“needs major improvements” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville
“needs major improvements”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Every room we we put in had something wrong from water damage to broken doors and obvious signs of break-in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Trisha D, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the rooms you where put in. I would like to discuss this with you so I can determine which rooms you were in and make sure all issues are corrected. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Richmond Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Love love this place they offer free breakfast free dinner loved our room just like an apartment not to far from beach close to all kinds of shopping n restaurants and a Dunkin Donuts right across the street! !! will be back best value I have seen so far

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trisha D, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms! As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and I am glad our staff exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rural Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Exterior and lobby appeared clean and well-maintained. Check-in staff very friendly and efficient. I asked her for sheets and pillows for the sleeper-sofa, and extra towels because we had four guests. She assured me the sheets were in the closet, and gave us a couple extra towels, but had no washcloths.

When we got to the room, there were no sheets for the sleeper-sofa. Called the front desk, she said she didn't have any, but she would try to find some in another room...which she did. We took one of the pillows off the bed to use on the sleeper-sofa.

When I opened the dresser drawer, it fell out of the dresser and onto my toe, badly bruising (breaking?) it. A couple other drawers were likewise faulty.

At 2:45 a.m., our daughter awakened with bedbugs crawling all over her bed! A quick inspection determined they were in both beds and the pillows! We reported it to the front desk, and asked to be moved to another room. She apologized but said she had no other room available. So my husband told her we were checking out and wanted a refund. Miraculously, she found another room. He and daughter inspected it, and found no bedbugs, so we moved. Again, there were no sheets or pillows for the sleeper-sofa; front desk told us just to take the ones out of our old room. Uh...no...it was our intent to get away from the bedbugs...not bring them with us!! By now it was 4:30 a.m. and we'd lost nearly two hours' sleep.

The next morning we talked to the manager, who apologized and promised to get the exterminator out that day to check both rooms for bedbugs. We were out all day, and when we returned to our room late that night, we found the beds had been torn apart and NOT remade! Fortunately, I had the forethought to leave a note on the bathroom mirror asking the maid for towels and washcloths for four, and sheets and a blanket for the sleeper-sofa. I guess I should've asked her to make the beds.

Breakfast bar was standard cereal, waffles, bagels. Ham in the eggs, bacon grease in the potatoes, (and an empty pan of biscuits and gravy). We have diet restrictions that keep us from eating pork, so our selections were limited to the usual "continental" items.

Rooms were very quiet. Management interested in resolving problems. Check-in and check-out were the best parts of this experience.

This seemed like a good value at the time we made the reservation, but we would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I would to apologize for the issues you had with your room and the breakfast. These are two of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I’m diligently working with housekeeping and breakfast staff to correct these issues so they will not happen again. I have also contacted our pest elimination company.
I am glad that our front desk staff was able to offer you great hospitality. I hope you will consider staying with us again soon so that we demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and ultimate guest satisfaction. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The room was clean and well arranged. Kitchen supplies such as the one glass and plate were sparse for three people's needs. The first two breakfasts (Saturday, Sunday) were well supplied and coordinated with a very gracious and hospitable host. Monday and Tuesday's breakfasts were staffed by the front desk person who could not possibly keep the breakfast area supplied AND answer phones and check out guests. Consequently guests expressed exasperation with the lack of food and supplies. I think the hotel needs to consider restocking kitchens with basic utensils and hire more help for weekday breakfast management.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Trisha D, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience with our hotel I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you had. I did address them and have taken further action with our staff since then. I apologize for the inconveniences that you received while you were here. We have also just hired a new breakfast attendant for the weekdays. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you.

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville? Share your experiences!