“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Nebraska City, Nebraska
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were staying at this property while visiting family and sightseeing. We have been on the road all month and have stayed at many hotels during this trip and this is by far one of the best ones. Check-In was very pleasant, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The only real problem I could see with the room was that when we pulled the sofa bed out there were no sheets on the bed which for me was a little disturbing. Other than that, an excellent room. I did notice that the hotel was under construction and can not wait to come back and see the new look next time were in Jacksonville. I had woke up late and was trying to rush to the airport and make my flight back home. The front desk clerk, Candice, was very helpful in getting us to the airport fast and even left the desk to take us herself. Service is A+ here and the staff was just wonderful. Thank you all for a wonderful trip back home!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for the great ratings and kind words! We regret that we are unable to make our pull out sofas ready to be used ahead of time due to brand standards, however please note that we will gladly have a team member ready to set that up for you at your future visit. We are excited to let you know that we already have rooms available with the new product so please come and stay with us at your next visit to Jacksonville. Feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you with making your upcoming reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I had reason to stay at a hotel near Jacksonville Airport on the night of March 16. I chose Fairfield Inn based on my experience at other locations in the US. However, this location did not fit the bill.

For those of us who are used to a certain standard when staying at a Fairfield Inn, this hotel will meet your expectations in some areas. The staff was very welcoming and helpful as they assisted us in finding a bottle opener/corkscrew and with printing our boarding passes. The breakfast was standard Fairfield quality including the usual hot and cold food. The breakfast staff replenished items as quickly as possible.

It’s in the room that the standards fell short . . .

When you walk into a Fairfield Inn room, you typically see crisp, white sheets and pillows. They are usually so inviting that you can’t wait to go to bed. At this location, the sheets were old, wrinkled and looked tired. The pillows were lumpy . . . the lumps being visible through the very thin pillow cases.

The bathroom was old-school style being divided into two areas. The toilet and shower/tub were in one room and the very small sink area was separate. I have not seen this type of bathroom set-up for a very long time. The way the sink and closet were situated, you couldn’t help buy brush back sides with anyone who was hanging up their clothes. Cute, but not particularly romantic when you are rooming with your brother !

The in-room chair had a leg so badly broken/repaired, I was afraid to sit in it. Not to mention, I would not have had room for my legs because there was so little room between the chair and the bed.

The worst part of the room? The VERY THIN walls. In the adjacent room was a family with a young baby. How do I know this? The baby cried at 11PM and 5AM. The walls were so thin, we could hear the parents speaking to the child (word for word). It was as if the crib was less than a foot from the head of my brother’s bed, with no wall in between. In fact, it seemed that the family was departing at 5AM as we could also hear drawers opening and closing as they packed their bags.

Just after getting back to sleep at 6, a group of travellers started their motorcycles and revved them several times before departing the parking lot, which was just outside our window. This proved that not only are the walls thin, the windows are as well.

Also, I can’t remember the last time I stayed in a hotel with no room safe.

The good news? We did not hear any airplanes departing or arriving at Jacksonville airport.

I can only speculate that Fairfield Inn took over another hotel property and called it their own. All I can say is, put a rush on the upcoming renovations and I hope the plan includes some structural changes along with the cosmetic ones. Until this happens, I will not stay at this hotel nor can I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The walls are so thin, I'm not sure there is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We regret that we didn’t live up to your expectations even thought our staff was welcoming and attentive to your needs. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you back as we already have rooms available with the brand new look. Feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can assist you with making your upcoming reservations.
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stay at Marriott hotels whenever we can. There are several at the JAX airport. We've stayed here several times. The Fairfield is a very nice hotel, with a very nice staff. No complaints. Room was a good size for 3 people - two queen beds, spotless, $99 rate on a Wednesday night. Free shuttle service to the airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and for the great ratings! We are very excited to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning. We appreciate your business and can’t wait to be your host while visiting Jacksonville in the near future.
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a great hotel for an overnight stay before or after flying in to Jacksonville Airport. Rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. They have a great free breakfast in the morning to get you on your way. It's what you'd expect from a Fairfield property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for the great ratings! It has always been a pleasure to serve our customers and we are delighted to know that we have met your expactations.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I flew into Jacksonville airport and spent most of my time working another review for the military. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn at the Airport. They were remodeling the 3rd floor but placed me on the first floor and I was "completely" satisfied with all the regular and additional customer service I received while staying there, to even assisting to get a nearby restaurant to bring me supper while I was working on a report. I was especially impressed for the customer service from Kandace Williams and from Tammy (no last name) who was on the evening shift. I highly recommend them to received some type of verbal or written accommodation of "excellent customer service" Thank you. LtCol Robert J HIlsman, USAF. (robert_hilsman@hotmail.com)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for you feedback and great ratings. I have shared your comments not only with Tammy and Kandace, but also the entire staff. I feel much honored to have the opportunity to be a part of such a great team. Our success depends on your satisfaction and we are very happy to know that our team delivered on our promises. We also hope to see you again in the near future!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We met our son and family here to go to my brother's funeral in April. They got a first floor room and we were on the second floor. I was worried about them being so close to the action but everything worked out fine . . better than fine. The staff was so nice to all of us and we felt very secure. We also enjoyed having nearby decent restaurants. I've stayed at other airport hotels but have never seen one so homey!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and great rating. We are very sorry about your loss and we regret that the reason for your visit was rather sad. However we are pleased that we were able to make you feel at home!
La Vergne, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We arrived Jacksonville early and decided to see if we could check in early. They were very accommodating and had a room ready for us to check into. While checking in we inquired about the heated pool and whirlpool that was advertised on their website, which are 2 things that drew us to this hotel. We were informed that the pool was closed because it had recently been resurfaced and that there was no whirlpool, it had been taken out. That was very disappointing to us since that played a part in our decision to stay there. We checked in and went to our room only to find there was no fridge or microwave, which we have grown accustom to in all hotels we stay at while traveling. We informed the front desk that we had meds that needed to be refrigerated and could we get a fridge put in our room. They weren't sure if there were any available but would check, in the meantime they said they could put our meds in their fridge with our names on it and we could get it any time we needed. We agreed. We left the hotel to go adventure out into Jacksonville and returned later that night. When we returned there was a fridge and microwave in our room. A short time later the maintenance man came to check to see if it was cooling and it wasn't. He left to go find another one and returned shortly with one that was functional and changed them out. The only other thing that bothered us was the entire 3rd floor was closed for renovations and was concerned about noise. Only 2 days did we get our sleep interrupted by construction noise. Had the renovations been noted on their website we would have chosen another location to stay at, but I guess that's why they don't advise that information. The windows are advertised as being able to be opened for fresh air, and that was not the case. Our windows had been screwed shut and had no screens. My husband went to open them to get some fresh air in the room and discovered this. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful in offering suggestions about where to eat. The lady in the breakfast area of the hotel was the greatest. She was always very upbeat and engaging. She seemed genuinely concerned about every guest that came into the area. She kept the area extremely clean, very well stocked and you could tell that she took pride in a job well done. All in all it was not a bad experience but could have been better with more up front knowledge about the hotel itself. If there was one thing the hotel could do better that would be to update their advertising to be accurate.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor overlooking the pool area, which is on the back side of the hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for bringing such valid points to our attention. Please note that we are in the process of addressing all of your concerns to ensure we continue delivering exceptional service to our valued customers.

Been to Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!