“nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #54 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I would recommend this hotel The room was nice the beds were comfortable. I got good sleep even though I was not happy with houselkeeping I would say the stay was good. it was not fancy but it was comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I had a great over night stay. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable (A huge plus), we have almost always found BW beds to be so. I am a diabetic and I always enjoy having a room with a refrigerator for my medication. The decor was modern and attractive. The hot breakfast was very good. We would recommend your hotel highly and would stay there on any future trips through the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I want to thank you personally for sharing your comments about your experience and the Team at the BEST WESTERN.

Our staff takes great pride in our facility and it is very rewarding for them to know that they have met and exceeded your expectations. I share each review with them and your review will serve as a great motivation tool for them to keep striving to be the best!

We look to have the pleasure of hosting you again whenever in Jacksonville. Please feel free to contact any of our staff members directly to make reservations with us.

Welcoming journeys...
Your BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family
Victorville, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great Location, it was clean, and the service was fantastic. Did not care for the breakfast though.
We got to the room late and the hospitality was amazing. Room was clean and smelled good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Whitesboro, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Excellent amenities, friendly staff , one of the nicest Best Westerns we have stayed in.i It looked newly renovated and the room was super comfortable. Breakfast offered something for everyone.
A very good experience overall, l recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Can't think of anything. The building is placed back from the road so street noise was not an is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings!

Please allow us to express our appreciation for sharing your experience with our hotel during your recent visit to Jacksonville.

It is very rewarding for our team to know that we exceeded our goal of 100% Guest Satisfaction. Our staff works diligently to provide for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests while staying with us. I will be sharing your comments with our team this week!

We hope that you have cause to visit Jacksonville in the future and we have the pleasure of hosting you then.

Many happy travels...
Your BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked through hotwire due to very low price and 3.5 stars rating. I don't know how they rate hotels but that's not a 3.5 stars hotel at all. Except the lobby, everything looked pretty dated and dirty.

Breakfast was free, but not good variety, and most of it was gone and never refilled. So, don't think this as a plus.

Location is a little weird. If you miss the side road right after getting off of I95, you're not gonna be able to get off Buttler and get back easily. So, don't miss the side road sign that says Salisburry.

I was in a room on the highway side, and noise was definitely noticable. Good thing I'm a heavy sleeper.

They gave me a smoking room where I didn't make a request for it, and said they were all booked, so I had to stay in that room, and smell like a smoker the next day. The stench did not go away next day, so I'm thinking about giving away the clothes...

Overall, unless you're desperate, don't stay there. The only good thing about the hotel was the staff. They tried to be helpful, but there's nothing they could really do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion regarding our property. We value these insights and I would have truly liked to have had the opportunity to talk with you during your visit to our hotel to personally address your concerns with your accommodations and opinions of our property. While forums such as TripAdvisor certainly is a wonderful media for sharing thoughts, we do appreciate the personal interaction with a guest and being able to resolve an issue while the guest is at the property to insure whenever possible the guest has a truly wonderful experience.

Our hotel is located in one of our new business centers in Jacksonville and there are actually two service roads that can be used to access our hotel, the Marriott, Dave and Busters and the other businesses located next to us. Both Salisbury and Belfort will bring you into our area without having to access Butler Blvd again. The DOT has provided signage to guide you into our area and following the signs will bring you directly to us and our fellow business partners on Salisbury.

In booking your reservations, the use of the Hotwire online website can be a value conscious way of booking rooms for hotels with excess inventory. As their advertisements state, inventory on these types of sites are rooms that may not be able to be sold through regular booking methods such as the hotel itself and are listed for sale in their auction site at deep discounts for that reason. For our property, smoking rooms are those that are in the least demand and are listed with the auction site. We do provide non-smoking rooms to our guests booking through these auctions sites when they are available, unfortunately this time of year we can sell out of the non-smoking room type and it may not be available upon arrival. With the fees that the online websites add for the their profit margins, many times a guest can obtain a reservation directly with a hotel for very close to the same price or less depending on the website.

Our facility is continually going through updates and renovations. As an example, the hotel has recently installed 37" high definition flat panel televisions with new high definition programming. Other improvements are planned for this year and include guest rooms that have not gone through our renovation cycle in the past 5 years. We believe our guests will find these refurbishments quite pleasing.

I hope that you will in the future, give us an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and allow us the pleasure to be "at your service." I regret that your stay did not provide you with the standard of service that our team prides itself on and for that I offer our apologies on behalf of our staff members. I have shared your comments with our team here and I assure you of an excellent experience in the future.

Wishing you safe journeys...
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Everyone at the hotel was so courteous especially Ashleigh Aldridge, the Sales Mgr who handled my reservation. The hotel is pet friendly which was great as we were traveling with our cat. The room was immaculate and you could never have guessed any animal had ever stayed there. I will definately stay here again. This hotel is convenient to restaurants, shopping and the beach. I highly recommend it. A great value.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!