumptious.
The pet walking was kind of limited and I had to walk over and through the Super 8 property to get to any grass for my dog - no pet walking instructions were given at the desk and none were posted in the room.
Parking was plenty and we could park right in front of our door.
Check-out went quickly and the desk clerk was friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

After searching for a hotel, this was the only hotel that had enough rooms for my group. The staff was nice and helpful, which was a plus, however the rooms were a different story. Mold and rust in the shower and a heavily stained tub. Some in my group reported damp and waterlogged carpets. The non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. Poor excuse for a continental breakfast, so your lucky Denny's is 50 yards from the hotel. Despite the smell, the king beds were very comfortable.

Stayed June 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!