“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #52 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Got this hotel on hotwire for a good price, i wouldn't give it a 3 star as they did. But the bed/pillows were comfortable and up to date. The A/C was cold and quiet. The breakfast was adequate. Very close to the Interstae easy access.Pet friendly so dogs are everywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swansea, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western for 2 nights in January, 2013. First, when I checked in, the guy at the front desk was not very courteous and failed to mention anything about the breakfast. I had forgotten this was included at this hotel, but only learned about it the next day. I asked for a room away from the elevator and ice machine and he had to look at a layout of the hotel to see if I was in fact, in a quiet area.

Beyond check in, however, the room was comfortable if not a little dated. Sheets were soft and the mattress not to lumpy, Pillows were the usual lumpy marshmallow variety. Nice flat screen TV and a desk with plenty of light through the room. The bathroom was decent sized, with enough counter space for my stuff. Towels were adequate and there were enough of them for me but beyond one person, I'd think they should include more. The room has the type of heating/cooling system that has the unit under the window which is OK as I like to run the fan for "white noise" which helps me sleep. The day I checked in there was a crowd of young people (maybe a church group or athletic group, I'm not sure) that was being checked in and I didn't hear any of them the entire time I was there. Perhaps they were all on the same floor, or maybe they were just that quiet!

I am not sure I'd stay at this hotel again...It was not in a great area for me but I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on a room I wouldn't be at very much. It's easy to get to off I-95/Butler but the second evening Butler was closed for nightly repairs and we had to take another exit to get to the hotel. Our GPS had us going in circles in an area of office parks. We could literally see it but could not get to it!

In any event, if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel with few extra perks, this hotel is perfectly adequate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

no fridge/microwave, windows could not be opened, small queen bed of good quality, older, tired rooms, slow check that was not friendly, trainee was ok, not clean , no do not disturb sign. Breakfast was hot, but very basic, no fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Find something else when possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

In hospitality, dedicated teams always want to know how we can achieve and provide a rewarding experience for our guests. We do appreciate you sharing your insight with us.

We never want a guest to have less than an exceptional experience at our hotel. We do appreciate that guests reviews may be subjective to the varied travel experiences they have had throughout their lives and recognize how these experience govern their scoring.

I do apologize that your check in process was somewhat slower than what was acceptable to you. I appreciate that you recognize that we were conducting training during your check in period and this may make the process seem just a bit slower than the norm. We never wish to inconvenience a guest during these times and always appreciate our guests who do understand that this may be necessary in order to provide a high level of service for the future. In researching your reservation, I see that the room type you reserved through the online travel agency you chose did not reserve a room with a microfridge unit for you. We do recommend booking directly with your hotel of choice when you would like to reserve particular types of rooms versus what the online agency may book which is "run of house." In sharing your review with our team, we did notice your comment regarding the windows of the property. Our hotel is a modern interior highrise property without balconies. As such building code did not allow the hotel to install windows that open and the property was built to code; therefore all of our windows are insulated double pane safety windows which have no provision to slide open. I'm sure you share my concern that had the hotel not been built with safety in mind, a small child could be injured by a fall should they climb into such a window and certainly we would not want that to happen.

Our team would like to take the opportunity to invite you back to our facility and I would personally like to have a few moments of your time to talk with you directly and extend an invitation to you for a future visit. At your convenience, please contact me directly as I welcome the opportunity speak with you.

Again, please accept our apologies and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Yours in hospitality,
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Southpoint Management and Team Members
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Purchased the room from Hotwire for $42. A real value! The property had a 3* rating. I would probably give it 2.5.If you arrive via I95 it is easy to find. We came from East Jacksonville at rush hour and it was a nightmare. Saw the hotel but took 15 minutes to get there.Location is an area of office parks so you have to drive a ways for food.
All the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Can't remember a better group of people. The room and property were very clean. The room is small. Bathroom is vintage 70's in size and layout. Hotel had been recently remodeled. All was new.Continental breakfast was included and above average. I would probably not stay here again because location not that suited to vacation travel. Perfect spot for business traveller.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were nicely welcomed with a treat for our little one. Our room was fine and not "dog worn." The attitude of all made it clear they truly want to accommodate pets.
The rates were reasonable and entire facility nicely appointed and clean. Included breakfast was better than most.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The main complaint was about the breakfast. They ran out of eggs at 8:30 when the breakfast didn't close until 9:30 on a busy Saturday morning. And the breakfast options were not great! But the overall value was great. The room was clean and the hotel was close to the interstate which made it very convenient for us. We had to go to downtown Jacksonville in the morning so it was very close by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!