“Tasty” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner
Jacksonville, Florida
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Decided to try Picasso's for dinner on a Friday night-they do have call ahead seating f.y.i We ordered the toasted ravioli, stuffed mushrooms, "da cheeseburger", "the gift", and "the hawaiian-luau style" both pizzas were ordered St. Louis style. Everything we had was delicious. Both pizzas were excellent I would highly recommend ordering both of these and the cheeseburger was really tasty, the fries were hand cut! Not only was the food great but our server Brad was really good too-very attentive, polite and funny! We will definitely be back to Picasso's even though it is kind of a drive from our house.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jacksonville
“A great local restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time eating at Picasso's and it was excellent for several reasons. The menu selections were creative and varied. Almost everything on the menu looked great and I can't wait to go back and try something else. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual with a variety of patrons from older groups to 20 something's on a date. My wife and I enjoyed cold beer and cheesey bread as an appetizer. My wife had the gumbo which had the real creole brown sauce and I had the ultimate ham and cheese. It was great. The portions were ample but not unreasonably large. Although there are some negative comments on TA I found this to be a great spot and I will definitely return!

“Wonderful option tucked away in Mandarin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Lunch is order at the cashier station, seat yourself and dig in! Love, love love the eggplant stack ... And the hamburger was such a fresh, old-fashoned offering!!!
My parents returned for dinner and reported an excellent experience! Reportedly the best chicken parmesean they ever had!

“Simply Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner there with my hubby last night. Spinach salad was excellent with a pleasant mix of strawberries, green apples, bacon, red onions and goat cheese. Followed by a pizza with artichokes, shallots and fresh basil. A true foodies dream!

Saint Augustine, Florida
“One of the few really good restaurants in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

During a dinner at another restaurant in the Jacksonville area. We were complaining about the food and service and the folks at the next table suggested Picasso's and said we wouldn't be disappointed and they were right. Hubby and I have been here several times and have decided this would be the place to take guests from out of town. In a city where chain restaurants and bad BBQ is the norm, this is a breath of fresh air.

On our last visit, hubby had Chicken Parmesan with angel hair pasta. He was very impressed and loved the homemade angel hair. I had the gnocchi with pork tenerloin ragout. I have only one work - outstanding!! It's hard to get homemade gnocchi to taste light and fluffy - and these were little tasty clouds! Bravo to the chef. We will definitely be back to Picasso's because the food is wonderful and the staff is friendly and gracious.

We thought the prices were reasonable considering this is not a chain. If there is a downside, I'd say the desserts weren't my cup of tea but then I'm not big on sweets. I did get a slice of Coconut cake to take home - although it was good, it wasn't great. Same goes for hubby's bread pudding - of which he is a connoisseur. That said, I still give this restaurant 5 stars. I could really care less about dessert.

• Visited December 2012