“Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stopped in Jacksonville for one nights stay on our way to our cruise. We got a great deal using Hilton Honors points. The hotel was average. The rooms were mostly clean but in desperate need of an update. The location however was great and the breakfast was good.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Asheli T,

We are so happy that you were able to get a great deal using your Hilton Honors points to stay with us on your way to your cruise! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are overjoyed that you found the breakfast to be excellent and plentiful. We are making continuous efforts to make sure our hotel is pristine and up to date. You will be happy to know that we will be getting new carpet installed in the next month as well as updating various features in the rooms as well as adding further amenities and services to the hotel. We hope that on your next trip to Jacksonville, we can be of service.

904-396-7770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
rapid river
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

great place to stay! everyone from the front desk staff, to manager, housekeeping, to dear sweet ivy at the breakfast room could not have been nicer. we do plan to make a return visit and highly recommend!

Room Tip: perfect room with a huge hot tub!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Mary D,

We are so happy that you had such a delightful stay with us! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are elated that you found the staff to be friendly and courteous. I will make sure to share with Ivy your wonderful comments. Looking forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I originally made my reservation at the Crown Plaza. I stayed there 2 nights and couldn't stand it. I was thrilled that the Hampton had an open room. The staff there is so friendly, the building is clean and updated, and the breakfast was free! Easy freeway access as well. Not a lot to do in the immediate area of the hotel, but the staff was very helpful in providing ideas and directions.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Jennifer S,
I am so glad that you took a chance on us and enjoyed your stay! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are elated that you found the staff to be welcoming and hospitable. And yes we do provide a lot of free amenities including Hampton’s On The House Hot Breakfast! We hope that you will call on us next time you visit Jacksonville.

Valdosta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I loved this hotel and our Jacuzzi suite room! The staff were very nice and the breakfast was great too! This hotel is in a great location downtown and was close to everything we wanted to do! I have already booked this hotel again for an upcoming "girls' weekend"!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Ashley S,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your romantic weekend with us and that you enjoyed it so much that you are coming back with your friends! Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We look forward to hosting you and your friends on the next girls’ weekend!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hotel service ans staff was excellent, especially complimentary breakfast and the lady by name IVY, with an excellent cuatomer service sense. Location of the hotel not appropriate for entertaiment after working hours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pablo T,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback about our staff being exceptional and I will make sure that I share your wonderful comments with Ivy.

Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I chose this location because I like staying in the South Bank/San Marco area, but I had not stayed here before.

My welcome at the front desk was both friendly and professional (cannot remember the name of the front desk manager, but it was the evening of March 14). As I finished checking in I asked her if she knew anything about the restaurant right across the street (see my review of the Wine Cellar). Not only did she tell me what to expect, she quickly pulled out a card for a 15% discount on my meal.

Unfortunately, when I walked into the room I was not as happy. Although it was a non-smoking room, someone had obviously smoked there in the recent past, and the odor had permeated the carpet, etc. It was not my imagination; when I got home I found that my clothes had picked up the smell of smoke. I did not ask to change rooms because the hotel was full; it was the night before the annual River Run and entire busloads of runners were in residence. Even though they were young, they went to bed early so they could do their best the next morning.

Then I went into the bathroom to check out the whirlpool bath, which was not there; that was the main reason I was staying at the Hampton Inn this time instead of at the Homewood Suites (nearby, and where I usually stay). The bathroom looked dated and kind of tired, although I appreciated the fact that the complimentary toiletries were Neutrogena.

Then I discovered that the whirlpool was in the bedroom, next to the bed, which seemed kind of tacky. The bedroom itself was like the bathroom--tired and in need of updating. The desk and desk chair were squeezed at the foot of the bed. Since I'm less than average size, I wondered how a larger person would be able to even use the desk. The window overlooked the street, which was fun the next morning when I watched the runners come past the hotel, some in costumes.

Throughout my stay I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and helpfulness of all of the members of the staff that I encountered. That's what made this a "Very Good" instead of a "Good" review.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Caromex13,

We are so happy that you were able to stay within the Hilton family and stay with us while in Jacksonville! We are making continuous efforts to make sure our hotel is pristine and up to date. You will be happy to know that we will be getting new carpet installed in the next month as well as updating various features in the rooms as well as adding further amenities and services to the hotel. We hope that on your next trip to Jacksonville, we can be of service.

Grand Bay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Paid extra to stay downtown to see riverwalk and freindship fountain. Riverwalk was closed and fountain did not appear to be working properly. So I would not recommend staying here for the sites. The hotel was very nice, clean and the staff was super freindly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
William,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your honest feedback! I am so sorry that some of the downtown Jacksonville attractions were not available for your view. I do know that the city is working to get the renovations complete very soon on the new and improved River Walk. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you experienced a clean and crisp hotel room as well as had a great impression and encounter with the staff. We hope that you return to Jacksonville once the River Walk is complete and stay with us again.

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown
(904)-396-7770

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95? Share your experiences!