“every year bowling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Jacksonville

You added Motel 6 Jacksonville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Jacksonville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   812 Dunn Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Jacksonville Airport North)   |
Ranked #82 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
hope mills north carolina, United States
“every year bowling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

love my stay at these hotel in reno because they are the best this is a yearly thing for us or going on cruises with the family ,,, out of Jacksonville Fl ,,,,but the hotel were not as clean as the one we stayed at i have stayed at the Hampton inns and suits in Miami Fl and this one was the best will stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've NEVER been at an LQ where they lie, cheat and steal from you but this is that one property that makes it all crazy. First off, the breakfast was terrible. I've been to many LQ's that had eggs, waffles, etc but this one is only starchy foods, i.e. a continental breakfast. Even at that the waffle irons didn't work, etc. Next up, service. We needed an iron AND the toilet backed up. Had to wait for someone to show up (it took three calls to finally force them to call someone up). The creepy guy finally showed up and plunged the toilet and brought an iron. Again, more issues as the iron barely worked and he left us a PLUNGER!! So we would unstop the toilet on our own. Yep, believe it or not, it gets worse. We needed to be taxied to the cruise ship. Had to mark down what time we wanted to leave and when the driver shows up, he cops an attitude with EVERYONE. THEN once he drops us off, everyone has to fork over 6 dollars a head?? HUH? I called and asked if there was a shuttle. I asked when I checked in if they had a shuttle and I asked the day of what times did the shuttle come. Every time I asked they said they had one, a shuttle, they indicated that they had one but guess what? THEY DON’T HAVE A SHUTTLE, They have an agreement with a nasty taxi driver that charges six bucks one way to the airport/cruise port. I have a three yr old and she sat in my lap and guess what? SIX Bucks. If you have four people, its 24 dollars, RIP-OFF. On the way back to the hotel after my cruise, it gets worse. We are standing in the rain and the taxi driver is on his cell phone ignoring us while we have to hand him our luggage. Finally a about five minutes later, he tries to stall for more passengers as he explains that he has to pay ten dollars everytime he picks up people and he wants as much profit as possible. THEN he goes into a tirade about how he could be taxing people around for more money because of a Florida/Georgia game. Since he didn’t want to be there, he tells a couple that it will be 50 dollars a head to take them to the airport because he wants to get out ASAP to make more money at the football game. Classless. I ask the hotel manager at LQ to explain why they lied about having a shuttle and why I wasn’t informed about “expenses” of using that taxi. She then proceeds to tell me that the shuttle is SIX dollars a head, after I’ve already paid for the taxi to the port and back. I’m done with LQ.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hotel was clean but rugs were very dirty and couldn't walk around in bare feet. Otherwise the hotel was OK. Staff friendly. Location didn't seem very safe. Will not stay there again. I have stayed at other La Quintas and they were fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My definition of a good hotel or motel is whether it's a great value and if I got a good value.
I stayed in this property for a night before I spent the rest of my time in Jacksonville with a friend. The location is very near the airport and about 15-20 minutes away from downtown, where all the fun is. If you're just passing through town, only staying one night, or are on a tight budget, you could do worse. Since I typically only use most of my hotel/motel stays for showering and sleeping, this was adequate. The shower drained extremely slowly, and the place showed its age, but since most of the day I was not actually IN the hotel, I can't complain. It was cheap, affordable, within my budget, and didn't cause me any problems sleep-wise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

There is only one thing positive about this hotel, it's cheap. The desk clerk wasn't friendly, she was almost rude. The room was ok, I saw a roach on the wall when I entered, but, this is Florida (didn't tell my wife).The bathroom was fine, the beds need to be replaced, they sag and have no support. You feel really secure when you notice all the chips in the paint on the door frame next to the lock and security latch. TV was new and big. "Breakfast" was toast or plain bagel, juice, cold cereal (2 choices), coffee, or a waffle. I've stayed at other La Quinta hotels that have a decent breakfast, I wonder why this place even bothers to put this out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our room smelt awful, there were wet spots on the carpet, the mirror in the room was chipped to hell and back. Our fan in the bathroom sounded like we were about to blast off in to outer space. Not to mention its in a Shady area of town and to get to decent food areas to eat you have to get back on 95 and go somewhere. Breakfast wasn't too great either, there wasn't a lot to choose from and the one apple that was left tasted like it was made out of cardboard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Jacksonville? Share your experiences!