“The wedding cake is the most delicious dessert I've ever tasted!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The French Pantry

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Fort Myers, Florida
“The wedding cake is the most delicious dessert I've ever tasted!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I was in Jacksonville for a short stay and of course used tripadvisor. This place deserves to be number 1! We had the chicken panini with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella which was so tasty!!! The fresh bread and olive oil dip is addicting, by far the best dip I've ever tasted. We had the wedding cake and napolian for dessert and were amazed by both. Be prepared to wait in line but believe me it is worth it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Worth the trip - great lunch place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is in a warehouse district, and is easy to drive by, so keep a sharp lookout for the awning with the business name on it. Nothing fancy about it, but once inside you will be overwhelmed by the choices. Stuck with the french dip sandwich. Excellent. While there I saw some great looking salads come out. And the pastries........ to die for. Expect a wait, but it is worth it. Highly recommend

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Everything has been Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It is really a treat to eat at French Pantry. Most of the time you'll walk up and there's a line out the door because the restaurant isn't that big, but it is DEFINITELY worth the wait. I really love the Parisian French Dip, Prosciutto Bruschetta and the Bang Bang Shrimp Bruschetta. They are all TO DIE FOR. Their desserts are another thing! The chocolate cake with the strawberry sauce and the fruit tart are my favorites. The bread they serve you with oil at the beginning of your meal is always hot and fresh. We always buy some bread to go before leaving to enjoy at home. I wish there were more locations!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best in Jax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This must be the best place in Jax well made food, the only down side is the line and wait.. The food is fresh and the bakery is outstanding.. The service is fast and friendly... I will be back often.....

Visited June 2013
Rockville Maryland
“French with American Ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had one night in J'ville and a well-traveled friend in D.C. more or less ordered me to go to this out of the way restaurant. The taxi driver took me on a guided tour of the neighborhood before dropping me off and refused to take any fare! I lived in France for several years and can truthfully say that the food I ate and the (French) wine I drank took me back to France. I had an outside table to myself (no great view, just the car park). Check out their website for a sample menu.

• Visited May 2013