“Didn't even have the chance to experience it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #52 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Denver, North Carolina
“Didn't even have the chance to experience it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Tried to make a reservation over the phone. The BW employee took my phone number and said she would check availability and call back (odd that she couldn't do that while I was on the phone, but ok). A return call never came. This was only a one night stop over, not a destination so I was not expecting any more than a reasonable value for the money. I'll be happy to spend that money elsewhere.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Good Day,

Please accept my apologies that we were not able to have you as our guest. I know this must have been frustrating for you, anticipating a call that did not come.

When your comments were originally published, I investigated this and spoke with the agent in question. In doing so, it came to light that the agent did attempt to call call back, howver the person answering stated they did not request reservations for a hotel. The agent placed two calls and received the same response from the same person each time. I have now verified the number the agent filled out on the call back request against our phone bill and indeed the number being called was not correct based on the response from the person called.

We do wish that we would have had the opportunity to host you with us. Certainly we never want a guest to encounter a situation where they may be expecting something and have an unfortunate issue such as a staff member making a mistake in writing down a phone number prevent us from serving the guest. That is what we are here to do. As you have internet access, I do encourage you to visit www.bestwestern.com as all pricing, available room type and a quick and simple booking feature is available to you. While this does not excuse the mistaken phone number it does allow guests to book conveniently when staff members may not be able to assist. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and will be able to convey to others what a great stay you had at our hotel.

The general manager of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Starnberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great location for travelers and business people, easy to find. Business neighbourhood, very friendly lobby, excelent and clean room, great and variable breakfast. Sport bar and restaurants in the area

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice well-maintained lobby. Clean, comfortable room. Fridge/micro. Large flat screen TV with tons of channels. Good breakfast although busy and crowded in a small meeting room. My room had no luggage rack which I hate. Windows do not open which I also dislike. Bathroom exhaust fan not working (room # 533). There are many hotels off the Interstate in this area but very few restaurants. At check-in the clerk basically told me my only decent choice nearby was Applebees, where I went. It was crowded but I got served. The next day after check-out I discovered a large Dave & Buster's much closer and easier to get to from the hotel(!) Uninformed Front Desk personnel strikes again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We appreciate having had the opportunity to host you. We value you as a guest and value your insight.

We hope that when you visit Jacksonville again in the future you will give us another opportunity to host you. This is a growing area and new restaurants and eateries are opening all the time. Dave and Busters is a nice option and we do offer that as a choice for our guests as well as the many others, such as Applebees.

Again, please accept my thanks for your review and our team wishes you many happy travels.

The Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had to get some emergency work done to our house (expensive type) and needed a place to stay during the project. After calling around several places to stay, I got a hold of a Mr. A.J. Ruff at Best Western JTB/Southpoint and he stated in his answer to the phone call "how can we make you smile." I told him of our situation and he was eager to please us. Plus, I thought he had a cool name. I was looking for value in a stressful situation and boy, did he deliver! I was aghast at the quality for the price and he couldn't have been more helpful. We are in our 4th night now and I look forward to talking to him each day. Our energy level was low before meeting this A.J. guy at this nice place to stay, and now it's through the roof! The rest of the staff was great, too.
The rooms are clean. They have flat screen HD LCD TV's. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast and coffee are excellent. It's close to entertainment, dining and the beach. The ice machine is fast and new (filled a 50qt cooler in a little over a minute). They have a nice pool. Great parking. Free WiFi. The service is outstanding! Especially, Mr. A.J. Ruff! (Gotta love the name, RUFF!) What more could you ask for without paying big bucks?

Room Tip: Free WiFi and LCD TV's in all rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greetings, Mr. and Mrs. "Aardraulics"

Please allow me to express my appreciation for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel and mentioning the excellent service that our staff member, AJ Ruff, provided to you.

It is very rewarding to know that our team exceeded your expectations. It is not unusual for one of our staff and in particular AJ, to go above and beyond in assisting our guests. It is very welcomed to know that he made a difference in your situation as that is what hospitality is all about.

We hope that should you have occassion to visit Jacksonville again in the future, under better circumstances, that we will be able to host you and your family as a part of our family!

Thank you again for your comments and compliments and we hope that we have the pleasure of having you with us in the near future.

The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family
Knightdale, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped here overnight in the middle of a trip. Hotel was conveniently located right next to I-95 exit in a business park area. Staff was very accomodating. Rooms were nice if slightly worn in the bathroom area. Breakfast was nice and had a variety of choices. For the money (compared to other options I found) a good choice for a stopver kind of visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your visit with our hotel. It is a pleasure to know that we provide a wonderful night's rest for you and a great breakfast to start your day!

Our team is dedicated to providing for our guests' needs and that is why we are always "at your service" when you are traveling to the Jacksonville area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind regards,
Your BEST WESTERN Hotel Team

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!