Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #95 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have lived here since 2/27/14 and on 4/27/14 I was bit by a spider in two places on my right arm and had to go to an Urgent Care. I spent $125 and $5 on my meds. I advised the Manager and he put in the claim and I have not heard anything. Everytime I call corporate office I get a voice mail. Also this hotel is really going down due to it needs to be renovated like last year. The carpets in rooms and hallway needs to be changed and the mattresses needs to be changed. I will be leaving on next week.

• Stayed February 2014

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The reason I gave it a rating of 2 is because the grounds were nice, and the host at the desk was very polite. Other than that, it was horrible. There were 2 dead bugs on our bed. The shower had more mold and rust than plumbing. We were left an open and used bar of soap. The cabinets looked liked they had been chewed on by rats. There were no paper cups to even get a cup of water. The microwave was splattered with food. Just horrible!

Stayed July 2014
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

A front desk employee, Colton, ran out to the parking lot as we were leaving and angrily accused my 12 year old special needs son of "trashing the hotel" for knocking over a cup that was sitting at the front of the hotel since breakfast - it was 4:30 pm!

DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL! Obviously, Colton has no clue how to treat people or hotel guests. It is Colton's job to ensure the front of the hotel is picked up and to throw out the breakfast coffee cup. Instead, he would rather lie in wait and attack hotel guests. As such, the hotel is incredibly poorly managed as we've never been treated that badly at a hospitality establishment before. The rooms are run down with stained chairs and scuffed furniture. The bath towels were very small and each day we had to ask for 2 more from the front desk. Most of the windows had moisture inside so it was difficult to look out. "Breakfast" was coffee, cereal bars, and hot cereal, which should not classify as breakfast. At 10:30 am on the day of our check out (check out is 11:00 am), our room keys stopped working. I went to the front desk, Colton re-programmed a key and it still wouldn't work! We are going to tell Extended Stay America corporate about our experiences as this hotel is soiling their image. We will never stay at another Extended Stay America hotel in the future.

Corporate needs to close this hotel and start over.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is one of the best Extended Stay America hotels I've ever stayed at. The lobby was extremely clean, and Amanda processed my check-in very quickly. When I got to my room, I found it clean and very well maintained. The same can be said of the public areas, hallways, and grounds. It is, without a doubt, the cleanest ESA in the area.I stay in ESA's in Jacksonville often, and to date have stayed in all 5 in the Southpoint-Baymeadows area. There are three things I expect to be wrong with my room 1) the non-smoking room will smell strongly of smoke, 2) the sink and/or tub will not drain like it should, and 3) the bed will be uncomfortable. This hotel is the first to not have ANYTHING wrong that I could see. The night passed quietly and without incident. In the morning, I had to have a late checkout due to oversleeping (again, COMFORTABLE BED), and when my key stopped working due to being past checkout, Colton was glad to bring me a new one. I would definitely stay here again.

*** A note to the previous reviewers who said this place was horrible: I get the feeling your complaints have been heard. I spoke to the general manager, Jason, who said he had been brought in to this hotel because of his success in rehabilitating other properties in other areas. The hotel is due for renovation this fall, which surprised me because I honestly thought the hotel was new. ***

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was very displeased with the quality of the room and the attitude of the staff. First, when I checked into the room the furnishings where old, unkept and had a unpleasant odor. Secondly, the room was not cleaned. I found a Jimmy Johns sandwich wrapper in the closet, black hairs in the sink, a quarter roll of toilet paper with no new roll in the room and there was no key to the safe. When I contacted the front desk staff to explain these issues to them they where unconcerned and never once offered to change the room or ask what they could do to make my stay more satisfactory. When I went to the front desk to get the toilet paper, because the front desk did not answer the phone, I had to pound on the desk to get the front desk clerks attention and then when she did come out from the back room she made a disgusted sound like I was bothering her. I This was my first stay at an Extended Stay America and will be my last. I would rather sleep in my car then stay at one of these hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

All of the reviews are correct, bad housekeeping,poor towels, the pool was closed by the Florida Health Department on 4/2, nothing done to date, the breakfast is a joke, the muffins and breakfast bars are gobbled up by the construction workers, the staff doesn't soon replenish, some of the non-smoking rooms smell like ash trays, it appears smoke seeps through the bathroom ceiling fan, have to close the bathroom door and put on the fan to vacate the smoke smell. I have been here 4 weeks, 2 of the Friday's the local county sheriff (several deputies) arrived with multiple deputies to clean the place out for drugs, etc. Called Corporate Customer Service and complained tonight, awaiting a call back from someone in the ES system within 48-72 hours. I am awaiting a call from Corporate office, asked them to come here to look for themself, and told them I would gladly meet with a EStay Corporate Rep directly and in person to show them around. I am on a Corporate Relo with a large JAX employer, I would not stay here, and will be telling my HR / Relo Group to not recommend this location. The actual location is a great spot (a pretty upscale, quiet area), but this Extended Stay is terrible (My views are shared by several people I have talked to who are staying here). There are other EStay locs in the area, I would give them a try before going here, until something changes here. Bad / non-existent on-site mangement. Extended Stay you can do much better, I have stayed in ES's before, most notably in Schaumburg, IL, 2000 N Roselle, Schaumburg, IL, with great results and customer service - they need to the send the manager, Jim, and his staff from 2000 N Roselle, Schaumbrug here to get this location fixed. Corporate Extended Stay QA come and look what you got at this location. Crap.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been a guest at this hotel for a long time. In that time I watched this place go from a solid 3-star to barely a 1.5-star. During my stay, the Extended Stay chain has changed ownership and has completely gone downhill since. We no longer have an ice machine and the grab-and-go breakfast up-and-went. No longer do they have a juice machine, and if your not a fan of oatmeal or breakfast bars you might as well not bother. However, that is not nearly as bad as the housekeeping. Trying to get towels is nearly impossible; I need to pull off the bedding and remake my bed EVERY week; I have to clean my own bathroom because it is very rarely cleaned by housekeeping; I no longer get coffee or dishwasher detergent left (I need to go down to the desk and ask, and even then they're out of them often). The reason I believe it's a new ownership issue is because the desk service is awesome. From Colton and Tiffany to Assistant GM Evette and GM Nikki, they have tried their best to be as accommodating as they can be under the circumstances. I use to recommend this place all the time, now I'm actually embarrassed to. Wake up Ownership and realize you will be losing guests by leaps and bounds. Good results start at the top.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!