“Anniversary Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Gainesville, Florida
“Anniversary Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I used a Groupon deal to get away, with out kids, for a belated anniversary celebration. We had a great experience! I called ahead to confirm our reservation and when I mentioned that we were really excited about getting away for our anniversary Jasmine said that she was glad I had told her because she would upgrade us to a river view room if one was available, this never happens to us. We did get upgraded and had a room with a view plus a balcony. All of the staff from the valets, to the breakfast servers, to the front desk associates were incredibly polite, nice, and helpful. I had a question about dinner reservations and Jasmine took care of it as well as had a tray with cookies, bottled water, and a flower waiting for us in our room when we returned!
We had two concerns with our room regarding missing towels and the phone, but both issues were dealt with promptly. If breakfast had not been included in our package I don't think we would have eaten on property. While it was delicious and more than enough I felt that it was a bit pricey. Our 5th floor room was clean, water pressure was good, a/c worked great, no particular odors. My husband felt that the sheets had too much starch, i didn't think they were rough, just kind of noisy. I was glad for the balcony which had a table and two chairs as the room only had one desk chair. My husband used the fitness center and we both got in the pool.
The location is very nice and convenient. I jogged around the river walk area and over to The Landing and we both walked to The Landing and to dinner at The River City Brewing Company.
Overall we had a positive experience in large part due to the excellent staff.

Room Tip: Get a river view room if available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly D, Manager at Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for a great review! I'm so glad to hear that you were treated so well during your anniversary weekend. Jasmine is a great employee! I hope we will see you again sometime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stat the Wyndham in downtown Jacksonville. Hotel was great but, few drinks at the bar and you will never believe what happened, the server stole from me. I had a $10 order and gave her $15 cash and she billed my room for the same amount. I wont say her name it starts with a K. My advice watch your money. I know times are hard but, don't be a thief.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad that you found our hotel to be great but the issue that occurred is unacceptable and I will make sure that our food and beverage manager knows about this issue. I can assure you that this will not happen again. We hope that will have the pleasure of accommodating you in the future.
Winter Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We got a very good rate from Groupon; otherwise this would be less positive. First, there is a mandatory $12 valet parking fee, so count that into your costs. The breakfast was excellent, and everyone on the staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The common areas were clean and pleasant except the hall carpet on the 5th floor which looked old and worn. Our room was not really very nice, the a/c was weak, the windows leaked and it smelled musty. There was extensive daisy-chaining of extension cords which some people might consider a fire hazard. The bathroom was clean. If you can live with that type of stuff and like the price (including the parking fee), you might enjoy your stay here. If you have higher standards, please be advised.

Room Tip: Ask for a river-side room if a view is important.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the inconvenience. We do have valet parking only for $12 per day because unfortunately we do not own our parking lot, so we are required to charge for parking. Our hotel is in the process of renovations. Carpeting is being replaced, a/c units are being repaired and some are being replaced. We would be happy to show you the changes the next time you are in the area.
Melrose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I got the only room that looked like someone had used a crowbar to pry open the door at some point in time. They just screwed a metal plate on the side jam. I guess that would help future invasions. The shower curtain and the duvet cover were ripped. The plastic cover for the light over the bathroom sink was broken and almost falling down. I hope we got the only room in this shape. Otherwise the staff was great, as was the atmosphere. We did have a balcony with a great view. Everything was clean. I didn't need valet parking. The room service staff were wonderful. And, when we checked in they moved us to a room with a balcony :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your review. I do want to apologize for what you experienced in your first room. I am glad that we were able to upgrade you to a room with a great view and balcony. The front desk staff at our hotel is amazing and very accommodating. Next time you are in the area please let us know.
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel stay was good. The only problem was the floor in the vanity area remained wet during the entire weekend because of a leak under the sink. This was uncomfortable when walking to the bathroom fear a water fungus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Kelly D, Manager at Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. We are in the process of doing renovations. The next time you are in the area I hope we have the privilege of showing you the changes.
Clermont, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Hotel was great. the staff was fantastic The nice batender from indiana was super so friendly and helpful. When every I'm in Jacksonville this is the place I will stay from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Kelly D, Manager at Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review! We are so glad you had a wonderful stay. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Been to Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk? Share your experiences!