“Not my first choice” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   8555 Blanding Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32244-5797   |
Ranked #90 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Not my first choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

After searching for a hotel, this was the only hotel that had enough rooms for my group. The staff was nice and helpful, which was a plus, however the rooms were a different story. Mold and rust in the shower and a heavily stained tub. Some in my group reported damp and waterlogged carpets. The non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. Poor excuse for a continental breakfast, so your lucky Denny's is 50 yards from the hotel. Despite the smell, the king beds were very comfortable.

Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

we arrived at the hotel on May 25th. we went to the front desk the front desk clerk was walking around with sunglasses at the pool. so I asked him for the reservation any gave us the room. but when I walked in I already knew if I had made a wrong decision. but I already had paid for the room and with wife and two grandsons and getting late I had no option but staying at that hotel. we walked in the room smelling like smoke, no tissue paper bath tub dirty. we left it alone we wanted to enjoy the pool. when we got to the pool horrible, I scrub my hand on the
tile my fingernails black from mildew I don't know what it was. again we left it alone. next morning we get up and I say let's go enjoy a nice breakfast. my mistake again, no one at the reception desk nobody to take care of the breakfast room total disaster. I do not recommend this hotel unless no other option. Pls take this serious.

• Stayed May 2013
Austin, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was in a very convenient location, right at the intersection of major highways, but it wasn't noisy at all. Our room was right by the pool, the stairs, and the ice machine, so we thought that would be noisy also, but it wasn't. Reasonably priced, felt safe, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is definitely not impressive, but it is good for the money. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, but the surrounding property is not that great. It is adjacent to two other hotels. There are lots of good restaurants around it, and it's quick and easy access to 295. We chose this hotel because it is pet friendly. When we go to the area again next year, we will likely stay there again, mostly because of it allowing pets, and the ease of access to the Jacksonville Rifle and Pistol Club.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cranston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The customer service was wonderful. We had smooth check in and out/. Price was affordable. However, that was it. rugs stained, tub and toilet stained so bad it looks dirty. I wouldnt dare sit down in it. The noise outside the hotel was loud and seemed like a party place. Parents yelling at kids as early as 6am. I didnt enjoy my stay at all. I will note the doors are outside as most are in that area. The super 8 is in the same lot as is the country suites so be careful in booking as you will hear the noises in each hotel.

On wells ave there is are a few more hotels. A little bit more a night but inside acess and much quieter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Caracas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It doesn't a family hotel, the breakfast is terrible! The cleaning is very poor. Service and price acceptables. I don't recommend stay there unless you're in emergency state. The end: It has not restaurant and the wireless is slow.

Room Tip: Only in emergency cases!