“Convenient location - Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park

You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #94 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lady Lake, Florida
“Convenient location - Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very convenient location, to interstate, theater, shopping and restaurants, on south side of Jacksonville. Located in a Business park. Quiet. There is a pond directly in front of the hotel, which is home to geese and ducks and their babies.

Staff, both front desk and maintenance, are extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. "Ms. Mary" (know by staff), The Manager, is very engaged with guest needs and maintains a well kept facility.

This is a pet friendly facility, which was a key reason for me in selecting this facility.

Room Tip: Make sure you get larger room than the standard room for extended stays. I stayed in the small room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Joe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with our property and staff, especially Mary. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for a month while my husband was an out patient at the Mayo Clinic. The hotel is not fancy but it was clean and the staff was more than helpful. The staff made it a pleasure to stay there, they went out of their way to make sure everything was right. Actually I can't say enough about how pleasant they were. Pleasant people are always a pleasure and they were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor room if you are staying for any length of time.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a warm and positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and we helped make you and your family more comfortable during a stressful time. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm very impressed with our visit. The room was clean, very spacious and even more importantly... it did not smell of smoke. I also loved the fact that the windows open up. We had some beautiful weather so it was nice being able to open the windows up and enjoy the breeze coming in. The bed was comfortable (love the pillows) and my daughter loved the recliner in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. I've already made my reservations here for my next trip!
* For those who are not familiar with the area... the hotel is located in the business plaza. I had a hard time finding it initially because it's tucked away so I couldn't see the hotel from the main road and my navigation system and mapquest both told me to make a u-turn (coming from 202 to 115) onto Perimeter Park Blvd when in fact, I only had to turn left into that business plaza and follow the road down to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Clean room, helpful friendly staff, close to Mayo Clinic. The kitchen was great - my husband is on a very limited diet - so this was helpful - there is only 1 pot and 1 pan - so you might want to bring other things to cook in if you do a lot. I also brought "left-over" containers to store food in the frig. It was easy to travel back and forth to the Mayo Clinic between appointments - it was only 10 min. away. We stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks. We had a king-sized bed that was comfortable. I would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Polk City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were greeted by a very nice young man at the front desk who was not only friendly but extremely efficient at checking us in quickly but he was very helpful in easily directing us to various places we wanted to visit in the area. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the suite, well appointed with a comfortable couch, leather recliner, large screen TV, DVD player, clean kitchen, like new condition such as painted walls, carpet on the floor, the condition of the bed, appealing bed linens and bath towels. The room was well lit with plenty of places to plug in your electronics. Halls, pool area, room was clean and well maintained, no smoky or mildew smell throughout the hotel. Micro and fridge in room was clean and worked well. Breakfast consisted of hot fresh waffles, fresh donuts, toast, fresh coffee, tea, juices, breakfast area was kept clean and neat and well stocked. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

this is one of the best extened stay i have ever stayed at very clean, staff awesome, grounds very well kept and the best management you will ever deal with. frount desk same as management you wont find any better. PS i've been here 5 month's not a short stayso this review is not a fly by night one like some people do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, February 9, 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had this hotel booked for 10 days because we were moving to Jacksonville for my husbands job and we needed to stay somewhere while founding a home. We picked thishotel because of the price and that we could have our dog with us. We got there on a thursday night around 8pm and checked out and found another hotel by 845pm. The hotel is in a office park. My husband went inside to check in and waited for 10 mins for someone to come to the front desk. We got checked in and the girl told my husband "You have a non smoking room but if you decided to smoke and the alarm goes off just call me here at the front desk and i will turn it off" What im thinking when he told me that is Why did a select a non smoking room then?? (oh because my husband quit smoking 3 years ago). So after he told me that we went in on the side door. The hallways smalled like smoke. It was gross. We got to our room on the 2 floor opened the door and the first thing you come into is the kitchen the walls were yellow from people cooking. The fridge had old food in it. In the bathroom someones strands of hair were attached to the walls. The bathroom tub had a red stain in it. Not sure if it was blood or paint or what. the bed had hair on it. The chair that the desk had look like someones bodily fuilds were on it as if they sat in the chair naked. I was starting to itchs and feel unconfrontable in the room. My husband called corporate and they told us we could check out with a full refund. So he went to the front desk and the guy couldnt figure out how to give the refund. So he gave a refund but it was off by $70. So we had to come back the next day and get a manager to fix it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!