“Great stay for one night” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #38 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Efland, North Carolina, United States
“Great stay for one night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza- JAX Airport for one night and it was a great experience. The staff is very friendly, and the hotel property is beautiful. The room was extremely spacious and very clean. Each room even has its own Keurig coffee machine with two complimentary k-cups. There are many shopping and dining options within two minutes of the hotel. The airport is about two minutes down the street as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Jacksonville.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel. Our location is great with lots of things to do within minutes of us, as well as the airport.

I will share your comments with the staff. They work very hard and take great pride in making this hotel above all the rest.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Mark Kane, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I arrived at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Jacksonville Florida for a retirement party of a close friend. As a Soldier I have traveled the globe and back in the past 27 years and I really know what good service looks like. This hotel went far and beyond to demonstrate how much they appreciated our business. Food and Bevarage (Catering and Conferences) Manangement was simply outstanding. Mr. Bill Tuminski is a true expert of his craft. Ensuring the dinner set up, access for the DJ to set up early and friendly servers was only surpassed by his enthusiasm to cater to our group's every request. The front desk was also first class.I sent clothes out to be dry cleaned and even though the local cleaners had already made the daily pick up, they were called back to collect mine. Upon return of my clothing, the same receptionist informed me that the cleaners found a pair of my Gucci glasses in my suit jacket pocket. Wow! Pleasantly shocked is an understatement. The food served during dinner was very good and served with a complimentary flow to our script (agenda/program). I don't come to Jacksonville often, but from now on the Crown Plaza at the airport is my hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

We truly appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. They work very hard to go above and beyond to keep our guests happy. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

So glad your stay was enjoyable and WOW about the glasses....that is pretty extraordinary.

Thanks again.

Six Lakes, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I were traveling on business and stayed 3 nights in this hotel in March 2013 and we are sure to stay there again.

The ambiance is inviting and comfortable immediately upon entering as a huge tropical great room welcomes you to the facility. In this giant room is a coffee/tea bar to set you up nicely for your free wi-fi access to handle all of your computer work or pleasure; endless amounts of comfortable furniture arranged in various settings to accommodate all group sizes for small to large group interaction or for individual quiet and privacy; a welcoming, festive tiki bar; a nice size indoor pool; and the hotel's front desk.

The pleasant service begins immediately with the front desk staff, continues through to the restaurant and in polite conversation with the housekeeping staff. The food was great (in restaurant and room service) and the rooms (bedding, bathroom, everything) were spotlessly clean.

A "fresh off the presses" newspaper waits outside your door every morning and goes perfectly with the fresh, hot cups of coffee made in the Keurig coffeemakers found in every room. Everything about our stay was enjoyable and positive.

One more great attribute, this property is just off of I-95, next door to Dunkin Donuts and 3 blocks from WalMart and multiple other stores, making it ideally located.

Stay at this hotel. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Just let the front desk know your preferences and they will gladly accommodate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
WOW.....thank you so much for all those wonderful compliments on the hotel and staff. You touched every aspect of the hotel and several departments. I will make sure to read this at our next managers meeting. Our staff works very hard to try and stay above the many hotels in the area.

Again, we truely appreciate your time and we look forward to your next visit.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just got back from a visit at the Crown Plaza, Jacksonville. I only stay there when I am in Jacksonville because of the staff. They are wonderful. They make you feel welcome. The location is great and convienent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass along your wonderful comments about our staff. Everyone works very hard to try and provide a pleasant atmosphere for our guests...or as we call them extended family.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staff was wonderful, as my first room had too much air freshener for me. They moved me immediately. Food and service in the restaurant were good. Nice hotel. Super staff. Room was roomy and sunny. Attended a three day convention. Facilities were very nice and staff was helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our staff at the hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize their efforts. I will make sure to share your comments with them.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you guys back soon!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just started using this hotel for our stays in Jacksonville. We use to be downtown on the riverfront and I was a little disappointd tha we moved to the airport for our short stays. A co-worker of mine had stayed at this hotel about 25 years prior and he remembered it as a Holiday Inn I believe. We arrived at the hotel rather quickly from the airport, the nice van driver was waiting for us which was a huge plus in my book. The hotel decor was nice and modern and fresh. The check-iin agents were pleasant and in very good moods. Our room keys were ready for us and all we had to do was sign in. There is a full restaurant and bar in the hotel, we didn't eat there the first night as we got in late but we partook in a "client banquet" that the hotel was putting on the second night as a way to say thank you their clients. The food was wonderful and well prepared and the alcohol was free! We had an awesome time at the reception. The wait staff was friendly and social and the bartenders kept our drinks stocked.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Crowne Plazas seem to have a mattress that fits me well and I always sleep well in them. The bathroom was spacious as was the shower. We were in the "tower" part of the hotel which is seperated from the main building by a glass walkway so it was very quiet. USA Today's were provided for all the rooms in the morning which was an added bonus. The lobby also had coffee available in the morning for us and the other guests.

The only downside to this hotel is the lack of quality food around. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse and a Chilis a short walk away and a Waffle House right out in front but that is pretty much it. If you are just using this hotel as a rest stop before departing on a flight it will fit you just fine. If you are planning on staying for an extended period you may want to book a hotel down on the riverfront as there is much more to do and see.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower section as it is more restful because it is away from the bar and restau...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

What a great time we had at the Kentucky Derby party. We are so glad you were able to partake in this annual event. Our beds are one of the amenities that our guests always rave about.

Although I would have to disagree with you on the availability of restaurants and things to do. Our location is great and only seconds from the Rivercity marketplace with over 100 shops, restaurants and a movie theatre. You should take advantage of this during your next visit.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

While I haven't stayed at your property yet - It was your knowledgeable, courteous Front Desk attendant that solidified my booking at your hotel.

I had a lot of questions and as an in-experienced traveler - she took the time to answer each and every one of them (over all 4-5 phone calls)

Of course I wished I could remember her name now - because she is most defiantly the reason we booked with your property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments.

You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done and I know you will as well.

Our location is great and convenient to many things. The Rivercity Marketplace offers over 100 shops and restaurants and is only minutes away.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your visit.

Mark Kane, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!