“The worst hotel in the worst neighborhood - do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of EconoLodge

You added EconoLodge to your Saves list
EconoLodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5624 Cagle Road, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Formerly Ramada Inn South Point - Jacksonville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #67 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
South Carolina
“The worst hotel in the worst neighborhood - do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I was in the hotel a little over an hour total - just long enough to find another place to stay after returning from my conference meetings. Dirty, smelly room, something (fleas, bedbugs, chiggers?) bit my ankles and shins, the neighborhood was SCARY complete with hookers on the corner, sketchy guys in the parking lot - it's a total disgrace to the Ramada chain. I am writing Wyndham to complain about the recommendation, and Ramada about having this literal fleabag dump of a hotel as one of their own! I travel for work and school, and I'm usually not picky about where I stay, but this place was the close to the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't wish this place on anyone, it's the pits. I was able to get a full refund, but it was a complete waste of my time and energy and not worth yours.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Unsanitary conditions. The room was not clean at all. The linens on the bed didn't even appear to be washed and the bathroom was dirty. The tub had black grime on the bottom. When we complained to the manager, he didn't offer any help whatsoever and would not change our room. Also, he was really rude when we said we wanted to check out. We checked out early. Terrible hotel and rude management! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND! HORRIBLE!

Also the neighborhood is terrible. We felt like we may be robeed or assaulted if we stayed the night. We have young children and were really scared.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
RamadaSouthMgmt, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
I am sorry to see this kind of a review. You had stayed in the room for more than three hours and then you wanted to check out and get a refund. You did not complain about the condition of the room and you did not give us an opportunity to offer you another room. We spoke with you and still offered to refund you provided you gave us a proof of stay at any other hotel in Jacksonville for the same night and under same name, which you could not as you had already travelled to Charlotte NC after staying at our hotel for three hours.
It looks as if you have used us only as a stopover on your travel. We work very hard to make each and every guests stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
north georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The service was excellent, the room large and comfortable.As for the location, it was perfect,just off I95.Just stopping overnite and continuing the trip the next day.Resturants were plentiful in the area.The next morning"s complementary breakfast I liked the best,more choices to chose from.,and serviced well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

There seemed to be some confusion over whether the pool area was open or not. When we checked in, I asked to use the pool. The clerk said the pool was closed that evening. I asked if it would be open the next morning. The clerk made a phone call, and told us the pool would be open the next morning. The next morning the pool was still closed.

An hour after we checked in, we had the a/c on the coldest setting, and the room was still very hot. My husband called the front desk, told the clerk the room was still hot, and asked if we could switch rooms. The clerk refused to switch rooms, and sent someone to check on the a/c. The guy who checked the a/c said it was cold and working fine. We asked him if that was the coolest it could run. He said yes.
My husband and I debated on whether we should leave or not. We decided to stay. Unfortunately, the room stayed very hot while I tried to get dressed for our evening out. The room was still hot when we left, approximately 3 hours after checking in.
The room did finally cool down while we were out.
What really bothered me was the way we were treated when we complained about the room being hot. There were plenty of other rooms available for us to move.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
bigG78
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I was recently recruiting the Jacksonville area for a state university and had the opportunity to stay at this hotel. I was very please with this hotel in every way. I normally stay at the five star hotels during the season with the team however being by myself and stretching the recruiting budget, I try to find some place reasonable, safe and clean. I can truly say I was comfortable and felt safe on the property. I don't say this just to give brownie points to places of business. If I had a complaint it would be the pillows, they're to flat and not plush! Other than that, I would recommend this place in a New York minute without the price tag... The people at the front desk are awesome to work with and that's normally not the case at some places. I don't know how this place was in the past but someone turned this place around from what I read earlier and this is no lie. I will be back for the Football Jamborees next week and I will stay at this Ramada South.

Grace and Peace
Coach

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

On our recent visit to Jacksonville, we choose the Ramada South Inn off I-95 and were very satified with our clean room, the complimentery breakfast and the friendliness of all the personnel we met, at this location. On our next visit to Jacksonville, it will be the Ramada South, for us.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

I have been to many different Ramada's in different cities. This hotel was the worst. I was charged an additional fee for refrigerator/microwave, (which is standard at the super 8 a few blocks away & was not stated on the online description). The staff tried to charge me additional fees when my son ate breakfast (after the manager verified he was on the reservation, I was given a lame apology). I had to fight with maid service to get shampoo & clean towels. The Ramada, is usually a decent hotel, but this falls short. There are many cheaper hotels in this area, that offer better quality & service. I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!