“Two different rooms - Two different experiences” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4693 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #108 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Two different rooms - Two different experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were traveling with a pet so we booked this hotel. We booked one room but they ended up giving us two rooms as they were out of the larger rooms. One room was in perfect order. The other had a broken air-conditioner, so they gave us another. That one had an odor, cooked fish I think, that did dissipate once the air was on a while and our scented candle kicked in. This room was near the stairwell which had a lot of traffic as late at 1:30am with banging doors and running feet (they should lock it at 11pm like most hotels). But the room worked for us and the desk clerk could not have been nicer.

Room Tip: Do not take a room near the stairwell and outside door on the first floor especially.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd.. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

No ice machine. Hair drier is down. No breakfast on weekend. Many wired ppl with wired tattoos.

• Stayed July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for us to provide the same expanded coffee bar on the weekends that is provided during the week. I wish that we had been able to communicate that better to you.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extende
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for a week and a half. We have been to many Hotels from Vegas to Maine, Homestead was exceptionally a wonderful Hotel. Everything from the great Staff to the room. The room was CLEAN and smelled nice. We received great rates because my Husband was receiving treatment at the Mayo clinic. When we would return it was like YES we are home. That was a great thing to help us in a hard time. We are going back to Jacksonville next week and are planning to stay there again. The morning breakfast was clean, always set up on time perfect way to start the day. I can not say enough great things about Our stay there! I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable, while you and your husband were here under such stressful personal circumstances. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

Older facility. Parking good. It's a safe hotel. Room/suite is plenty big for extended stay. Price was motivating factor.

• Stayed February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Although your overall experience was a good one, there were some areas of concern. I am grateful for the feedback you provided regarding our rates and room size, but we do need a bit of a refresh to our furnishings. We want to be more than just there in a "pinch," but a hotel you can count on to provide you with an exceptional "home away from home" experience. Please feel free to contact me at mshor@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel location in the future.
Alma, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We spent three nights at Homestead and did so to save some money. It could have been a great stay IF we hadn't had to endure smoke filled hallways and the smell of animals in our room. I left with a few fleas in my clothes as well.

The kitchen was very clean as well as the bathroom and the staff was courteous and helpful in every way. If you are considering a stay there, just remember that this is a place where people live for extended times and not all of them care about cleanliness. It was nice to have access to a laundry facility there though it was $2.00 a load in washer and dryer. A staff person told me that the first two floors were not as smoke filled so if you decide to try it, ask for a first or second floor room. You might be certain to request a 'no pet' room as well. The breakfast consisted of grits and bagels, coffee, milk and juice. Nice area to stay and we felt safe.

Room Tip: Try first or second floor but no guarantees.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I am thoroughly disappointed and furthermore disgusted with this nasty hotel. I had a blast on vacation with my children, everyone with the exception of the hotel manager was extremely polite and helpful. We had to leave our vacation early due to the fact that there was black and purple mold all over the hotel and it made all 4 of us extremely sick. If your considering staying at this hotel, or any hotel in this chain, I highly suggest you take a look at these pictures first photobucket dot com slash homesteadsuitejax. It wouldn't allow me to post the URL once you see the pictures you will understand why

Room Tip: Stay at the Radisson across the street
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

The service at Homestead Suites was excellent. my stay has been a great experience.. the rooms are clean and the maid service is great, as well as the maintance service... the front desk clerks have been very attentive,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint

Address: 4693 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Ranked #108 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint Hotel
Extended Stay America Jacksonville

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.