“Rooms were clean just definitely needs a remodel. Molding...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #89 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I travel a lot, part work part pleasure. There is a trend going with Wyndham properties. They are not up to standard. The rooms are partially renovated. But they are all visibly unclean and un healthy looking. I have stayed in 3 in as many as 4 weeks and they were all nasty in some way. This room in Jacksonville had signs of liquid splashed on the walls. The bathroom door had something splashed on it also, the vents are visibly clogged and the beds are broken in , way to much to continue to use. Complete the renovations and make your property competitive with Marriott and Hilton!!!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed one night for business. This is the second time in the past 2 yrs and my last. This place is far from Wyndham quality and we were so disappointed. It is ugly, dirty old carpet, walls, halls, hole in floor where vending machine was supposed to be (4th floor). The expensive food was GROSS! We paid $66 for 2 drinks, chicken piccata (what a joke!) and seafood platter which was disgusting! It wS cold and sent back for a warm plate. The boy brought it back in a styrofoam take out box, smiling said "the real plate wouldn't fit in the microwave! After I made reservations a week ahead, they were overbooked and didn't have our king bed. Got two doubles, but gave us two free breakfasts, which used to be buffets. Now we had to order and wait over 30 minutes. Many of our colleagues going to our event couldn't eat because they expected a buffet. They are rated very low rank on tripadvisor. Read the reviews too. There seems to have been several incidents of breached security on May 5 and 6, 2014, we took all our stuff with us to our class for fear of another incident with our room. Needless to say, never again!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel instead.
Dothan, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We arrived on May 1st for our stay at the Wyndham Riverwalk, that particular day it was pouring rain, our bus driver pulled under the awning to unload our travelers 40 Senior Citizens). The valets immediately told us to pull out from the awning and unload in the rain. They were extremely rude, they did not want us to mess up any of their valet customers for the 15 minutes it would have taken to unload our travelers.

We arrived at 4:15 PM I called to let the hotel know we were on our way before we left St. Augustine ( giving them a 45 minute heads up). The front desk did have the room keys ready with names and numbers for easy hand out. We had one room that the bed was not made and the room had not yet been cleaned. We also had 3 rooms that did not match the list of room numbers that was provided( two had the same room number), making it hard to help our travelers with their luggage. Also on each floor there is one whole wing that the room numbers are not displayed on the wall leading to the hallway, another delay.

Our room 434 had a two inch gap in the bottom half of the door making it easy to see in.

I had three travelers complain about their room not being clean. Our business is built on the service we provide and the quality of our trips. Wyndham Riverwalk was an embarrassment for us.

Of course we went to the front desk to let the manager Kenneth know, he apologized and stated he would give us credit for a room and give us reward points for our block of rooms.

On Tuesday I checked to see if a credit had been issued to our credit card, not only had one not been issued, we had an additional charge of $50.00 and another for $131.36 (Our group had paid in full 14 days prior to arrival). I called the hotel Brody assured me that the charges should not have been made and he would handle the credit and handle the refund that Kenneth had promised. The most disturbing thing is that my credit card information is at the hotels disposal, changes can be made without my knowledge and or consent. Brody explained that one of you had uploaded it to a master account. I did not authorize any additional charges to be made, and the fact that it accidentally happened demonstrates a huge lack of professionalism for Wyndham.

Once again I contacted Kenneth about the reward points he had offered me, he gave me a number to call to get my points. The call center had me on hold for over 35 minutes while they talked with Kenneth, they came back with points for three rooms but no bonus offer of 5000 points as advertised in your hotel, and I asked to speak to supervisor, I was put on hold and never was able to talk to supervisor.

I have given a week and made multiple phone calls to the hotel (Kenneth said he had turned it over to GiGi and she had failed to follow up), I will be talking with the President of Wyndham and will take every opportunity to let people know about the service form Wyndham.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk? Share your experiences!