“Great Service - Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Little River, South Carolina
“Great Service - Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Took my wife along on a recent business trip and could not ask for a better two nights. Clean comfortable surroundings and super friendly staff. First of all, my King room which turned out to be two Queens when we entered, was immediately upgraded to a King/Jacuzzi! Wow, nice!. The next day as I was thankng the manager for the upgrade, I mentioned that he had made my trip because it was my wife's birthday. He immediately said I have something for you and retreated to the office,brought back a map of the area and presented my wife with a $50 gift certificate usable at several local retaurants. Needless to say, we had a great time at Vito's Italian Cafe at The Landing, especially when we purchased several super appetizers for our guests with the extra $50.Thanks to Chris Monroe and Staff for making this quite the memorable experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments - we appreciate it. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! Brenda Celano - General Manager

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Moorpark, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a standard non-descript Hampton Inn. If you stay at them frequently as I do, you'll know just what to expect. The staff is friendly. Rooms are a reasonable size and the Internet connection is free and reliable. There are phones on both the workdesk and the nightstand, and I had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom is laid out well. Amenities include soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.

The complimentary breakfast is pretty good with hot and cold options. The fitness center has a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and an exercise bike, each with individual video screens.

The hotel is easy to get to and just a couple of blocks from the river, but it is in a commercial area and doesn't feel tourist-centered at all. The riverfront is a pleasant enough walk. There are only a couple of restaurants in walking distance and they're on the pricey side (Charthouse is the most reasonable, though I think there's an IHOP as well if that's what you're looking for.) The hotel does have menus for a couple of places that deliver, plus a mini-mart where you can pick up something quick.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in September, 2012. We feel we are a great fit for the guest traveling on business to the downtown area. We do have some great restaurants a short distance away. I hope to see you on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Thank you for staying with us. Brenda Celano - General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a nice room, friendly cleaning staff. When we checked in on Friday my husband had a little problem understanding the desk clerk "Yarkis". She wasn't very friendly, she handed him the room keys and walked away to answer the phone. He stood there a few minutes, the manager asked if he needed help, I told him that she had passed the room key to me, but kept my credit card so I didn't know if I was finished or not. The manager gave him the card and said all was okay. If the manager had not shown up he would still be standing there. I guess the phone calls are more important than a guest standing there. Yarkis does not communicate well, it would have been fine if she had said "excuse me, I have to answer the phone" but she just left him standing there.

Stayed September 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel and we thank you for choosing us. Your comments are very important and helpful to us. We hope to see you again during your travel to Jacksonville. Thank you - Brenda Celano - General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay. Staff very friendly. Good area for a nice run. Winery accroos the street nice place. The brewery down the block is also great. Science museum only a block away. great location for visitors.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for staying with us - we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! Brenda Celano - General Manager
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great hotel. Clean, great service. Yet the property is located on the South side of the river and in a business building area. We stayed there on a Friday and when the business places closed up for the evening, the entire area is a ghost town with only two restaurants in the immediate area (Ruth Chris and the Charthouse). Both great places but pretty devoid of anything else.
We'll be back to Jax, but maybe stay on the other side of the river where there was loads of places to go.

Room Tip: No river views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments. I will be sharing them with my team. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel for your travels and we thank you for choosing us. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is convenient to the Floida Theatre and other activities near downtown Jacksonville. The staff made our staff very enjoyable. It was extrmely windy while we we at the hotel, so there was a little expected leaves in the pool. Again, I would recommend and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that your staff enjoyed thier stay with us. We are a great property to stay if you are visiting the Florida Theatre. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again during your next trip to Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel two nights in July. The hotel is an older building, which means older furniture, carpets, and linens. The room felt humid and the A/C unit was loud. The wi-fi was spotty at best. The breakfast selections were plenty but the breakfast area was small and felt crowded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95? Share your experiences!