“Like this hotel, will be back next month” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8801 Perimeter Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #95 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Polk City, Florida
“Like this hotel, will be back next month”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were greeted by a very nice young man at the front desk who was not only friendly but extremely efficient at checking us in quickly but he was very helpful in easily directing us to various places we wanted to visit in the area. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the suite, well appointed with a comfortable couch, leather recliner, large screen TV, DVD player, clean kitchen, like new condition such as painted walls, carpet on the floor, the condition of the bed, appealing bed linens and bath towels. The room was well lit with plenty of places to plug in your electronics. Halls, pool area, room was clean and well maintained, no smoky or mildew smell throughout the hotel. Micro and fridge in room was clean and worked well. Breakfast consisted of hot fresh waffles, fresh donuts, toast, fresh coffee, tea, juices, breakfast area was kept clean and neat and well stocked. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

this is one of the best extened stay i have ever stayed at very clean, staff awesome, grounds very well kept and the best management you will ever deal with. frount desk same as management you wont find any better. PS i've been here 5 month's not a short stayso this review is not a fly by night one like some people do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, February 9, 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had this hotel booked for 10 days because we were moving to Jacksonville for my husbands job and we needed to stay somewhere while founding a home. We picked thishotel because of the price and that we could have our dog with us. We got there on a thursday night around 8pm and checked out and found another hotel by 845pm. The hotel is in a office park. My husband went inside to check in and waited for 10 mins for someone to come to the front desk. We got checked in and the girl told my husband "You have a non smoking room but if you decided to smoke and the alarm goes off just call me here at the front desk and i will turn it off" What im thinking when he told me that is Why did a select a non smoking room then?? (oh because my husband quit smoking 3 years ago). So after he told me that we went in on the side door. The hallways smalled like smoke. It was gross. We got to our room on the 2 floor opened the door and the first thing you come into is the kitchen the walls were yellow from people cooking. The fridge had old food in it. In the bathroom someones strands of hair were attached to the walls. The bathroom tub had a red stain in it. Not sure if it was blood or paint or what. the bed had hair on it. The chair that the desk had look like someones bodily fuilds were on it as if they sat in the chair naked. I was starting to itchs and feel unconfrontable in the room. My husband called corporate and they told us we could check out with a full refund. So he went to the front desk and the guy couldnt figure out how to give the refund. So he gave a refund but it was off by $70. So we had to come back the next day and get a manager to fix it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We needed a place to stay while my husband recovered from two emergency eye surgeries. This Extended Stay was perfect for us. We needed pet friendly and even our cat was pleased with this clean and friendly facility. Staff were all very professional and yet helpful and friendly - made it feel like a community and a home away from home. Location is great, back off the main roads in a quiet commercial/professional office park. Felt very safe the entire month we were there - never saw anyone just wandering through or lingering. Pool very clean and surrounding seating great for sunning and reading. Too cold in December for our swimming, but braver children were enjoying the pool. Good housekeeping services. Inexpensive laundry facility on site. The breakfast was rather sparse, but with a kitchen (stove top, full size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher) in each unit no need for more. Easy access to good shopping. Recommend highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well I live in Jacksonville but I stayed here with my fiance who is active duty military for 12 days while he was on Christmas leave because staying at my moms was not an option we needed peace and quiet and that is what you get here!!!...so for starters the area is very nice its in something like a business community so there was not a lot of traffic ..in fact no traffic at all that goes back there lol...there are LOTS of restaurants and a movie theater about a minute away. there is also a mall about 7-10 minutes away and the staff is extremely friendly
For the most part the room was clean, I still disinfected the dishware(soaked them in hot water and bleach) and bathroom because....well im just like that..

ok now for the CONS!!!!
Well, after staying for awhile our air conditioner started making weird noises and very loud we just kept it off for the remainder of our stay and opened the windows when we where feeling a little stuffy in there. also after staying for a few days we noticed little brown ants everywhereee in the kitchen,on the night stands, in the bathroom..everywhere...AND that is the reason I rated this hotel 3 stars....taking my lovely bleach i literally bleached down everything! and that some what fixed it...afterwards a saw maybe 3-4 ants here and there...and the breakfast i cant speak on we never ate it..so no opinion there.
Overall this hotel is liveable...i would stay again long as i have my bleach handy...I can honestly say if you are not trying to pay a arm and a leg for a hotel that has everything you need and still stay comfortably this is the best you will get in jacksonville,(from what i have saw) the rest of the hotels with the kitchens and everything where defiantly dirty looking. besides those to cons i enjoyed my stay with my fiance = )

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Jacksonville - Deerwood Park. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

When you’re dealing with trying to get a family member to the Hospital -- the less stress you have the better. Patients are moved out of hospitals quickly... so you need a close place to recover. Or if you are from out of town and have to be at Mayo early. The rooms are designed to have a bit of the apartment feel so other activities can take place while someone is recovering or just resting.

The staff was very polite, and with special needs of family memebers - they are very helpful. The maintenance guy replaced a broken phone immediately. Evette, Judy, Colton, & Darrel are key people that offered to do anything to assist. I was surprised, Colton even called to confirm our 2nd visit to let me know we were set a number of nights.

Heads up -- Price & Staff is great, shuttle to Mayo and Publix. Hotel has wireless for free, yet it is not secure internet access. Bring a hot spot - cell phone or other device for private internet communications.

Room Tip: get two beds to a room for any hospital recovery stay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review of your stay at Extended Stay Deluxe – Deerwood Park. It’s always rewarding to read that our entire staff was able to be a comfort during such a stressful personal experience. And that our suites provided that “home away from home” experience you needed. Should you need us again, please know that same level of service will always be available!
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This facility is snuggled in an office park looking out over a 3 acre pond with active wildlife. I have enjoyed the quiet comfort of the setting over the past 6 years in my business travels.

The management and service of the staff is over the top. They even have an "inspection manager" with a very large security unit ( Mastiff) named Harley to complement the care and quality of the campus.. Mary, and Judy manage, Colton, Nicki and Darryl tend to the needs of the desk and comfort of the guests. The maintenance guy (Bob) is on top of any problem.

A quiet walk around the pond will have you talking to the ducks, watching a giant Crane fish and letting the pressures of the day melt away....Its like home.

Room Tip: Just let management know what kind of room you prefer..they will do the rest.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful and descriptive review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed not only our hotel and staff but also our surrounding scenery. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park? Share your experiences!