“Hit or miss.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hockessin, Delaware
“Hit or miss.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here one night with my wife and son. We requested a King suite and received a room with a king bed; we had to ask for a roll-away bed for our son. The room was small (the roll-away bed barely fit), but very clean and had been recently renovated. The staff was friendly but accomodating. The price was just OK. This hotel accepts pets which is why we stayed here, but it would not have been my first choice if I was traveling without pets. They did NOT offer complimentary coffee in the mornings.......really?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apoligize for the confusion regarding your room type. We have two suites in the hotel however animals are not allowed on those floors. The first floors in both towers are desognated for pets.

Our staff takes great pride in our facility and we, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done. Regarding complimentary coffee, the Crowne offers Keurig machines in all guests rooms with free coffee for your convenience.

Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.

Mark Kane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Upon entering the lobby of this hotel, it looks fairly acceptable but it stops right there. The room we stayed in was dirty and run down. The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite a while, missing parts on the faucets, bed that was ancient, squeaky, and linens that were worn out. Staff of the hotel were equivalent to the hotel--in need of replacement.

• Stayed January 2014
We do want to thank you for letting us know about your stay. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and amenities, so I do apologize that we did not deliver this time around. I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation in the market is a key priority for us. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result.

Please email my assistant at krogers@mmihg.com with your room number so I can personally inspect it and take care of this. We would definitely like to see you again in the future! Thanks again for your feedback!

Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. The staff was very professional and helpful wanted our stay to be as pleasant as possible.
The staff in the breakfast area were polite and very nice.
I stayed on a floor where no noise were allowed, which was nice because of the jetlag and the need for proper sleep.
The beds were really great, and I loved products on the pillow to help you to calm and relax.
The only thing that was sad, was that I got a rope the last night out of three. I'd wish I would get it from the start of the stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We do want to thank you for letting us know about your stay. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and amenities, so I do apologize that we did not deliver fthe robe on the first night of your stay.

Southern Pines, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here on a drive to Florida where I had encountered horrendous traffic conditions. This hotel was a welcome respite. The lobby is large and open. There is a bar in the lobby which offers a limited menu. There is also a full service restaurant on the premises. I ate inthe bar which was very pleasant experience . The rooms are spacious . The beds are very comfortable ...and the price was reasonable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We love to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Thank you so much!

We hope to see you again soo and Happy New Year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great beds, friendly staff. Love the sleep tight products to help calm and relax. Go to the website Templespa.com
Indoor pool, keurig, great shower products and facilities
If you are on a business trip nice and quite rooms to unwind
Looking forward to my next visit

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The new sleep kits have been a great hit with our guest and we are glad that you had the opportunity use it.

Also,our beds are definitely a plus...some guests say its difficult to get out of bed because they are so comfortable.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your return visit!

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crown Plaza on both ends of a 7-day cruise. The accommodations
were 1st class, and provided courtesy transportation both ways. Upon leaving the morning
of the final stay, the General Manager greeted us and engaged in a friendy conversation.
The room and all the facilities were extremely clean, and we will always return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for rating our hotel. We really appreciate the nice comments and I will share them with my staff.

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Happy Holidays!

North America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were quite pleased with our short stay at the Crowne Plaza. I initially booked the hotel for convenience arriving from a long flight, and was impressed right from van pick-up at the airport to check-in. I did not get the front desk agent's name; however, he was very professional and pleasant - plus gave us an upgrade due to a recent birthday, to the Executive Level.

I'm not sure if the previous negative reviews were from the regular hotel rooms, but our Executive Level room was extremely clean and modern, obviously recently updated. The bed was extremely comfortable, and there was little noise. The nicely decorated lounge has 24 hour access and provides hot beverages, soft drinks, and water, plus a comfortable sitting area with a big-screen tv. There were even ice cream bars and Mexican-style paletas, which were much appreciated after being out in the warm temps all day long. The only downside to the executive lounge is the computer was extremely slow and frustrating. If I were a business person relying on the computer I would not have been very happy. Wifi was very good and fast.

We ate in the restaurant the first night and though the staff were well-meaning and delightful, the food was unfortunately only passable - the only downside to this otherwise very nice hotel. We ate in as we did not have a vehicle - there is a mall perhaps a 20 minute walk from the hotel with dining options and you could conceivably walk to it. However, from what we could see there is no sidewalk and would be definitely unsafe at night with high-speed traffic coming off the freeway. There is a small convenience store right beside the hotel and a Waffle House as well.

Though not perfect, the Crowne Plaza met our needs for a stay near JAX and we would definitely consider returning, especially since we had excellent rates for the weekend.

Room Tip: Try to get an Executive Level Room if possible; weekends seem to be good value.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. All of our rooms are the same except the EL has the addition of lounge and complimentary refreshments. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

Our location is great as you mentioned. Next time you should check out the Rivercity Marketplace which offers over 100 shops and restaurants only minutes away and just a short shuttle ride which is provided by the hotel. I will share your comments regarding the food in the restaurant.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane

Been to Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!