“Business trip to Jax” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, United States
“Business trip to Jax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Excellent for business trips. Close to Nemours Clinic. I will use next time. Had to stay for 5 days. No complaints. Fitness Center kinda small, but better than nothing. I will defenitely will book again when need it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hello Rafael,

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant 5 day stay with us recently. Next time you are here, be sure to ask the front desk for the discounted gym information. The hotel has partnered with River Fit Gym and as a guest you are entitled to discounted rates. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travel needs bring you to Jacksonville!

-Fred

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales
fred.bollard@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went to see Billy Joel Concert and the Hampton Inn was located nearby. We were treated like we were the most important guests. Everyone was very friendly and the manager Chris went beyond the call of duty in making our stay pleasurable. Ivy at the food station treated us like family. Women at desk greeted and always checked on our comfort. We are planning to return because of our clean room and amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in Jacksonville. We hear that the concert was a great one! We will make sure that Chris & Ivy are aware of your comments as well. We look forward to welcoming you back one your next visit!

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales
TAmpa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Professional, helpful, clean and delicious breakfast! I would return to this hotel and any Hampton Inn after having such a positive experience. They really go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied in every single way! Great value too!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Melissa! We have to say that your review was “AWESOME” as well! Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your recent experience. And you area correct; we try our hardest to go out of our way to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied. We know that you have a choice when choosing a hotel, and we want all of our guests to experience nothing but the best! Regarding the value… FREE parking, FREE full hot breakfast, FREE high speed wireless internet, and FREE popcorn and cookies in the lobby every night, how can you go wrong? Thank you Melissa for allowing us to be of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! As your travel needs arise, please tell the other Hampton Inn’s we said hello.

Yours in Hospitality,

Alhambra, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I can to Jacksonville to attend a Conference and I book rooms 6 months ago. Later I found out that I must come one day ealier, and this hotel is full, so last night I stay in a cheap motel. Though the motel was cheap, all the rooms were non-smoking room. But, tonight, after one day tired conference, I check in with Hampton Inn. They immediately put me into a room they have. When I walk in, I smell something, but didn't think about it is left over cigarrett smoke smell because last night even a cheap hotel did not allow smoke in their room. So, I tried to turn the air on and have a shower. Then, when I came out, the smoke still didn't go alway. Not until after 30 min, I found there was a ash tray on the table, I realized the smell was real smoke, and it never go away. I called the front desk. She tried to be helpful by spraying. Of course it does not work. After another 30 min, I could not stand, so I put a chair to the door, and go to the lobby for fresh air. The lobby has much more fresh air. I then talked to the supervisor at the front desk, he tried to understand but told me there's no room. So, that's the fact: Without asking whether you are a smoker, just put you to a smoky room. Knowing that people inhale 2nd hand smoke have the same rish as inhaling the 1st hand smoke. This hotle charge me more than $100 per night, and they put me to a room that encourage me to die earlier. Worse than the cheap motel, I had last night. Hopefully, the smell goes off after sometimes. If they cannot get me a new room tomorrow, I will be asking a refund. If you chose to go to this hotel, make sure check with the front desk for "non-smoking" room. Otherwise, even go to a cheap motel will save you money and your health.

Room Tip: Make sure mention "non-smoking" before you check into any room. They won't tell you...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and letting us know of your concerns. We are so sorry for the trouble. We have attempted to contact you numerous times today (01/24/2014) to let you know that as promised your new, non-smoking room is available for you. Once again we truly apologize for the trouble that you experienced!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything at all we can assist you with during the remainder of your stay! We want all of our guests to feel at home during their time with us and we sincerely apologize for your first impression!

Please see any member of our management team if you have additional questions or concerns!

-Fred

Cairo, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Hampton for a Billy Joel concert. The hotel has a great location; it is within walking distance to the Jacksonville Skyway and water taxi. I wanted public transportation to the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Area for the concert and the staff arranged our taxi pickup which I have to say was excellent service. The lobby offered warm cookies, popcorn, and coffee in the evening. The room included and microwave and fridge; our room was very clean and comfortable. All of the staff couldn't have been nicer. My sister complained that she didn't sleep soundly due to the room not being insulated well against outside noise. I felt the breakfast area was too small to accommodate the many guests at the hotel; we had to wait to get an open table. Overall, the hotel would have to be a top pick when staying in the downtown Jacksonville area; I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad that you stayed with us for the Billy Joel concert that took place at the nearby Veterans Memorial Arena. From what we hear, it was a GREAT show. And thank you for the kind words about our staff being so nice! We are however sorry to hear that you had to wait for a table in the breakfast area. It was quite a busy morning! Regardless, we too think that we are a top pick offering exceptional value in the downtown area! If your travel needs ever bring you to Jacksonville, we look forward to welcoming you home.

At Your Service,

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'm a "Hilton" person so I try and stay at their hotels. Hampton is usually a cost-affordable alternative in the Hilton's hotel stable. I found this one to be very nice and has a great location. What I particularly liked about this Hampton and the reason for my rare review is the demeanor of the hotel staff who I found to be particularly helpful, cheerful and personable. From the managers to the breakfast staff to the person who promptly arrived to fix my BIG screen tv following a storm knocking off its channels, everyone was kind. The room was clean and quiet. You can easily travel across the bridge into downtown or remain the vicinity (which I did as the conference was a couple of blocks away at the Crowne Plaza) and find everything you need. Plus getting back on/off the highway was very easy and close. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Just ask. I'm sure they will accommodate your request.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fred B, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Loyal Hampton Inn Traveler,

Thank you for your kind words about the demeanor of our staff. We are so glad that you had a pleasurable experience here at the hotel while you were attending a conference at another! We also like to think of our location as one of the best in the downtown area! I have shared your feedback with the team here at the hotel and all of us were so happy that we could take care of you! Our entire staff knows that when guests travel they have a choice when selecting a hotel and we strive to make sure all of our guests feel not only at ease, but at home. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Vero Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The lady who checked me in upon my arrival was super nice and very helpful. She was able to check me in early and upgraded me to a king size bed as outlined in my profile. I wish I could remember her name so I could thank her specifically. This Hampton by far had the best breakfast I’ve ever had at a Hampton, the breakfast attendant did a fantastic job, even brought me a newspaper to my table. All of the staff I encountered while walking through the hotel were very friendly and greeted me every time we passed. The hotel is a bit old and the rooms could use some updating and cleaning but the staff is what sold me on this business trip. I will be back again in a few months and I will be staying here again, I hope I have the same pleasurable experience.

Hello Brad,

We hope that you made it home safely from your recent trip to Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our staff here at the hotel. I have done a bit of research for you and Rochelle was the Guest Services Agent who checked you into your room when you arrived. We will ensure that she is aware of your kind words! We will also thank the breakfast attendants for taking great care of you. Ivy & Tammy both do a great job making sure that our guests feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back in a few months. Regarding the updating of the hotel, we have some plans in the works! If you have any questions or concerns, or need to book a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me or the team.

(904) 396-7770

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95? Share your experiences!