Somebody forgot to post in big letters when booking this Fairfield that it is UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Not a little, a lot of construction. Supposedly the rooms have been completed but they forgot to put in refrigerators and microwaves in the empty slots where they used to be. The bathrooms have really old, moulded plastic walls, not the full set in plastic tubs which are okay, but faux marble plastic panels. The lighting is an off color so being in the shower/toliet area is kind of let down. The hallways are the first thing that grabs you about the redo. You think to yourself 'sure they are still working on this' because the turquoise and brown attractive carpeting doesn't go with the mustard yellow walls. It is a strange combination that I haven't seen in any other Fairfields (I am writing from one now in another state). The front desk has NO CLUE where the airport is, yet this is the Jacksonville Florida AIRPORT Fairfield Inn. Didn't a manager think to print out directions to hand to guests when they ask. I would assume that since you are by the airport and the hotel comes before you get to the airport, you might ask exactly how to get to the airport at 4am when you have a 6am flight. The best I could get from the evening check in clerk or morning desk clerk was a blank state and a hand pointing off to the left.....somewhere that way. I have to say the saving grace of this hotel was the fabulous breakfast attendant, who, on a Saturday morning, put out the 6am start items at about 5:45am so we could grab a hot breakfast before leaving for the airport. That is a jewel not to be overlooked. That was complete consideration and going above and beyond. I would like to revisit this hotel when it is completed to see if it is better than my stay was. It was average, some issues and staff who may not have been quite trained enough to be left alone at the desk. It is convenient but there were a lot of better choices in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and see our newly renovated Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, conveniently located by the Jacksonville Airport. The hotel features ALL NEW ROOMS and a Contemporary Lobby completed August of 2013!! Allow us to introduce you to our professional staff who will greet you with a friendly smile and a warm welcome. Our hotel has a bright and vibrant atmosphere complemented by a full hot breakfast buffet, complementary wifi, a fitness center, outdoor pool and sunny patio to help make your stay the best value Marriott has to offer. We look forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville
- Fairfield Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Fairfield Inn