“Jacksonville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #52 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Douglasville
“Jacksonville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice clean hotel and room except room smelled musky. Not sure why informed staff at checkout. Nice breakfast and coffee. Lobby very cheerful and clean. Front desk staff adequate but not overly friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Season's Greetings,

I would like to thank you for sharing your impression of our beautiful hotel. I appreciate your comments and insights on your stay with us. I have shared your information with my housekeeping team in order to address the issue with the lack of a fresh smell in your guest room. I certainly do apologize for this inconvenience. It may have been that due to the temperatures we were experiencing during the timeframe of your stay with us that it was not warm enough for the air conditioning systems to activate and create air flow in the room.

I appreciate your kind words regarding our breakfast and coffee. As we all know having a good cup of coffee in the morning is a great way to begin the day!

We look forward to your next visit to Jacksonville and would be honored to host you again.

Safe journeys!
The Staff of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and all at a great price. The location made it easy to access all parts of Jacksonville. Breakfast was good as well and was included in the price. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day!

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review on our hotel. It is always a pleasure to know that we have provided a welcoming and comfortable experience for you, our very valued guest. You are the reason we do what we do!

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in the near future. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our property and host you during any visits to Jacksonville and our lovely beaches.

Safe Travels and Happy Holidays!
The Management Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had been driving ten hours on our way to Miami and had made a reservation here because of their pet friendly policy. It was a good choice. The check in was quick and easy by a friendly young woman. Parking was very easy right in front. Our room was spacious, felt clean and was clean. The bed was actually very comfortable. The a/c unit was silent which allowed for an uninterrupted -much needed- sleep. The hotel offers free coffee in the room or in the lobby. There is a breakfast served early but we did not partake. We've stayed at other Best Westerns while traveling and this was by far one of the best. We would certainly stay there again next year on our journey south.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the back over the pool which was fine given the time of year and lateness of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings and Happy Holidays,

On behalf of the staff and management team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review on our hotel. My team values your input and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Our goal is to make each and every guest that chooses our hotel a member of our family and we want each guest to return to their "home" every time they visit our beautiful city. Knowing that we have fulfilled that goal with your stay is very rewarding for our team members.

We look forward to hosting you in the near future. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Yours in hospitality,
Your BEST WESTERN Southpoint Family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at a ton of Jax hotels while my boyfriend was stationed there. I had stayed at this location once before and it was "okay." The past time, we checked in a little late (10:30pm?) and were given a SMOKING room (granted, it was through Priceline but every other time I have done it [20+], we've been given a King room no problem). I cannot even begin to tell you how awful of an experience it was. We were told they could not accommodate us with anything else because the hotel was booked up. Such BS. I was miserable the entire night and EVERYTHING reeked of smoke after leaving. It's not just the smoking floor, the elevators smell too. It's disgusting. The next night we were able to switch rooms. Again, just "okay." Smelled like chlorine though. We couldn't win this trip. Disappointing. AND fire alarm went off at 7am, really?! Honestly, pay the extra money and stay at the Courtyard Marriott or Fairfield Inn Marriott across the street - SO WORTH IT!!

Room Tip: If you're booking through Priceline, Make sure you call ahead to book a NS room. Avoid the rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I would like to take a moment of your time to respond to your comments. We value to opinions of all of our guests and I sincerely regret that your stay with us was not as pleasant as our staff would have liked for it to be for you.

As you mentioned, you booked through the online auction site, Priceline. While Priceline is a good venue to find discounted hotel rooms, they do purchase for their guests inventory that is distressed. If a hotel is in a sold out situation, such as our property was during your stay of November 1st and 2nd, there may only be a less desirable room type, such as a smoking room, available. Our front office staff always attempts to provide our guests with the choices they prefer and I would like to extend our apologies for not having a non-smoking room available during the first night of your stay. I know that as a non-smoker myself, smoke can seem to be overwhelming. Our housekeeping staff does a very commendable job in eliminating as much of the odor as possible but as we all know smoke is something that those who don't smoke can be extremely sensitive too. As you stated in your review, our team was able to relocated you the next day.

I also would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm system disturbing your stay with us. However, the system function properly as it should as a life saving device. If the system receives an indication that there is a presence of smoke, or if an ill-intentioned person, pulls a fire station, the alarm is designed to activate and evacuate the building. Had it not functioned in the manner in which is should and a real emergency had been in effect, I'm sure you understand that the consequences of not evacuating would be very serious. And while we always want our guests to be comfortable and never inconvenienced, this was an issue that could not be avoided and I'm sure you will agree it was the proper action to take.

I understand that your significant other is stationed here in Jacksonville. Please allow me to thank both of you for your service to our Country. We greatly appreciate it. As you travel to Jacksonville often, I would like to have you as my guest in the future. I will be in touch with you via your method of communication provided at check in to make arrangements for a future stay when you visit Jacksonville.

Yours in hospitality
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Management Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Surprising for the price. Well maintained. Nice staff. The hotel is obviously older, but is very clean and very well maintained. Competes well with the new hotels. Will stay again. Took our high school swim team and felt very safe there. Speaks highly of the hotel. They do allow pets.

• Stayed November 2012
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Good Day!

Please allow me to express my thanks for sending such a bright note today! I have shared this with our team members and it has been a great "pick me up" for all of us!!

It was a pleasure to host all of the Swim Teams and I am most pleased to know that you and your members enjoyed their stay, felt safe and welcomed and hopefully had a great Meet at The Bolles School. We value the relationship we have with your groups and look forward each year to hosting the Teams.

Whenever you visit Jacksonville, we hope that you will keep us at the forefront of your thought for hotel accommodations! We always want to be your hotel of choice in the City.

Yours in hospitality,

Your BEST WESTERN Hotel Southpoint Staff, Management and Groups Sales Team!
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here last month and was pleased with the staff and service. If anything was needed all we had to do was ask. The room we stayed in was great, the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms was well stocked with hygiene items and towels. The TV offered a decent selection of channels to watch. The coffee in the lobby needs to be kept fresh more frequently, I went down two different times and the coffee didn't have steam coming off of it when I poured it in the cup. The breakfast was very good, it had a great selection of different items. I would stay here again if ever in this area in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I called the hotel and got a great person on the phone she did my reservation even thou it was not the hotel I was looking for due to the amenities and it hasn't been renovated in the past six months but this girl over the phone convinced ne to stay and boy I tell you the sane girl that gave me this great impression over the phone was the same person that checked my family and I inn.
She went up and beyond for me and my family even with my pet I've not yet seen a person so dedicated and proud in what she does like this person her name is Lismarie thank you soooo much for helping us in every way even in ways that she did not have to we will be having a family reunion in 2013 and this is where I will be bringing my whole family to. Definitely a very good staff of front desk this hotel has. Hope to see yall back in .2013

Room Tip: Rooms are totally outdated
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. On behalf of my entire team here at the property, please accept our appreciation for the compliments you have bestowed upon us. We value the experiences of our guests and our entire staff takes great pride in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be returning to see us next year. We have an extremely high rates of repeat guests and it is extremely rewarding to welcome new guests to our extended family!

We eagerly await your return!

Warm regards,

The entire Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!