“Great Accomodations, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #80 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Accomodations, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Conveniently located just across the bridge from downtown in a not so great area, this hotel is extremely well managed, clean, 24/7 coffee/tea, recently refurbished and in excellent repair, was there for one week for business and did not see any shady characters staying there or on the property, property is kept well secured and well lit at night so I felt safe enough - is not in Jacksonville's crime ridden section (north part of downtown) but in a decent area that has a few places open at night. Great for Jacksonville Jaguar games or other events at the stadium, convention center or baseball park as you can take a water taxi to the game from a nearby little dock! No parking fees at the game/event! Kudos to management team!!!

Room Tip: You're very convenient to downtown but 30 minutes by car to any of the beaches
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for sharing such a positive experience. I'm glad that you are able to see a "diamond in the rough". We take pride in our property here and are happy you can enjoy the fruits of our labor. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Keystone Heights, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I usually win this on Priceline with a very low bid. I live in Clay County but love to go to events in downtown Jacksonville. This hotel is a great choice. They have free wifi, close and free parking, a full kitchen, and a decent room. There's a few things I'd put on my "wish list" for this place. Extended Stay hotels use to have furnished kitchens but have now changed that. Currently, you have to ask for a corkscrew, glass, fork, coffee maker or just about anything. It's a real drag to have to go to the front desk when you're all settled in. I would also love a small workout area or a pool. Not the case here. Finally, the number of channels available on the television is pretty pitiful. That all stated, it's a great place.

Oh...and a helpful tip: Ask for a second floor room facing away from the street. Much less "street noise" and also not as many neighbors.

Room Tip: You can usually get this on Priceline with a very low bid.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we can provide exactly what you are looking for. As for our kitchen amenities, we are doing things a little different these days to ensure cleanliness and give our guests the opportunity to customize their kitchen needs. Upon your return, we will ensure you are given all the required information on how to access the pool and gym at a neighboring site, the use of those facilities is free of charge to our guests.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Some of the friendliest staff I've ever had at a hotel (including super pricey ones), and very clean room made for a pleasant stay. Although the breakfast is a "grab-and-go" model, the quality of food was good and the coffee was actually enjoyable! My only complaint was that the bed was extremely firm, but all in all it was a great place and I would likely stay there again. I realized when I was checking out that I'd forgotten to print a ticket to an event I was attending and the front desk clerk was kind enough to let me email it to her and she printed it at the front desk. They really went the extra mile to make sure I left as a happy guest!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

We were in town for a concert and this was one of the most affordable options for us seeing as we were only staying one night so essentially all we needed was a warm bed! The location was perfect! There are at least 3 restaurants within walking distance and a gas station as well. The river taxi was a short walk across the street to the neighboring hotel. Upon check in the woman at the front desk confirmed my reservation and I asked to pay with cash. Well nowhere in the hotel's FAQ was there anything about a deposit for guests paying with cash. She informed me that they required a $100 deposit if I wanted to pay with cash. Well that was all I brought with me! As I was fumbling through my wallet, trying to figure out how I was going to manage this the manager on duty told me she would waive the deposit fee as long as I promised to not trash her room. You got a deal lady! I didn't really understand why a deposit was needed since they had my card on file but it all worked out in the end! The room was spotless but did smell like smoke but it didn't bother his as we are smokers and were equipped with febreeze. The only comaint I have is the fact that what seemed to be construction workers that were staying there were hanging out in the parking lot and left all their trash there...other than that it was perfect for a place that all we required was a clean bed and hot showers.

Room Tip: Bring febreeze because the rooms may be clean but they still smelled like an ashtray
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Park,Ga.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Overnight stay for Garth Brooks concert......was clean and was just a short drive to Jacksonville Landing.....didn't use kitchen but it seemed in decent shape.....price was right especially for a Saturday night in Florida....would stay again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

In short of 40 years of traveling I have never encountered a hotel clerk that was outright nasty and disrespectful. Besides the fact that the rooms are below standard, apparently they have a policy that allows them to leave a minor child locked out of his room, rather then allow him to contact a parent or legal guardian that is a guest at the hotel. When questioning the clerk about this she told me to talk to the hand and she didn't have time for this. I could go on for hours, however just note that 911 was dialed and I am getting a attorney involved. There should be no policy that allows a child to be stranded and the hotel you have paid to be a guest of denies him/her the opportunity to contact you. That's child abuse in my eyes.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I booked over the internet in ADVANCE with the main corporation and it seemed pretty easy. I was given one rate for my entire stay but was charged a MUCH HIGHER rate. I had a problem getting this corrected every month. Recently my credit card was charged without authorization as I was considering moving to another hotel. Initially when I checked in, TIM was very nice. The first room I received was handicap accessible which i did not need and he offered to change it. The second room I went to was a mess. I always inspect the beds and bathroom no matter what hotel I go to and there was hair everywhere. It looked as if housekeeping did not strip the beds when people checked out they only made them back up. I went back downstairs to complain and was given another room. This room was worse than the second one with hair and old food in the refridgerator in addition to the bed with hair all over the sheets and the wool mattress cover. I returned to the front desk and asked to have the second room back and I would change my own linen if I could have fresh clean linen. I was given the linen in bags and it was folded nice and neat so I knew it was clean and I bleached the entire room. At this time I noticed other people being moved from room to room. I was told that there was an influx of people who moved out so that might be why the rooms were not up to par. To me that is no excuse. If I did not have to be here for work I would have left. Recently I was laying in bed and felt something crawl on me and it was a roach. I called the front desk at 4AM to complain about it and also went to the front desk later that morning to ask when they were coming to spray and was told they didn't know but it would be sometime during the weekend. I do not recommend this facility. There were also people that hung around the building constantly. I also wrote the company twice and have not heard back from them and could not get through on the phone to speak to someone.

Room Tip: Good luck finding a good room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk? Share your experiences!