“The stay was great !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Duluth, Georgia
“The stay was great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I was surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms. Sheets were great but the pillows were a little too soft. The free breakfast was great and the staff was very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone that might be visiting Jacksonville.

• Stayed March 2014
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear SororityGirl56,

WOW! Thank you for your great review! We enjoyed having you and your sisters stay with us too! Thank you for the feedback about the pillows in the room. We use feather and foam pillows and will be happy to provide a more firm option prior to your next stay with us! Looking forward to hosting your group again!

(904)-396-7770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Lilburn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn and this time was much of the same. I think it was the first time I had a less than perfect visit. I didn't sleep well as I usually do and breakfast was not as good. I can't blame the Hampton though because I was experiencing some pain in my hands prior to our arriving. So the sleeping issue may not have been related to the bed. I'm just not sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dorothea,

We are so glad that you stayed with us for your trip to Jacksonville! Thank you for the kind words about our hotel however, we are sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping due to the pain in your hands and that breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We thank you again for your honest feedback and we will address the concerns you had for the breakfast so that we can make sure we improve both quality and service. If your travel needs ever bring you to Jacksonville, we look forward to welcoming you home.

(904)-396-7770
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We wanted a place in downtown Jacksonville with easy access to the Florida Theater for the Jennifer Nettles concert. Always skeptical of big city hotels, I researched possibilities and tried the Hampton Inn. We were nicely surprised. Easy to get to, very near River Walk (which is getting a much needed upgrading). Parking free, area safe and monitored. Room was clean and comfortable and well appointed, including a micro fridge. Free hot breakfast was awesome with many choices of fresh fruit and even omelets. Staff friendly and attentive. And oh so easy to get to the Florida Theater. Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Beachbirder,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! I am so glad that you took a chance on us and enjoyed your stay! We are also looking forward to the Riverwalk upgrades that the city is currently working on to make the stroll by the river even more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you next time one of your favorite performers comes to Jacksonville.

Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great hotel along the way or for a visit to Jacksonville. Convenient location, nice rooms and very friendly/helpful staff. Close to I 95 and to downtown/waterfront attractions. Recommend without any question.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven,
Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that when your travel needs bring you to our beautiful city, you like to call our location your ideal choice! We also appreciate the comments about our friendly staff being nice and helpful. It is feedback such as yours that lets us know how we are doing. If we can ever be of service for your return trip, please do not hesitate to give us a call!

Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

While this was a good Hampton, I have been at better. I thought the price / value was a little steep compared to other hotels in the area. Needed some spare toiletries from the desk, they were no good. Shaving cream packet was dried up. Pillows were those small square pillows, not very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dennis,
We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We promise you that this is not a typical experience and we are so very sorry that that service you have come to expect from Hampton was not provided! Thank you for providing feedback about the guest amenities so that we can ensure that another guest does not have this same experience.
I hope that we can host you again upon your return to Jacksonville.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here only one night with a friend. The front desk was friendly at check-in. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was very nice. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was good - biscuits and gravy with potatoes (kind of dry and tasteless) and the usual - bagels, toast, muffins, waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. Check out wasn't until noon, which made the stay feel longer. It's a few yards from the SkyWay (which is a free automated shuttle to downtown, convention center, etc. - think Monorail). Hotel location was great - in the heart of everything. Walking distance to great restaurants. Would stay here again for sure. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor (top). There was no noise from the other rooms, but since we were next...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jentlewolfe,
Thank you for reviewing us! I am so thrilled to hear that you had a Perfect Stay with us! Yes we do offer a Complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast, Noon check out, and are conveniently located minutes from most attractions downtown! You can access these destinations by a short walk to the free Downtown Monorail located one block behind the hotel. We really are in the heart of it all! Thank you again for taking time to review us! We look forward to hosting you and your guests on the next getaway.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

While we had a slight hiccup on one of our three rooms, the overall service was exceptional. The service desk staff was very friendly and quickly took care of a few changes that needed to be handled when we checked in. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable. While we did have a couple of challenges with one of our rooms, they were quick to remove one of the two nights off the bill as compensation. I would highly recommend this property if you need to stay in the Downtown or Southbank area in Jacksonville.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CK,
My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our goal is to be brilliant at the basics and I am sorry that one of our rooms fell short of that expectation. I am so happy that we were able to remedy the issue and turn it around quickly. We do pride ourselves on our staff and the service that we provide. Friendly service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings every time. If you’re not satisfied, we don’t expect you to pay. That’s our commitment and your guarantee. That’s 100% Hampton.
904-396-7770

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95? Share your experiences!