“nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kent, Ohio
“nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I really loved this hotel. I had access to the executive lounge and there was free ice cream in the room. I had a great stay. The beds were about the most comfortable I have ever slept in. If for some reason I am ever passing through Jacksonville I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and all the wonderful renovations that we have done.

We appreciate your business and again, thank you! We hope to see you back soon!

Mark Kane, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed two nights in the hotel. Overall the hallways are extremely warm and bothersome. But the worst part of my stay were the bed bugs in my room. Woke up about 4 am and called the front desk as my legs had multitude of mite like bites on one leg, When the front desk answered, she was upset that she could not hear me, guess why, the phone was broke as well. I was in a double bed and fell asleep on top of the covers of the other bed. Woke up at 6 with the itches. It was horrible and still itching today. The manager put me in the executive rooms....only difference is the offering of the bathrobe....while the executive room didn't serve breakfast like they do in Little Rock. The hallways over there were just as hot as the other side of the hotel. The manager gave me the upgrade and a free meal at the local restraunt, which was closed when I came back from my meetings.

No way Jose. Never again at that crown; because it isn't a crown at all!!

Room Tip: Stay out of 1506
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Our hotel takes these accusations very seriously and the hotel has active programs in place to check for such issues. In addition to our efforts, the hotel spends thousands of dollars each year with a pest control company that inspects and does preventive maintenance in our hotel and all guest rooms on a weekly basis. The company did come and survey the room and provided us with written confirmation that no bed bug activity was present and no further action on outr part was necessary,

Regarding dinner, our restaurant serves dinner until 10pm daily and the Rainforest Lounge offers dinner until 11pm.

We apoligize for any inconvience you may have experienced and we appreciate the time you took to share your comments. Hope that you view this as an isolated incidental and give us another try.

Warmest regards,

Chad Schlehr
Guest Services Manager
Swainsboro, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel. It is had a beautiful lobby. However, the halls and elevators were very hot. There was not a refrigerator nor microwave in the room. I am used to having those amenities in my room. There was a doorstop that we bumped into when using the open closet. That was annoying. Being a platinum member, I enjoyed the executive lounge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay.

We apologize for the inconveniece regarding the temperature in the hallways and elevators. One of our chillers went down and we were having it worked on and we are up and running cold again! Sorry for your disappointment that microwaves and refridgerators were not in our rooms. Our hotel is considered full service not limited service, however these items are available for rental at $10.00 each per day.

I was pleased to see you were upgraded to the Executive Level. Our lounge is very comfortable and offers all the sweet treats and specialty coffees....what a nice touch!

Again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will stay with is again in the future. The Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport was awarded the Quality Excellence Award and Turning Point Award from Intercontinental Hotel Group for 2011. These awards are based on guest comments and their satisfaction with our property.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had no problems during this one night stay, wish the bathroom was a little larger in the King Executive Room that I had. Room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are proud of all the wonderful renovations that we have done. I total understand, bathrooms are never big enough!

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Anyone who is not satisfied with this property is being a little ridiculous ridiculous! The rooms are in excellent condition and are extremely clean. The staff here has never been anything but nice and accommodating. AND the best part .... It doesn't feel like just another generic airport hotel.

The pool is in great condition and feels more like a resort style pool than an airport hotel. I had a little Malibu at the pool ..... And suddenly I wasn't there to catch a 5am flight to Chicago the next day!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
It is a pleasure to hear someone else say what I have been saying for years..thank you!

We appreciate your kind words and I will share them with my staff. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Spent the weekend here. Clean hotel. Good location. Free wifi. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I met with Bill to obtain prices and options for a social events we wanted to hold at the Crowne Plaza. Let me say that the Crowne Plaza is a beautiful facility and we fully believed that we had found our event venue. When we left, we were told that we would receive a contract for all the we discussed and would proceed from there. Let me say, the contract that was sent for my signature was very vague and did not provide any details as to what we would receive for signing the document other than that they required a deposit. I emailed Bill and informed him that I could not sign a document that did not detail what we would receive so that there was no confusion and never heard anything further. Very poor follow through. I guess I should be glad that I found that out before we were locked in. Will look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate the nice comments regarding the hotel's facility. I would like to address the contract with you.

Our contracts are pretty standard and primarily address the function space and revenue you are committing to and they do require a deposit. This allows the hotel to confirm your event/space and take it out of our inventory. Once the contract is signed, Bill would schedule a tasting at the hotel and when you chose your menu, a Banquet Event Order would be prepared for your signature, outlining every little detail including a diagram, set-up, food and beverage items, etc.

We apologize for the confusion. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will give us another try in the future. The Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport was awarded the Quality Excellence Award and Turning Point Award from Intercontinental Hotel Group for 2011. These awards are based on guest comments and their satisfaction with our property.
We wish you all the best on your upcoming event.

Mark Kane, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!