“Looks great from 30' away” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #92 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Looks great from 30' away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The lobby area and restaurant are very attractive. The room looks good from 30' away but when you get up close you see all the problems. The window looked like it hadn't been washed in two years. The duvet cover was ripped all down one side. Really? Housekeeping just put it on anyway instead of saying, "Hmm, maybe we'd better replace this one." The bathroom had been updated but was very small. No coffeepot in room, no little fridge, just a king size bed and that's about it. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and it's literally right across the river from Everbank Field so it's easy to take a taxi or shuttle to the stadium if that's where you're headed. We spent very little time in the room so I wasn't terribly bothered by the issues but my husband will never agree to stay there again. The food in the restaurant was fantastic though!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I actually had a lot of issues when I went to book, but the Mgr took care of me very well. When I checked in, I was a little dismayed at the hotel.. kind've thought it would have been nicer, however, every single staff member was absolutely wonderful! Everyone greeted me, said hello, & asked if they could assist me. I was VERY delightfully surprised at the customer service! Would definitely go back for the service if nothing else!

Mgr: Rebecca
Front Desk: Travis & Bodhi
Café Staff/Servers:

Everyone gets a 10/10 excellent!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was vey surprised that this hotel is a Wyndham property. My friends are I were excited to be staying at a Wyndham because we have before in other cities and have always been satisfied but this property does not meet the standards of other Wyndham properties. The atmosphere all around was outdated, dingy, and dusty. You can visibly see the black dust on the open air vents in the lobby (which was rather concerning for my allergies) and the overall feel just didn't make you feel comfortable. The room we had was very small. The walls had cracks along the perimeter; un updated paint job here would be nice. The carpet felt dingy but at least the beds were clean. The bathroom is TINY - when you open the door, the toilet is about an inch away and the tub another inch away; I had to stand behind the bathroom door just to close it. The best part was the extremely clogged tub .. and we were told nothing could be done about it until 6am the next day - so we literally had to shower in standing water (gross). The bathroom floor was also dingy and dirty looking. We had to call the front desk multiple times just to get someone to pick up and when we asked for more sheets and towels to be delivered to our rooms, it took about 45 minutes. To top it off.. my friends and I all woke up with several bug bites the next morning. It wasn't bed bugs - but it was definitely something.

The one good thing I have to say is that the front desk staff was very nice and welcoming. Although the hotel charged me the wrong rate from what I was promised when I booked and reserved my room, the staff helped me resolve the issue and ended up charging me the correct rate.

Unfortunately, while the bar staff was also nice - they didn't know what they were doing. There were staff members taking food orders before the kitchen was open so nobody was making any food but there were people waiting for it. It took me ten minutes just to order one simple scotch on the rocks but there wasn't anymore than 8 people at the bar ... with THREE bar staff working. The bar staff seemed occupied and were not attentive to their guests. After they'd take an order, they would pace around behind the bar discussing another issue with the staff. I understand that they may be trying to multitask but sadly, they were terrible at it. The "bartender" who took my order, had ice overflowing in my glass (I ordered on the rocks). I had to ask her to take 2/3 amount of the ice out so that I wouldn't end up with water and a side of scotch. At that point, I decided to close out instead of leaving open a tab and it took about 5 minutes just to check me out, which may not seem like a very long wait but when no one else at the bar was ordering anything, it should take less than a minute. I may be over critical but I also used to be a bartender. My personal advice here is to hire proper staff pertaining to the skills they need to utilize while on the job or at the very least, an efficient staff.

Overall, I did not enjoy my stay here and would not recommend this hotel property. This property needs a heavy renovation if it stands behind the Wyndham name.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. This property does NOT meet Wyndham standards.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

stayed at the Wyndham in downtown and had a very nice time. Check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. I had dinner in the restaurant and had Steven as my server. He was very friendly and attentive. That night I slept great in the very comfortable bed. We had breakfast the next morning and had a great experience. The food was very good. The chef even came to our table and made sure everything was ok. Overall my stay was great. Thanks to all the staff at the Wyndham. I will definitely be back soon!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

First, let me say that the staff was friendly and accommodating . Now, the truth of the overall hotel. Stained comforter, musty smell, phone didn't work, and (gasp) the coffee maker didn't work. We were scheduled to stay for two nights but decided to drive home the second night instead of stay there. Won't be back again unless there are major renovations.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aiken
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here June 6-8 because of an AAU basketball tournament that listed this hotel as a recommendation.
When we first checked in we were given a room that was musty and mildew smelling, the floor was sopping wet, and the AC was pouring water. I tried calling the front desk, but the phone just rang. We went back downstairs and were assigned another room. It smelled better, but the bathroom was tiny, the iron was broken, and the ceiling, flooring, and windows were hideous. We went downstairs to have some drinks and the bar area smelled like old dirty mop water. Needless to say, we had bottled beer and no liquor drinks.
We expected a Wyndham property, but this should not carry the Wyndham name. I will never stay here again. I read the reviews before going and I called with my concerns. I was assured that we would be placed in the best rooms. Epic fail: I guess those rooms don't exist.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating given what they had to work with, but this place is a dump.
I would not recommend it to my worst enemy, yes it is that bad.
I'm very disappointed that the Wyndham name is attached to this property, you must do better.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk? Share your experiences!