“EXTENDED STAY FROM HELL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #94 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Norfolk
“EXTENDED STAY FROM HELL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ok I must say I was very impressed with the front desk crew, I was very impress with the maid she was very helpful and friendly, I was impressed with the size of the room. I was impress with the idea that if I did not want go out and eat I could cook in the kitchen in my room. The rooms had a bit of and odor but what the heck it would do.

It did not even bother us to much that when we came back from dinner and visiting family yes it was pretty later however there was no parking in the front of the hotel and we had to park in the back and to be welcomed by the prostitutes in the back of the hotel half dress, Oh my teenage boys enjoyed that part of the trip.

However the nightmare started around 1am went I woke up out of my sleep because my hands and legs were on fire, I went to the bathroom and cut on the lights to see my hands, legs and forearms were all red. I began calling my husband to tell him something was eating me alive in the bed. When he got up to inspect the bed he found BED BUGS OMG. Not only were they in the bed I was in they were in my husbands bed

I went downstairs to tell the front desk and was told they could not do anything until the manger comes in the morning well I'm back home know and I'm still waiting for the manager to come to my room to make a long story short I called Hotwire and they helped they are the best Please use them there rates are good.

Again don’t stay at this hotel it’s infested with BED BUGS

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boynton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We only stayed here one night, thank goodness! This hotel is tucked back in a business park, very odd location. (In fact, in the lobby we were greeted by another patron screaming that she was going to kill someone if somebody didn't give her boyfriend better directions on how to get there.) On our way to our room, we smelled 3 distinct odors: fish cooking, followed by dog, followed by cigarette smoke. Lovely. One of our keys didn't work. The phones in the room didn't work. There were no sheets for one of the beds. When I called (from my cell) about that, they had us go to the reception desk to get them, rather than bring them to us.

To be somewhat positive, I will say it's nice to stay in a room that is bigger than most, and although we didn't use the kitchen, it was clean.

In the morning, the breakfast was VERY disappointing. It consisted of: oranges and small Otis Spunkmeyer individually wrapped muffins. And coffee. THat was it. The shower curtain was hung incorrectly so that both sides fell to the middle, allowing water to go everywhere. The drain was clogged so we all had to stand in water, and the handle was broken so we had to turn the water with a screw. After that, the hairdryer didn't work. When the maintenance man (finally) arrived, he was actually very nice.

I just wanted to dry my hair and get out of there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Soperton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Only paid 43.00 including taxes for a one night stay. We were a bit apprehensive to begin with but happy with our stay overall. The rooms were pretty clean. My only gripe would be that there was a strong cigarette odor in the hallway leading to our room. With that said, our room itself did not have the odor. Hotel was in a safe looking area.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the safe location of our hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Hotel terrible, you will find hair on your bed, carpet with stains, bathroom dirty , kitchen and countertops with coffee stain from previous guess .... Front desk attendants with old uniforms and very slow, hallways smell like food. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Around the corner is a Candlewood suite hotel for the same price. MUCH BETTER!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are always strive to make our guest stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Eustis, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the reservations process all the way through checkout, I've had a great experience at this property. While my room was clean and comfortable, the staff here really do make the difference. I was here for over a week visiting he Mayo Clinic and the location is perfect for the short drive back and forth, but the convenience of having the shuttle is great as well. There are restaurants ranging from fast food to casual dining within a mile or so and the St. John's Town Centre is a very short drive away for those that need retail therapy as well. I will agree with other reviews that the location can be a little tricky at first because the hotel is tucked away in a quiet business park, but you'll appreciate the location much more than that first time you missed the turn. I have to say though, the staff at this property are really what make the stay so great. Being in a strange place on your own and going through medical treatments can be stressful enough, but they really do go above and beyond for anything you may need.

Room Tip: Even though they're unable to guarantee a specific room number, I would request 117 if you'r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Lance - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such glowing things about all of our staff. I am proud of our team for making your stay so enjoyable. As well, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, close to restaurants and other establishments in the area.

Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very convenient location, to interstate, theater, shopping and restaurants, on south side of Jacksonville. Located in a Business park. Quiet. There is a pond directly in front of the hotel, which is home to geese and ducks and their babies.

Staff, both front desk and maintenance, are extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. "Ms. Mary" (know by staff), The Manager, is very engaged with guest needs and maintains a well kept facility.

This is a pet friendly facility, which was a key reason for me in selecting this facility.

Room Tip: Make sure you get larger room than the standard room for extended stays. I stayed in the small room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Joe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with our property and staff, especially Mary. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!