“Nice Hotel,location is ok depending on where you are going” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Glen Ridge
“Nice Hotel,location is ok depending on where you are going”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

The rooms are nice with a microwave and refrigerator. The air conditionair could work a little better but it is 90 degrees out. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast in the morning and popcorn and cookies in the afternoon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed here for 4-nights. Easy access from I-95, close to river and downtown businesses. Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, free parking, basic complimentary breakfast - all as advertised. Has indoor gym which I didn't have time to use so cannot review. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

We were one of those many people who's flights were cancelled due to huuricane Irene.

We had to drive a 100 miles to Jacksonville as that was the only airport that could get us home the quickest. We knew nothing about Jacksonville and nothing about the Hampton Inn chain. We only came across thanks to our sat nav when we got off the interstate.

We thought it looked very posh from the outside and said we would just chance our arm and check the room rates for the three nights we were staying. The girl at reception was so nice and friendly and the prices she gave were very reasonable, we were staying. The rooms were fabulous for the price, very clean and the beds were comfy with white linens, nice. The breakfast was great too,self service and very plentiful, yummie, great start to the day. I also used the pool and had it to myself, that was spotless and sparkling clean.

We had a great stay and we were so very lucky to find such a lovely hotel, we couldn't have asked for anything better.

• Stayed August 2011
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Very clean hotel with very friendly staff. Good breakfast that they keep fresh the entire time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just want to say that I enjoyed my stay here a lot.
It was clean, updated and the staff was extremely helpful.
The Breakfast was also really nice.
Not sure if I'll be returning to Jacksonville anytime soon.... but if I do,
I would love to come here again.
Book it.... you can't go wrong.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel falls well below Hampton Inn standards. The bed was poorly, not properly made, the sheets were too big for the bed. The bed was very low and uncomfortable. There was only one wastebasket in the entire room. The bathroom door had to be propped open or it would close by itself. The room smelled musty and was not all that clean. The front desk clerk, a very nice woman, indicated that there were no reasonably priced restaurants nearby and we would be better off ordering via phone and having something delivered. We did so and had a sandwich shop bring some sandwiches up to the room. They were slow getting there (45 minutes), tasted fair at best and were overpriced.
Our room was a handicapped room and I found it strange that a handicap room would be on the 5th floor of a hotel. How could wheelchair bound folks, although we are not, get out in the event of a fire?
We were just passing thru Jacksonville however if we do so again we will not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Another great stay at a Hampton Inn. It was clean and not worn out, the breakfast was great, and service was friendly.

Free parking is nice. Not a lot of restaurant options in walking distance, but there is the lovely Treaty Oak park next door. The waterfront is about a 10 to 15 minute walk.

If I'm in Jacksonville again I'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95? Share your experiences!