You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4693 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #108 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Charlotte NC
“Extended Torture”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wanted to dispel the bad reviews. I really did. I needed to get 2 rooms in Jacksonville. We had an early meeting and we just needed a place to sleep. My elderly father was meeting us so I needed to nail down a plan. I decided to go with a deal on Priceline for an undisclosed 2-star hotel for $29 (about $36 including tax) a night.

With my expectations lowered, I blindly pressed buy and wound up with reservations at the Extended Stay America on Salisbury Road in the Southpoint area. I was really disappointed because recent reviews were horrible. I prepared for the worst.

When we arrived, it took 10 minutes to find the person running the front desk. Elaine was perky and pleasant and dispelled the initial impression. One of the 2 rooms was ready so we checked in to room 218, above the courtyard by the pool.

The room was in need of remodeling but not horrible. The couch had a burn hole and there was a hole in the wall. But it didn’t smell and seemed clean. The room had a full kitchen in case we wanted to extend our stay.

We went out for the afternoon and arrived back at around 6pm. There were quite a few people getting ready for party out by the pool. Bianca, the front desk clerk, told us that the long-term residents have a weekly Sunday night dinner. Music was thumping and they had a grill fired up. We asked Bianca how late that would be going on since we had an early meeting. She assured us that the music would be off by 8:30 at the latest.

At 9:30 the music was still thumping just below our window. My husband called the front desk and Bianca said she would make them turn it off. My mantra of $29, $29, $29 continued in my head.

At 11:45, not only is the music still going but everyone is now drunk and talking in that loud drunk voice that’s very annoying to any nearby sober person. I called and said, “Come on, it’s not fair to those of us who need to get up early.” Bianca assured me she was going out there immediately to stop it. I watched by the window but she never showed up. At this point, I considered calling the police.

The music finally stopped around 12:10am but the party raged on until 1:30. I finally drifted off to sleep only to be awakened at 3:30 by out upstairs neighbor who evidently got ‘lucky’. Thankfully that only lasted about 10 seconds but then the two of them proceeded to stomp around for the next hour. I had plenty of time to imagine how anyone could take that many steps in such a small place. They came and finally went at 4:30.

The alarm went off an hour and a half later at 6:00. The bathroom light was “too romantic” as my husband put it – with about the same wattage of a very dim night light. The neon bulb was well beyond time to be changed. The hair dryer didn’t work. Perky Elaine was back in the morning. I had to wait for someone to find her again so I could check out. This time it only took 5 minutes. She asked how everything was and when I complained she said the music is supposed to be turned off by 10pm at the latest.

Given the price and the lowered expectations I wanted to give them 3 stars but the fact that they either are unwilling or unable to control their long term residents, I would have to recommend that you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Jill - Thank you for your review. I am disheartened to read that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies that you did enjoy your room and that you were disturbed by noise from other guests at the hotel. In response to this feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures. In the coming weeks, we will have completed a refresh of the hotel which will assist with this endeavor too. As well, I am going to be reviewing our noise policies with the entire staff as well as how to handle these types of situations in the future.

Thank you again for your remarks. I hope you will join us in the future so we can show you our redoubled efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I guess that you really do get what you pay for. We checked in on a Monday night and the girl behind the counter gave us a look like " why are the 2 of you staying here?" After checking in I went to move the car and noticed a man sitting on the curb with is dirty clothes in a white plastic back thrown into the bushes. We went out to dinner right away. We got back and I parked near a nice bmw z4 with a dept of defense parking sticker on it. Just in case stuff went down. I tried to get to the glasses. I had to open up the side where the plated were and push from the inside to open up the cabinet. My mother was complaining that she was cold. We then realized that she did not have a blanket on the bed. It was about 11pm so I just went out to the car to get one she keeps in the trunk. The next morning she went to the lobby to get "breakfast", she told the clerk that she did not have a blanket for the bed. The clerk said "do you need the white fuzzy thing or the other thing?" My mother responded that she needed a blanket. She got a blank stare so she had to say " the white fuzzy thing" It was not even worth the $57 per night!! There is no way I will be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay on 5/10/13. When I checked in, the desk clerk said that I was lucky that my room was recently renovated. The room was a dump. There were black marks on the walls, the refrigerator looked as if they took it from a dumpster(marks and large dents on it), the furniture was missing pieces and the chairs were dirty, the bathroom door would not close properly and one outlet didi not work at all.
I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk and he said he would contact the manager, never heard from the manager until I filed a complaint with their corporation the next day.Definately stay away , Best Western down the road is much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
naples, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was booked into this hotel because the convention hotel across the street was full. Although convenient to my meeting, this place was so bad that I cut my stay short and went elsewhere. The carpets were filthy, the bathroom sink was crusty, and the only toiletry in the bathroom was a skimpy bar of soap. The towels were thin, the bed hard with flimsy covers, and the worst part was the infestation of ants that appeared on the desk as I was using my computer late in the evening. The "breakfast" was instant oatmeal packs to be made with lukewarm thermos water in a paper coffee cup - no milk available! There might have been some granola bars, but the basket was empty...
Not at all a good experience, even for the "bargain" price of $74/night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is going through renovation and unfortunately it is only on the outside. The rooms are depressing and desperately need to be updated. Beds are hard and walls are thin. The Grab n Go breakfast is very lacking. Even though photos show fruit, it is rarely available. Not even juice. If you don't drink coffee, you are out of luck. The afternoon front desk clerk is not particularly friendly and welcoming so it really doesn't feel like home at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Portsmouth,Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Girl at check-in was unpleasant. Came a little early wasn't allowes to check-in until 3 on the dot! construction going on and wasn't advised of it! Work going on during weekend(including Sunday) Put in room facing construction and noise

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently spent a week at this hotel & was exteremely unstaisfied. The people working at the front desk looked like goths & acted very unprofessional. Not one bit friendly.....never a "hello" or "good morning". They tend to spend most of their time smoking outside of the front desk & hanging out with their friends from outside the hotel. I read some of the previous reviews & noted the comments on the hotel smell. The biggest complaint I had was the smoke smell in my "non-smoking" room. Even the elevator smelled like smoke. The hotels is very dirty. While I was there I found empty beer cans & empty cigarette boxes on the floor & in the elevator The carpet & facilities are in bad shape. The hotel seems to attract a blue collar "rough" clientel. The brekfast is a joke. I don't even know how they can get away with calling it a breakfast. It's basically coffee & a cheap muffin or granola bar. I would definately avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint

Address: 4693 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Ranked #108 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint Hotel
Extended Stay America Jacksonville

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.