“My Extended Stay Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #106 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee, Florida
“My Extended Stay Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

This was the most wonderful stay I have had.. The staff was wonderful from the front desk to the household technician. The room was very comfortable and spacious. I would recommend to everyone and will frequent again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

As part of job relocation I “lived” at this hotel for a month. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, but a few working the front desk were less than helpful. The rooms are clean, though slightly dated.

The location was good, close to lots of shopping, dining and entertainment options, and only 30 minutes from downtown. The property is located within a business park (mostly medical related offices); it is empty on the weekends and evenings. Across the street is a small lake, a winter home for a few geese.

I had a queen bed, a chair that converted to a sleeper, dining table with two chairs that doubled as a desk/work area. A dresser with 3 drawers, TV with very limited channel selections (though oddly EVERY ESPN channel). A vanity area with a rack for hanging clothes. SIX hangers were provided, two of which didn’t had the hook part bent so they didn’t come off the rack. A Mini Safe is available for an additional fee.

The kitchenette included a full size refrigerator, two burner electric cook top, and a few kitchen basics. A mini microwave was also provided, toaster and 4-cup coffee pot. 1 packet of dishwasher soap was provided each week.

My room was #209. AVOID it. Why? It is directly below the guest laundry room. I heard washing machines and dryers into the wee hours of the morning. I did like that I did not have neighbors on either side of my room. Sound proofing did leave a bit to be desired. Laundry by the way is $1.50 to wash and to $1.50 to dry. The washers and dryers could use a good cleaning.

The bed was a little better than usual hotel/motel beds, pillows were great, linens and towels beyond scratchy. Housekeeping service was mostly good. Only one week did it seem like my room was not touched, and only the towels replaced.

On the negative side, if someone cooks something with a strong odor, the entire hallway smells of it. If the outdoor grill is used the AC sucks in the cooking smells. Trash cans are located in the stairwells on each floor, but they are not emptied on the weekends so the stairwells can get smelly.

Breakfast is provided Monday thru Friday (except Holidays). Available items I can recall are regular and decaf coffee, tea, Juices, instant oatmeal, packaged bagels, packaged chocolate or blueberry muffins.

This is a pet friendly hotel. It is actually a fairly quite location, no street noise. But it is off a very busy street (SR115) and during the morning and evening rush hour, it can be challenging to get in and out of the side street.

Free WiFi is available, but the signal strength is lacking.

Good for a shorter stay … a month was just too long to be here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Mobile, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The lobby does not give a good impression of the hotel as it needs remodeling but the room itself was great. The only issue was as with all hotels I could hear noises from accompanying rooms late into the night. I would recommend this hotel but bring earplugs with you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next trip to Jacksonville - we've found a keeper. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Lobby is lovely and inviting. Pool was warm and there's a nice gas grill available for guests to use at poolside. The room was well designed and had everything we needed, and the bed was really comfy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

I get to spend a lot of time "on the road" each year, and wherever I go, I look for good value in my accommodations.

Extended Stay Hotels give me just what I need. And this location exemplifies the best of what they have to offer.

The thing I like best is the full-size kitchen. It is so nice to not have to face a surly waiter over my breakfast coffee. Or come back from the jobsite at 2200 and be able to slip off my shoes, kick back, and watch a movie with my supper.

At this location, Charles and the rest of the staff are friendly and helpful. They remember my name when I walk in the door, and make sure I have a room which is to my liking. And it is always spotlessly clean and fresh.

I have stayed at Extended Stay locations in Jacksonville, Savannah GA, Richmond VA, and Austin TX. I have put up my clients, vendors, and friends in the local location. And it is always the same: good folks providing good service and excellent value to the business traveler.

So I go back and back...with confidence.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

Staff very courteous.hotel very clean.suite rooms at great price.
I would stay at this location again.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spring Grove, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2007

We stayed here because it was close to family and we heard it had been recently renovated...what a joke! Even though our bedspreads were new the sheets were so warn they popped off everytime you got into bed. The pillows and mattress were horrible, very worn. There was so much mold in the shower I was afraid it would come out and attack me and the floors and the kitchenette were so dirty we didn't want to even think about putting anything in it. The sofa had many, many, many stains on it that it looked as if someone had enjoyed themselves one to many times on it (if you get my drift). The free breakfast was pathic as the only thing offered was plain bagels, toast, two types of cereal and coffee...but watch out you had to fight the hotel staff for the breakfast provided. We commented we saw more staff eating breakfast there every morning than guests..hmmm isn't that a hotel no-no! The front desk staff was rude and short with you and if you needed something not quick to help. We tried to do laundry there but there was only two machines and they were very, very rusty and dirty and the detergent machine out of soap...so we skipped it. Since housekeeping is limited we found people piled their dirty linens outside their door and their garbage in the public trash cans in the hotel thus having them overflowing onto the floor. The hotel pool was unheated and not very clean. Next time we are in the area we will spend a little more money and hopefully have a better place than this.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)