“Close to Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“Close to Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel was a nice place to stop for the night while waiting to catch the AMTRAK north. It was however a challenge to get across the river on the weekend. The Skyway shuts down, no trolley service, and the river taxi may not run on time (11:00 in a.m.-maybe). So, we were "trapped" on our side of the river w/not much to do. We did walk to the riverfront and excitedly saw dolphins swimming downstream while waiting for the river taxi which was running late. We found FiFi's consignment shop to walk through - great place if you're looking for a wedding gown at a bargain. And, did enjoy sitting at the pool. Breakfast was complementary and enjoyed. And we did visit the 200 year old Treaty Tree down the road. We also found that the Science Museum was not too far away though no-one mentioned this when we asked if there was anything to do on our side of the river. The rooms were clean and well kept. Staff was customer friendly and helpful with suggestions, accommodated our late check out request and held our luggage until we were ready to leave.

Room Tip: If you want to see attractions plan ahead and know what you want to see and how to get to them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you had the opportunity to visit FiFi's and the MOSH. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you, Brenda Celano - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Looking to plan your next meeting or just a weekend gateway?
A+ Customer Service, Beautiful Clean Hotel & Great Location.
Calling all Meeting Planners ,Travel Agency & Corporate business Travelers.
Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville is the place. I pick this Hotel for my clients - We had a large group with 35- 40 rooms & meeting space over three nights, and everything went flawless....

Frederick Bollard sales coordinator was amazing, very organized, great personality from day one of planning this event. Frederick was helpful also Robin Crooks Director of Sales My group arrive on Friday 15, 2013 as my clients check In, both party from sales was there to welcome them. The group was very impress as they arrive. All the welcome and Greeting they receive by Fred & Robin and the whole staff.
Star front desk agent was very outgoing and friendly. Chris was very helpful with assisting the group with whatever they needed. Sarah offered information and service before you could ask.
Marlin was wonderful in assisting the group with registration Breakfast was so good.
Hotel rooms were nice & beautiful beds were comfortable. My group was very please and will return next year. Customer Service was Outstanding

Kingdom Travel Agency
Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - we appreciate you comments and I will be sharing them with my team. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel in Jacksonville and we are so glad you chose us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Brenda Celano - General Manager
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent a Saturday night here on my way back north after a 2-week vacation in Southern Florida. I booked on line, looking for reasoanably priced-hotels in the area and found this Hampton, with AAA discount to be most reasoanble and economical. The hotel is easy to get to off I-95 in downtown Jacksonville. Just watch the exits carefully!
Check in was quick and easy; very pleasant desk receptionist. I was MOST impressed with the room (313) Plenty of room, a nice large desk, FlatScreen Color TV with wide variety of local and cable chanmnels. Spotless bathroom!! Nice large tub, with plenty of hot water for a soak after being in the car all day.
The room was very quiet; and even had a nice clock radio with sleep timer to doze off to nice music. I honestly couldn't find anytning to complain about. Check out was quick, polite and easy..and the breakfast was exellent. I haven't had Chipped beef (or SOS as we called it in the service) It was delicious! Lots of variety, plenty of fruits, pastries, bagels and great coffee to go!

I enjoyed my stay there, and highly recpommend it to thers!

Room Tip: I was on third floor and it was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - we appreciate your comments and I will be passing them on to my team. I am happy that you had an excellent stay with us and we hope to see you again during your next visit to Jacksonville.

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown!

Brenda Celano - General Manager.
East TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Found this hotel to be up to the high standards of Hampton/Hilton. Location is good with a pleasant walk across the river to The Jacksonville Landing, a short drive to the beach, shopping and port, and for business, close to work. Staff is very customer focused. My first visit to Jacksonville after many years. The city is quite pleasant and worth seeing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments. We are so glad you found our property up to standards. I will be sharing your comments with my team. We hope to see you again in the future.

Thank you, Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very friendly front-desk clerks. Room was clean and quiet. Good location for downtown Jacksonville. It's not an interesting location for walking-around. Oh, the breakfast was very nice - lots of items and lots of helpers putting out fresh food and clearing tables, etc. I didn't know how to adjust the room thermostat but the front desk clerk came up and showed me how to do it within ten minutes of my request. The whole staff at this hotel was genuinely friendly - like they enjoyed their jobs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us and I will be sharing them with my team. All of us at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.

Thank you - Brenda Celano, General Manager
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I frequently travel to Jacksonville and choose to stay at this location because of the staff, cleanliness, and location. Fred Bollard and the manager Chris have been extremely helpful on each visit. The sky train is steps away from the building that I take to Jacksonville Landing. Area is safe to walk at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I couldn't agree more with you, Fred and Chris are a great asset to our team. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Thank you - Brenda Celano, General Manager.
Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're looking for a great location, and a very clean hotel, stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville, just off I-95.....the staff is very friendly and accomodating, and the Hotel is VERY Clean and "easy on the eyes"

We had a large group with 31 rooms over two nights and everything went flawless....

Can't go wrong with the hot breakfast every morning too......

A+++++ property !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - we value your feedback. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Jacksonville.

Thank you - Brenda Celano, General Manager.

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95? Share your experiences!