“Nice Hotel. Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #50 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel. Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family really loved this hotel. We checked out yesterday. Some of our group had recently stayed at a hotel near this one and said this hotel was so much nicer for just a little more money. There are so many restaurants and stores nearby, from Walmart to Ulta. If you need anything, the shopping plaza is less than 5 minutes away. The room was spacious and the free breakfast was pretty good. There was sausage, eggs, yogurt, muffins, bagels, juice, oatmeal, diy grits and waffles. The free wifi worked flawlessly. We needed to go between Jacksonville and Fernandina Beach for family, this was a great middle point. Will definitely stay here again. There are only a few small negatives about our stay. The lady setting up the breakfast was rude, the ac in the room was excessively loud, and some of the lights in our room did not work. Other than that it was a great stay. Did not have time to check out the pool or fitness room. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Conneaut Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here Jan 27th pre cruise. What a nice hotel!!! I kind of wished we had a little longer to just relaz and enjoy the room! Hoping they keep up the hotel beacause I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ddaem
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 12/24/12. Hotel was clean. Staff was efficient/courteous @ check-in.

My only complaint is that I left my IPod on the counter and it was never turned into the hotels lost and found. I realized I left it only two hours after we checked out. I called the hotel and was told it hadn't been found when the room was cleaned. I requested they look because it was in the back corner of the coffee counter and it's easy to miss. The staff wasn't too receptive. I called back one time for the next two days but I was told it was never turned in :(

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ssjaxairportgm, Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your concern and feedback regarding your stay with us and lost item. Anytime an item is found in a guest room the staff turn it in to lost and found where it is logged and stored in a safe place. Our staff are well trained on these procedures to ensure that all items are turned in, however we are not responsible for items left in the room. I am very sorry that your item was not found by the manager who searched the room.

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We appreciate all customer feedback.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The price was incredibly reasonable here. It was located near shopping and restaurants. It is a clean hotel with nice rooms that are comfortable. I was at the end of a long day of driving and it was a welcome sight. While it was not a destination, it was a great place to rest for the night.

Paonia, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were in JAX for the Gator Bowl, and had booked four nights at the airport Springhill Suites due to a late flight in and an early flight out. We are gold level Marriott customers and have had great experiences at a lot of Marriotts. Three nights went very well with quiet nights, good breakfasts, and the wonderful Marriott bed.

We had to be at the airport at 5 a. m. so we retired early on the 4th night. Next to us was a person playing LOUD rap music. We have NEVER experienced this type of noise at a Marriott property. Not being able to sleep we called the front desk and they said they would contact the adjoining room - which they didn't as the music (using the term loosely) continued. We contacted them again - also to NO avail. Finally we made up the sofa bed which was farther away from the wall in order to grab a couple hours sleep.

Note - this is NOT our typical Marriott experience. However, it was a bad one - the worst night ever in a Marriott. And I am surprised the night staff did nothing about it.

Overall, this is a nice property with a great breakfast hostess! It is also conveniently located to the interstate and the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your last night with us. Anytime we receive a noise complaint we try to quiet the other party to the best of our ability however sometimes this does not work. I am very sorry that this was your experience during your last night and we were unable to get the other guests to quiet down. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel for one night before our cruise from Jaxport. Nice hotel, interior lobby and room were nice and clean. Paid $20 per person round trip for shuttle service to and from hotel while we kept car there. Breakfast was chaotic and we couldn't find room so took some food back to the room to eat. Good area with a lot of hotels, try Millhouse Restauraunt which is just across the street, $1.99 drinks every day!!!!!

Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
X
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here Christmas Eve while traveling. Chose this property out of many because of the fantastic stay at the Altamonte, Fl property this property is nice, but not as fresh and upscale. In fact, I had to ask for lotion at the front desk, which was behind the counter in a bin. I was given one. Strange place to keep a simple thing like lotion, which should be in the room, so this tells me a lot about their opinion of their guests. I found them saving costs at breakfast as well. I was expecting the bountiful and diverse breakfast menu that I had in Florida. I could not believe that it appears they put instant oatmeal in a crock pot to pass it off as whole oatmeal. When properties cut corners like this, I wonder where else they are cutting corners that may jeopardize my health and safety. The rooms were clean and spacious, and comfortable. Furnishings were only average. Staff were attentive enough, but not above average. Parking was convenient and if needed, the property is convenient to the airport. This would be a fine stay over for airport travel but not for leisurely travel. The cost was very reasonable, so if in the area I would stay again.

Room Tip: Room near the elevator was nice and convenient.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!