“I just can't say enough....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #106 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Eustis, Florida, United States
“I just can't say enough....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the reservations process all the way through checkout, I've had a great experience at this property. While my room was clean and comfortable, the staff here really do make the difference. I was here for over a week visiting he Mayo Clinic and the location is perfect for the short drive back and forth, but the convenience of having the shuttle is great as well. There are restaurants ranging from fast food to casual dining within a mile or so and the St. John's Town Centre is a very short drive away for those that need retail therapy as well. I will agree with other reviews that the location can be a little tricky at first because the hotel is tucked away in a quiet business park, but you'll appreciate the location much more than that first time you missed the turn. I have to say though, the staff at this property are really what make the stay so great. Being in a strange place on your own and going through medical treatments can be stressful enough, but they really do go above and beyond for anything you may need.

Room Tip: Even though they're unable to guarantee a specific room number, I would request 117 if you'r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Lance - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such glowing things about all of our staff. I am proud of our team for making your stay so enjoyable. As well, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, close to restaurants and other establishments in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very convenient location, to interstate, theater, shopping and restaurants, on south side of Jacksonville. Located in a Business park. Quiet. There is a pond directly in front of the hotel, which is home to geese and ducks and their babies.

Staff, both front desk and maintenance, are extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. "Ms. Mary" (know by staff), The Manager, is very engaged with guest needs and maintains a well kept facility.

This is a pet friendly facility, which was a key reason for me in selecting this facility.

Room Tip: Make sure you get larger room than the standard room for extended stays. I stayed in the small room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Joe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with our property and staff, especially Mary. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for a month while my husband was an out patient at the Mayo Clinic. The hotel is not fancy but it was clean and the staff was more than helpful. The staff made it a pleasure to stay there, they went out of their way to make sure everything was right. Actually I can't say enough about how pleasant they were. Pleasant people are always a pleasure and they were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor room if you are staying for any length of time.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a warm and positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and we helped make you and your family more comfortable during a stressful time. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm very impressed with our visit. The room was clean, very spacious and even more importantly... it did not smell of smoke. I also loved the fact that the windows open up. We had some beautiful weather so it was nice being able to open the windows up and enjoy the breeze coming in. The bed was comfortable (love the pillows) and my daughter loved the recliner in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. I've already made my reservations here for my next trip!
* For those who are not familiar with the area... the hotel is located in the business plaza. I had a hard time finding it initially because it's tucked away so I couldn't see the hotel from the main road and my navigation system and mapquest both told me to make a u-turn (coming from 202 to 115) onto Perimeter Park Blvd when in fact, I only had to turn left into that business plaza and follow the road down to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Clean room, helpful friendly staff, close to Mayo Clinic. The kitchen was great - my husband is on a very limited diet - so this was helpful - there is only 1 pot and 1 pan - so you might want to bring other things to cook in if you do a lot. I also brought "left-over" containers to store food in the frig. It was easy to travel back and forth to the Mayo Clinic between appointments - it was only 10 min. away. We stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks. We had a king-sized bed that was comfortable. I would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Polk City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were greeted by a very nice young man at the front desk who was not only friendly but extremely efficient at checking us in quickly but he was very helpful in easily directing us to various places we wanted to visit in the area. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the suite, well appointed with a comfortable couch, leather recliner, large screen TV, DVD player, clean kitchen, like new condition such as painted walls, carpet on the floor, the condition of the bed, appealing bed linens and bath towels. The room was well lit with plenty of places to plug in your electronics. Halls, pool area, room was clean and well maintained, no smoky or mildew smell throughout the hotel. Micro and fridge in room was clean and worked well. Breakfast consisted of hot fresh waffles, fresh donuts, toast, fresh coffee, tea, juices, breakfast area was kept clean and neat and well stocked. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.