“GREAT CLEAING STAFF DISGUSTING CLIENTELE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #94 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“GREAT CLEAING STAFF DISGUSTING CLIENTELE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've stayed at two Stay America facilities over the last 3 months. The reason I choose the facilities is that I have a cat and most hotels won't take animals. I guess they only take the human animals. In Massachusetts I encountered a bunch of drunken, drugged, groupie thugs who took over the facility and no one could control them. The regular workers that stayed there were also drunk and disorderly and the manager was going to call the police. In Deer Park a bus of people rolled in and took the place over. They literally destroyed the place. There was feces, garbage, etc. in the halls and they confronted other guests that were not part of their group. The manager was very nice but she was off the day they rolled in. It was insane to say the least. They were up all night and even confronted me and kept knocking on my door. The next morning I checked out and that was a horror story in itself. I talked to the manager over the telephone and she stated that she received many complaints regarding this bus group. There again there was no way the manager or the staff could control this bunch. Like the Massachusetts groups they just took over the hotel. clearly when you are one of the lowest hotel prices online you attract the worst elements in society and this is what is occurring here. Stay America needs top step up and either control this kind of conduct or just close some of their hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Traveler, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I would have given a 4 rating but will Explain.

Overall this is a A-Typical Extended Stay America, this is not a Marriott or Hilton as it looks like some of the reviewers expect from every hotel. The room was large and clean upon my arrival. Colton checked me in very fast and efficiently and was very polite. I explained that I would be having my daughter with me for the stay and needed a large room, so he made sure to show me a King executive suite before just giving me a room, so I could make sure it was clean and ready and enough space.

The pool is very large with a grill outside, landscaping was very nice and this property sits far enough away from Butler and southside blvd that the noise is a non-factor, it is very secluded but yet you are near several arteries to the city as well as great food and entertainment.

Bed was comfortable, the pull out sofa was clean and what you would expect from a pull out, refrigerator was cold and clean, and the AC worked very well kept the large room cool to cold at all times.

The bad side to this place is that the interior carpets are indeed filthy, it did however look as they were getting ready to do some type of renovation to the property. There was a smell of smoke in the hallways, not in my room. Like with any Extended Stay property there are long term guests and usually of those long term guests some are locals, who forget that there are other people in the hotel, and the only time I really noticed this was at the pool and how car loads of people would just show up and the family down the hall from us would have 8-12 people all of a sudden at the pool, but by 8 pm the cars were all gone and so were the people at the pool.

I would definitely stay at this property again the value was great for what we needed and I spent over 3 weeks in the room and had no major issues at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have lived here since 2/27/14 and on 4/27/14 I was bit by a spider in two places on my right arm and had to go to an Urgent Care. I spent $125 and $5 on my meds. I advised the Manager and he put in the claim and I have not heard anything. Everytime I call corporate office I get a voice mail. Also this hotel is really going down due to it needs to be renovated like last year. The carpets in rooms and hallway needs to be changed and the mattresses needs to be changed. I will be leaving on next week.

• Stayed February 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The reason I gave it a rating of 2 is because the grounds were nice, and the host at the desk was very polite. Other than that, it was horrible. There were 2 dead bugs on our bed. The shower had more mold and rust than plumbing. We were left an open and used bar of soap. The cabinets looked liked they had been chewed on by rats. There were no paper cups to even get a cup of water. The microwave was splattered with food. Just horrible!

Stayed July 2014
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

A front desk employee, Colton, ran out to the parking lot as we were leaving and angrily accused my 12 year old special needs son of "trashing the hotel" for knocking over a cup that was sitting at the front of the hotel since breakfast - it was 4:30 pm!

DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL! Obviously, Colton has no clue how to treat people or hotel guests. It is Colton's job to ensure the front of the hotel is picked up and to throw out the breakfast coffee cup. Instead, he would rather lie in wait and attack hotel guests. As such, the hotel is incredibly poorly managed as we've never been treated that badly at a hospitality establishment before. The rooms are run down with stained chairs and scuffed furniture. The bath towels were very small and each day we had to ask for 2 more from the front desk. Most of the windows had moisture inside so it was difficult to look out. "Breakfast" was coffee, cereal bars, and hot cereal, which should not classify as breakfast. At 10:30 am on the day of our check out (check out is 11:00 am), our room keys stopped working. I went to the front desk, Colton re-programmed a key and it still wouldn't work! We are going to tell Extended Stay America corporate about our experiences as this hotel is soiling their image. We will never stay at another Extended Stay America hotel in the future.

Corporate needs to close this hotel and start over.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is one of the best Extended Stay America hotels I've ever stayed at. The lobby was extremely clean, and Amanda processed my check-in very quickly. When I got to my room, I found it clean and very well maintained. The same can be said of the public areas, hallways, and grounds. It is, without a doubt, the cleanest ESA in the area.I stay in ESA's in Jacksonville often, and to date have stayed in all 5 in the Southpoint-Baymeadows area. There are three things I expect to be wrong with my room 1) the non-smoking room will smell strongly of smoke, 2) the sink and/or tub will not drain like it should, and 3) the bed will be uncomfortable. This hotel is the first to not have ANYTHING wrong that I could see. The night passed quietly and without incident. In the morning, I had to have a late checkout due to oversleeping (again, COMFORTABLE BED), and when my key stopped working due to being past checkout, Colton was glad to bring me a new one. I would definitely stay here again.

*** A note to the previous reviewers who said this place was horrible: I get the feeling your complaints have been heard. I spoke to the general manager, Jason, who said he had been brought in to this hotel because of his success in rehabilitating other properties in other areas. The hotel is due for renovation this fall, which surprised me because I honestly thought the hotel was new. ***

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was very displeased with the quality of the room and the attitude of the staff. First, when I checked into the room the furnishings where old, unkept and had a unpleasant odor. Secondly, the room was not cleaned. I found a Jimmy Johns sandwich wrapper in the closet, black hairs in the sink, a quarter roll of toilet paper with no new roll in the room and there was no key to the safe. When I contacted the front desk staff to explain these issues to them they where unconcerned and never once offered to change the room or ask what they could do to make my stay more satisfactory. When I went to the front desk to get the toilet paper, because the front desk did not answer the phone, I had to pound on the desk to get the front desk clerks attention and then when she did come out from the back room she made a disgusted sound like I was bothering her. I This was my first stay at an Extended Stay America and will be my last. I would rather sleep in my car then stay at one of these hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!