“Fine for a night, but not as good as expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #38 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
USA
“Fine for a night, but not as good as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here recently for a night prior to an early flight. One of the reasons I stayed was because of the good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Let me start by saying the service was excellent. Front desk staff were great every step of the way.

The rooms were fine, very typical of what you would expect if you stay at this chain with any frequency, but a little worn and dated. The furniture in my room was a little askew, not a big deal but should be paid attention to by housekeeping in my opinion.

The bathroom was not as clean as I like them to be. There was a drip of something on the toilet seat that I went ahead and cleaned off myself with a clorox wipe before using it. The wet bar area was in better shape regarding cleanliness.

The elevators were very slow. There were two, and they were both that way.

The walls were rather thin. Might be okay for you heavy sleepers but didn't work very well for me.

On the upside, everything IN the room worked great. Bed was very comfortable, nice selection of pillows, iron was clean, plenty of hot water for shower in the morning. Internet worked well too. And its nice that all of the rooms have a microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped at the SpringHill Suites JAX Airport while heading back north on I-95 from our Florida vacation. Checked in late, got a good rate and the front desk staff was very helpful in getting us settled. Parking was plentiful, the morning breakfast buffet was very good and the hotel did not appear to be too crowded. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Having the suite set up with the pull out couch works very well when traveling with family. Hotel looked like relatively new construction and everything was working order.

Only issues of concern: 1. Walls do appear to be thin, we did have some TV and talking noise from next door that we could hear. 2. The hotel is set back off of the main road and does not have a big sign to direct you to it, we drove by the hotel 2 times before we figured out how to access the service road.

Overall, a good overnight stay, a new stopping place for us on our annual driving trips to South Florida....a winner in JAX!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice hotel is clean, well maintained and close to the Airport. They offer the standard traveler’s breakfast that includes “make your own” waffles, some type of egg entrée, bacon, cereal, breadstuff such as muffins, bagels and toast, orange juice, coffee and fresh fruit. The front desk staff are pleasant and accommodating.
WARNING: The address is 13550 Airport Court and it is not on any map or GPS. My GPS sent me 25 minutes away to the land of the doublewide. It is a small street off Airport Road heading east and between Ranch Road and International Airport Blvd. This street is 8 years old and it is still not listed anywhere. ALSO, there is another Springhill Suites Marriott Hotel in a different part of Jacksonville. Save yourself a huge hassle and make sure you have the right hotel.
The Mill House Steakhouse is across the street at 1341 Airport Road. (This is a very good reasonably priced steakhouse. Be sure to try the Shrimp and Grits appetizer. Steaks are Prime and dry aged. Excellent.)

Room Tip: Traveled with other in my group staying at the same hotel. All the room I witnessed were in top sha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overall, the hotel was good, but long black hairs on the bathroom floor (room 416 night of 2/25 for hotel info), can do a number on your psyche - what I am not seeing in the non-tiles areas (as a bald guy, I know the hairs weren't mine)? And, then in the morning, when I went to take my shower, I found an old damp washcloth on the shower curtain rod. Aimed for the hairs on the floor as I threw it with my thumb and forefinger.

It was probably housekeeping being a little lazy which you don't want, but, even so, I'd probably stay there one more time to see if it improves.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ssjaxairportgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your last night with us. This is not the image that we wish to portray and is unacceptable. We have taken steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in the future. We regret your misfortune and hope that your stay with us was otherwise most enjoyable.
We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Jacksonville.Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Melissa Duncan
Oak Ridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here 1 night heading south for a Florida vacation. The hotel desk people were quite helpful when asked for the location of a pizza restaurant and a car wash to get the road grime off our car. This was pretty much the standard SpringHill suite and was what we expected to find. Unfortunately, the A/C unit was quite noisy as it cycled on and off with an emphatic thump disturbing our sleep. If we were staying longer I would have asked for another room or have the maintenance staff look at the A/C unit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family really loved this hotel. We checked out yesterday. Some of our group had recently stayed at a hotel near this one and said this hotel was so much nicer for just a little more money. There are so many restaurants and stores nearby, from Walmart to Ulta. If you need anything, the shopping plaza is less than 5 minutes away. The room was spacious and the free breakfast was pretty good. There was sausage, eggs, yogurt, muffins, bagels, juice, oatmeal, diy grits and waffles. The free wifi worked flawlessly. We needed to go between Jacksonville and Fernandina Beach for family, this was a great middle point. Will definitely stay here again. There are only a few small negatives about our stay. The lady setting up the breakfast was rude, the ac in the room was excessively loud, and some of the lights in our room did not work. Other than that it was a great stay. Did not have time to check out the pool or fitness room. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Conneaut Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here Jan 27th pre cruise. What a nice hotel!!! I kind of wished we had a little longer to just relaz and enjoy the room! Hoping they keep up the hotel beacause I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!