“Don't breathe in through your nose and you'll be fine.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4693 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #108 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't breathe in through your nose and you'll be fine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I spent one Monday night here and didn't have any problems. The check in was quick, courteous, and friendly. My room was clean and I liked the layout. Everything promised was in place in the room. I was happy to see lots of towels. I didn't care about breakfast and didn't leave my room until 10:45 am anyway so I can't comment on that, I never even saw it. I didn't see one bug anywhere. I will agree with other reviewers that there are extremely strong, unpleasant smells in the hallways and elevator (pungent cooking smells/spices and rotting garbage, respectively. Seems the elevator and garbage rooms share some of the same space?). It takes a lot for me to comment on a bad smell, I don't have an overly sensitive nose, and I know there are occasional unavoidable odors in the world. This was BAD. Once I got into my room and closed the door I was relieved that I couldn't smell it any more. The windows open, and I had read the reviews and brought a scented candle with me just in case. The bed felt sort of hard initially, but I slept great and wasn't stiff in the morning. Not very many cable channels, so I was glad the Wi-Fi was strong and consistent. For the deal I got on the room, I was more than satisfied with what I got. I know what to expect at this price level and it was delivered. But they do need to do something about that smell!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and although your overall experience was a good one, I appreciate you bringing to my attention some areas of concern. As you know, each of our rooms have fully equiped kitchens, and sometimes folks make good use of that amenity and cook up a storm. Unfortunately the odors are not always pleasant. Our maintenance staff does their very best neutralizing these odors, but sometimes they do linger. And, for that I apologize, their "home away from home" experience should not interfer with yours. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Central Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Traveling as a family I do my best to always find the best deals. I was so happy with all the reviews of this hotel that I thought I found gold! That was quickly obscured!
It started w/ the smell. Then when we found out there was no linens in the room. I went to the the front. The manager said that they were out of pillows. OUT OF PILLOWS? A hotel?? So my son had to sleep w/ a towel. He said he would check the other floors and call me. There was never no call. Then there was the roach in the bath tub, one in my shoe the next day, the broken lamp, the broken bathroom door lock. Then the grand finale...no breakfast on the weekends. Even though they advertise on Priceline...breakfast there was none. I had enough..the manager only offered lame excuses and seem to enjoy the company of his homeless looking comrades sitting around in the lobby talking to him. This place is down right a DUMP. Don't stay here...and don't expect great service..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The lack of bedding and the pests you found in your room, that you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Our goal at Extended Stay Hotels, is to provide each guest with an exceptional "Home Away from Home" experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at mshor@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Cons:
*10+ minutes before anyone appeared at front desk (should of been first flag)
*older hotel so room was clean but furniture a bit run down
*called about vending/ice told that vending on first flow and rooms had ice tray, opened freezer down no ICE and I never found the vending machine
*"U" shaped building with pool/patio in middle: guests (I think they were) hanging out talking loud, laughing, etc. till after midnight (fortunately could use AC to block noise, made for a cold night)
*breakfast bar: don't even, just walk away: you know the quality when they only have powdered creamer for coffee
*THIS hotel comes off as a "transient" location for people: long term stay because of price (which is what lured me and I know better)
PROS:
*down the street from Dave and Buster's
*learned a valuable lesson regarding first impressions and will never make this mistake again.

Room Tip: *Don't get a room facing the patio/pool, it's a gathering spot for smokers and late night pa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was less than exceptional. We strive to provide all our guest with a comfortable, “Home away from Home” experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mshor@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were traveling with a pet so we booked this hotel. We booked one room but they ended up giving us two rooms as they were out of the larger rooms. One room was in perfect order. The other had a broken air-conditioner, so they gave us another. That one had an odor, cooked fish I think, that did dissipate once the air was on a while and our scented candle kicked in. This room was near the stairwell which had a lot of traffic as late at 1:30am with banging doors and running feet (they should lock it at 11pm like most hotels). But the room worked for us and the desk clerk could not have been nicer.

Room Tip: Do not take a room near the stairwell and outside door on the first floor especially.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd.. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

No ice machine. Hair drier is down. No breakfast on weekend. Many wired ppl with wired tattoos.

• Stayed July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for us to provide the same expanded coffee bar on the weekends that is provided during the week. I wish that we had been able to communicate that better to you.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extende
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for a week and a half. We have been to many Hotels from Vegas to Maine, Homestead was exceptionally a wonderful Hotel. Everything from the great Staff to the room. The room was CLEAN and smelled nice. We received great rates because my Husband was receiving treatment at the Mayo clinic. When we would return it was like YES we are home. That was a great thing to help us in a hard time. We are going back to Jacksonville next week and are planning to stay there again. The morning breakfast was clean, always set up on time perfect way to start the day. I can not say enough great things about Our stay there! I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable, while you and your husband were here under such stressful personal circumstances. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Older facility. Parking good. It's a safe hotel. Room/suite is plenty big for extended stay. Price was motivating factor.

• Stayed February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Although your overall experience was a good one, there were some areas of concern. I am grateful for the feedback you provided regarding our rates and room size, but we do need a bit of a refresh to our furnishings. We want to be more than just there in a "pinch," but a hotel you can count on to provide you with an exceptional "home away from home" experience. Please feel free to contact me at mshor@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint

Address: 4693 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Ranked #108 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint Hotel
Extended Stay America Jacksonville

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.