“Another Nice Marriott Property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #41 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fenton, Illinois
“Another Nice Marriott Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We do love staying at Marriott's and this was another good one. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful and I like that. Took their recommendation for our evening meal and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: We like a high floor or the top to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ssjaxairportgm, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I am glad that you had a grey experience at our hotel. We strive to meet your expectations an I am glad that we did. We do hope you come bak and stay with us when you return to Jacksonville. We can not wait to see you and your family again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here in October for one night pre-cruise. Nice hotel. My kids tried the pool very briefly, the water seemed icy. I just thought it be warmer since it was FL, lol! We had the 2 standards bed room. Nice sitting area and desk area. Only 1 TV that swivels to either the beds or the sitting area. Breakfast was good. You could make your own waffles, then there was also eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc.

Transfers to ship: we didn't use the transfers to the ship, but some of the people we were with did. It's $20 per person for round trip, then you can leave your car at the hotel if you have one for the duration of the cruise. There was no real order to the transfers or who went first. It was really a pretty big mess.

• Stayed October 2013
ssjaxairportgm, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I want to thank you for stay with us before your cruise. I am glad you liked our breakfast. I want to apologize for the shuttle situation, we have moved to a different company and it is more organized. We hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Smithville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times for work at the JAX airport. The staff is very accommodating , helpful and most importantly PLEASANT ! The hotel was clean, neat and its location makes it a great place to stay if you have an early morning flight. The breakfast is buffet style always with scrambled eggs and a selection of cold cuts also for the European visitors. We arrived very early and the staff accommodated this arrival and our wish to be on a low floor. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who is looking at an airport location. The area has a Zaxby's, Ruby Tuesday's and Longhorn Steakhouse just a few hundred feet away to eat. Gas, as you would expect is high is fuel your rental car the night before anywhere but at this I95 exit.

Room Tip: Their is no restaurant or room service in this hotel so don't pat attention to the rating.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I want to thank you for staying with us when you came to Jacksovnille. We hope you stay with us again when you come back to stay in Jacksovnille.
Lafayette, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I got a great rate here that was well-worth the money. Stayed here for one night on November 23, 2013, for business travel. Front desk staff was very nice and accommodating on check-in. Room was very clean and adequate for my needs. Breakfast was very good and had plenty of selection. When traveling in this area, this will be my go-to place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ssjaxairportgm, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I want to thank you for being a loyal marriott reward member. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us on the 23rd of November. We can not wait to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville. Thank you again for staying with us
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is located minutes from the Jacksonville airport, it has free parking, and all the rooms are suites, which I loved. The room was comfortable and clean, with free wifi. The buffet breakfast was included with a lot of healthy selections. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ssjaxairportgm, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you had a great experience with us. We can not wait until we see you agian at our hotel.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We arrived for a late check-in on November 2, 2013 after a long day of flying. My husband had phoned ahead during the last day of our vacation to notify the staff that we would be arriving late, due to our return flight, and that we hoped to still be able to have a room on a high floor. Both of those details were included with our reservation information as well. Katie, the hostess, explained that she couldn't ensure it, but would try her best once we arrived. Upon our arrival, Katie was very pleasant and welcoming. Though it was late, she indicated that she had indeed been able to save a room on a high floor for us. We were appreciative to God and her because it was a busy weekend for Jacksonville with the GA vs FL game, so it could have easily been assigned to another guest.

Upon arriving in the room, all appeared well. We left to get some dinner from the nearby Zaxby's and returned to our room. As is normal for me, I began to check the bed to ensure that the linens were clean. To my surprise, there were stains on the fitted sheet! I didn't panic at that point because it looked like those could have possibly happened as the housekeeper (whose name was Janet, per the housekeeping card left in our room) smoothed her hands over the sheet to remove wrinkles. I phoned the front desk, and kindly explained the situation to Katie who was VERY sweet about it and apologized, and I asked for fresh, clean linens. Corey arrived with the clean linens, but needed to go back for pillow cases. As I began to remove the old linens from the bed, I noticed the mattress cover was stained!!!! OMG - here comes panic mode. I called the front desk again and kindly asked Katie if she would be able to catch Corey before he returned to our room and ask him to also bring a fresh, clean mattress cover. I didn't want him to have to make an additional trip, but I needed that clean mattress cover also. I removed the mattress cover and ... wait for it ... the mattress had spots in the same location as the mattress cover (near the head of the bed as if someone may have had a nose bleed or something)!!! OMG -- what should we do. How could one make a bed and present it as clean, knowing what lies beneath the sheets!! REALLY?!?! I sprayed the area with my Lysol and decided that maybe if we flip the mattress, we could at least make it through that night. We were only there for one night. Lord, please help us make it through one night. I was SO tired from the long travel day.

When Corey returned, he didn't have the mattress pad, but he was SO amicable and willing to go back and get a clean one. When he returned the final time, he asked how he could help. I had hoped he would change the linens, but didn't think he was going to; however, I was pleasantly surprised. I asked him to flip the mattress and he did, which was sparkling clean on the other side and put the stains at the extreme foot of the bed. He, then, proceeded to help me re-make the bed with the clean linens while carrying on a pleasant conversation and friendly rivalry about the FSU vs. Miami game with my husband and me. He was a doll! He really should be commended for all of his help with SUCH a friendly, "no worries" type of disposition. Says Corey, "No problem...as long as you're comfortable!" That was a breath of fresh air. He said he doesn't normally change linens, but that we were so nice, he wanted to help us get it all straightened out. He's a jewel!

The complimentary morning breakfast was welcomed. We thought the breakfast time would be later on the weekend, so we didn't go downstairs until almost 10AM. The hostess explained that she was about to close the breakfast bar, so please get as much as you like during the first visit. That was very nice of her, and she didn't act disgusted or disgruntled because we had wandered in late. A couple of others came after us and she was just the same. The breakfast was suitable: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, self-made belgium waffles, assorted pastries, oatmeal, bread, cereals, milk, water and juices. The breakfast area was fairly tidy and quite modern. I appreciate the division between the breakfast bar and the eating area.

Check-out was a breeze. I asked Alissa for a comment card and she located one for me and asked about our stay. I explained the situation to her and she was very apologetic as well. I completed the comment card and returned it to her. The only thing that would have made that better is if we had been offered some type of compensation for the fact that we had to even encounter such a situation. I hope there is never, EVER a next time, but if so, hopefully, I'll remember to ask for some type of discount.

Anyway, while driving home, I realized that I had entered the wrong dates on the comment card and called back to ask Alissa to adjust them as I wanted to make sure that everyone who deserved their accolades would receive them and that the housekeeper who had not properly completed her duties would be reprimanded and re-trained. Alissa remembered me and gladly agreed to make the update.

I would have given the hotel a rating of TERRIBLE, but in light of the other wonder people at the hotel, I just couldn't do it. You'll see my ratings for them below. I can't say that all rooms were like ours, but I strongly urge you to thoroughly check your room before agreeing to it, just in case you need to just switch rooms entirely.

Room Tip: Check your linens and the overall cleanliness of your room before settling in for the evening.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We loved this place as soon as we walked in. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I just loved the colors through out the lobby/breakfast area. Our suite was nice and roomy, plenty of space for us. Beds were comfy got the best nights sleep in awhile. Went down for breakfast the next morning and it was a nice surprise, fresh fruit, sweet breads not the normal breakfast at other hotels we've stayed at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Jacksonville. I am glad you had a great experience with us. I am glad you loved our breakfast. We hope you stay with again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Been to SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!