“Cozy and quaint” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #53 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Cozy and quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

After the January snow storm that paralyzed the Metro-Atlanta area, my husband declared: “If we get hit with another storm, we’re heading to Florida.” On Wednesday, February 12, 2014, when the ice storm arrived fast and furious, we packed our bags and drove to Jacksonville, Tampa, and then Orlando to visit family and friends until all the cold, ice, and slush had cleared.

At first, it was very difficult finding accommodations that were reasonably priced using the name your price feature on the negotiator until I clicked on express deals. I ended up booking a one-night stay at the Best Western Hotel Jtb Southpoint for $39.00 per night, and we were pleasantly surprised.

The room was compact: a comfortable full-size bed (forgot to ask for king size at check-in), a clean bathroom, cable television, a computer desk, a closet with a shelf overtop to store additional luggage, free parking, internet, and breakfast.

Breakfast was served between the hours of 6:30 – 9:30 am in the Sawgrass Room on the first floor of the hotel. The buffet included fruit, yogurt, waffles, Danishes, eggs, sausage, toast, biscuits and gravy, coffee and tea, orange, apple, and cranberry juices. Guests don’t have to worry about rations running low because there is a foodservice person there maintaining the buffet.

The hotel staff is very friendly. The hotel has easy access in, out, and around town. The only drawback to our stay is that our room was an adjoining suite, which made the walls seem a little thin. Otherwise, this was a great stay and I would highly recommend the Best Western Hotel Jtb Southpoint.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

What a great reason to travel! I can't think of a better thing to do with the Atlanta weather of late than to get away from it!

We are so pleased to know that we were able to be a part of your "snow and ice escape!" Please accept our heartfelt thanks for writing such a touching as well as detailed review of our hotel.

I hope that your travels through Florida were as pleasant as your visit with us. Our team wants every guest to have a rewarding and fond experience of our hotel. We hope that your journey home was safe and uneventful and we look very forward to having you with us in the future!

At your service...
The Associates and Management of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Minneapolis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I found a great deal on this hotel due to the 3-day weekend and was excited to get away. The rooms here are absolutely disappointing. It reeks of smoke (even though we had a smoke free hall/room) and it can be very noisy. The morning after we arrived, we realized that our shower curtain was missing and we did not have any bathroom products. The front desk did not apologize and I had to clarify that this issue would be resolved. Our room also was not cleaned in a timely manner the second night we stayed. We arrived in the evening and found it the same way we left it. The room cards would not work 70% of the time. I would never stay here again and am disappointed in the brand overall. Next time, I will pay a little more for a better quality experience. There are a few hotel brands around this hotel. I would recommend any of those over this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Brittany,

We value each guest of our hotel and want our guests to have a satisfying if not wonderful experience with us. It is for this reason that I reached out to you when you completed your online Medallia survey that we sent to you to get feedback regarding your visit. To date, I have not yet heard back from you regarding my call. I do wish that you would take just a moment to personally contact me as I do done with you to discuss your visit to our hotel. We do want you to be happy and to be a returning guest.

I did have an opportunity to review your booking and would like to address just a couple of points in your review. Your reservation was through an online booking engine as an opague booking, thus this was reserved by the booking agency as a smoking room, not non-smoking. This fact does need to be clarified. Our hotel was sold out during your visit with us and as you are a valued guest, our team worked to find a non-smoking room for you. We did have a room that had been put out of service for repair and while the repair had been done, the room was not finalized and released to the front office for rental. When you requested to change room types from your smoking room you had reserved to a non-smoking, our front office staff insured the room had been properly cleaned and sanitized by they obviously overlooked checking for amenities for you. Please accept my apologies that this was not in your room on the first night. I do know that our team did correct this problem for you the next morning when you received housekeeping service so that you did not encounter further inconvenience. In changing your room, we were not able to change the floor your reservation was located on and while your state in your review you were on a non-smoking floor, you were not. The floor you were on is the floor that is partially smoking and partially non-smoking.

Brittany, I hope that we will be able to serve you in the future and present you with an outstanding experience as we do so many of our guests. Yes, there are many hotels in our area but we know our team is dedicated to provide guests traveling to Jacksonville with a truly rewarding stay!

Yours in hospitality,
Your BEST WESTERN Associates
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great Hotel. The beds are very comfortable. It is a great location that is centrally located for me. It has easy accessibility to I-95. I feel safe here. Great value for the money. I stay here every time I am in Jacksonville. I highly recommend it. Nice breakfast. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Hattiesburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel was within 15 minute driving range of everywhere and thing I went. The beds and bedding in this hotel were up to the wonderful Best Western standards giving me exceptional rest during my stay. The room heater worked fine and I was cozy and warm all night, even when the temperature outside dropped below freezing. Thank you Best Western.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Room does not have fridge to keep beverage. It is clean and has a nice bed. The front disk are nice.i think it needs more renovations.breakfast was fine. Wifi is good .It has a nice view from the window.look for the discount if they have.You get what you paid

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mohammad,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on our hotel. I appreciate your compliments regarding our property. Our staff is dedicated to providing a clean, comfortable and rewarding experience for our guests and I am gratified to know that you recognized the efforts of our team!

We will look forward to hosting you again in the future and welcome you back to our family! We value your patronage.

Warm regards,
The Family Members of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Charlotte, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Amazing how the hotel lobby has all this brand new, trendy/modern furniture and decor and then you get to your room and it is all outdated 20 year old furniture/decor. We had a chair and ottoman that didn't even match one another. Furniture was in poor condition and needed to be updated badly. Our bathroom had mold on the ceiling and rusty hinges on an old moisture-beaten door that was peeling around the edges.

Breakfast was decent and offered hot options which was nice. Check-in took forever but checkout was quick. The staff was nice enough. I probably would look for another hotel next time I'm passing through Jacksonville b/c of what I mentioned above. I really don't even feel like I got a good deal being placed here by Priceline. Normally I don't have any complaints about where priceline or hotwire puts me, but this time I think they could have done better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Mr. Davis,

I appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to provide us with feedback on your visit to our hotel. We value input from our guests and allowing us to know if something isn't quite right. Our goal is to make for a comfortable stay for everyone who passes through our doors.

Please accept our apologies if your accommodations were not comfortable. I regret that the decor of our guest rooms was displeasing to you; I know this is a matter of personal taste but I assure you our furnishings are not of the age you described. And, I certainly concur with you that the designer's choice of two different fabrics, while of the same color and basic design, is unconventional. Regarding the maintenance matter with moisture, this has been brought to the attention of our team and this issue corrected.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss your visit with us in more detail as we would like to have you as a repeat guest. We value our guests and their comfort; when we don't live up to the expectation, we always want an opportunity to correct this experience. I also want to thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast and the service level you received from our staff members. Every guest is valued to us.

Yours in hospitality,

The Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The room was clean but smelled of bleach. After a long drive from NC I really did not want to get n the car again to find something to eat so I was disappointed that the restaurant adjacent to the hotel, Banyan's Café, is now closed and should be removed from their website.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your thoughts and insights. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable and pleasant environment for our guests traveling into Jacksonville and staying with us.

I have noted your comment regarding a "bleach smell." Being in northern Florida, a very humid part of the state, we do utilize a product called Tilex in our cleaning process to insure that our bathrooms are kept mold and mildew free for our guests. I do regret that this impacted your stay but I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and fresh. In relation to your comment regarding Bayan's. The name of the dining room has been changed to Cafe 202 but the restaurant itself is still open and available to guests of our hotel for a dining option. We will advise the third party reservation service you booked with of the need to make this update and I apprecaite you bringing it to our attention.

We hope that you will stay with us in the future and make the BEST WESTERN your home anytime when visiting the city.

Wishing you safe travels.

The Hospitality Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!