“Drive Past This Place Quickly!!! Do Not Even Consider!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacksonville
Red Carpet Inn
You added Red Carpet Inn to your Saves list
5331 W University Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32218   |
Ranked #102 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lancaster PA
“Drive Past This Place Quickly!!! Do Not Even Consider!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

Stayed here for two weeks because of a job in the area- NEVER AGAIN!!! I'll lose my job first. The place was a dirty, scary, dangerous place to be in. There was old dried food someone had spilled in the refrigerator that looked like it'd been there since the place first opened; the air conditioner didn't work right half the time, the drug dealers and prostitutes ran all over the place-day and night-the maitenence man made crude remarks to some of the ladies staying there, and he was bigoted to boot; the pool, such as it was, wasn't open half the time or more, the carpet was smelly, the sheets were old, torn in a few places and had stains on them-. The ONLY good thing about the place was the fact that the police were there almost every single night about one thing or another- the ONLY time I felt safe. Do yourself a favor- DO NOT< I repeat, DO NOT STAY THERE!!!! Just keep on driving. In fact, bypass the city altogether if you can.

Stayed February 2007

Families
Couples
Solo
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

Where should I start!! The place was infested with hookers and drug dealers. We had to barricade the door with our amps just incase one of the drug dealers wanted to storm our room. Speaking of the room, it was disgusting; I think i am going to get a tetanus shot. The bathroom was like something you would see in the Saw movies and the carpet was disgusting. The AC smelled like damp clothes and I do not think the filter was ever changed. This place needs to be leveled ASAP!!

• Liked — the check out
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Fairfield Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2007

A crackhead looking for a place to light up would find this place unsuitable. If you survive a night here you deserve a purple heart. I stayed here during the SB between the Eagles and Patriots and was so terrified I couldn't take it and had to leave.

Stayed January 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

My company (which was in Chap. 11 bankruptcy at the time) booked me in here for an extended stay. Very dumpy, small rooms, not the cleanest place. Odd smells coming from the lobby. Worst part is that I was stuck with humongous phone charges that were added to my bill for calls I did not even make. I complained at the desk, they said that they could do nothing but I could call their home office and get the calls credited back to my visa card. People at the desk were smiling and very pleasant as they were lying through their teeth to me. Of course, despite many efforts, they never actually refunded my money. Not the best part of town. As a young single guy I made do, but would not ever bring a family here!

• Stayed August 2002, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

My stay at this hotel was the scariest experience of my life. My friends and I were staying here for the FL GA game and were excited about the location, until we actually got there. It was miserable. There were roaches, it smelled funny, there is a strip club in front of the hotel so who knows what kind of people frequent the hotel. Our taxi driver who picked us up the first night said "you girls better be careful in this part of town, you really shouldn't be here". When we got back that night there were police in front of our hotel because of something going on at the strip club in front of hotel. Need I say more! Very scary, very dirty, nothing redeeming about this place! Any place is better than this place, DON'T
STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2004

We where on tour with a Belgian rockband in the US in 1996. And although I stayed in hundreds of hotels this one I will never forget.
The carpet was wet, there where animals all over the walls and shower.
The vending machines didn't work and so on... It was so bad two of us went sick staying there. I can assure you I have seen some dirty places in the world but this one is yhe absolute top in filthyness.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2003

This hotel was so filthy and in a such a terrible, scary location that even 2 local police officers told me I should not stay here. I immediately checked out. I had reserved the room for 2 nights, and even though I didn't spend the night, the clerk wouldn't cancel the reservation and charged me for both nights. I strongly do not recommend this hotel. 11/2/03

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!