“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #52 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boston, Massachusetts
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had been driving ten hours on our way to Miami and had made a reservation here because of their pet friendly policy. It was a good choice. The check in was quick and easy by a friendly young woman. Parking was very easy right in front. Our room was spacious, felt clean and was clean. The bed was actually very comfortable. The a/c unit was silent which allowed for an uninterrupted -much needed- sleep. The hotel offers free coffee in the room or in the lobby. There is a breakfast served early but we did not partake. We've stayed at other Best Westerns while traveling and this was by far one of the best. We would certainly stay there again next year on our journey south.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the back over the pool which was fine given the time of year and lateness of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Greetings and Happy Holidays,

On behalf of the staff and management team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review on our hotel. My team values your input and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Our goal is to make each and every guest that chooses our hotel a member of our family and we want each guest to return to their "home" every time they visit our beautiful city. Knowing that we have fulfilled that goal with your stay is very rewarding for our team members.

We look forward to hosting you in the near future. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Yours in hospitality,
Your BEST WESTERN Southpoint Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at a ton of Jax hotels while my boyfriend was stationed there. I had stayed at this location once before and it was "okay." The past time, we checked in a little late (10:30pm?) and were given a SMOKING room (granted, it was through Priceline but every other time I have done it [20+], we've been given a King room no problem). I cannot even begin to tell you how awful of an experience it was. We were told they could not accommodate us with anything else because the hotel was booked up. Such BS. I was miserable the entire night and EVERYTHING reeked of smoke after leaving. It's not just the smoking floor, the elevators smell too. It's disgusting. The next night we were able to switch rooms. Again, just "okay." Smelled like chlorine though. We couldn't win this trip. Disappointing. AND fire alarm went off at 7am, really?! Honestly, pay the extra money and stay at the Courtyard Marriott or Fairfield Inn Marriott across the street - SO WORTH IT!!

Room Tip: If you're booking through Priceline, Make sure you call ahead to book a NS room. Avoid the rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I would like to take a moment of your time to respond to your comments. We value to opinions of all of our guests and I sincerely regret that your stay with us was not as pleasant as our staff would have liked for it to be for you.

As you mentioned, you booked through the online auction site, Priceline. While Priceline is a good venue to find discounted hotel rooms, they do purchase for their guests inventory that is distressed. If a hotel is in a sold out situation, such as our property was during your stay of November 1st and 2nd, there may only be a less desirable room type, such as a smoking room, available. Our front office staff always attempts to provide our guests with the choices they prefer and I would like to extend our apologies for not having a non-smoking room available during the first night of your stay. I know that as a non-smoker myself, smoke can seem to be overwhelming. Our housekeeping staff does a very commendable job in eliminating as much of the odor as possible but as we all know smoke is something that those who don't smoke can be extremely sensitive too. As you stated in your review, our team was able to relocated you the next day.

I also would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm system disturbing your stay with us. However, the system function properly as it should as a life saving device. If the system receives an indication that there is a presence of smoke, or if an ill-intentioned person, pulls a fire station, the alarm is designed to activate and evacuate the building. Had it not functioned in the manner in which is should and a real emergency had been in effect, I'm sure you understand that the consequences of not evacuating would be very serious. And while we always want our guests to be comfortable and never inconvenienced, this was an issue that could not be avoided and I'm sure you will agree it was the proper action to take.

I understand that your significant other is stationed here in Jacksonville. Please allow me to thank both of you for your service to our Country. We greatly appreciate it. As you travel to Jacksonville often, I would like to have you as my guest in the future. I will be in touch with you via your method of communication provided at check in to make arrangements for a future stay when you visit Jacksonville.

Yours in hospitality
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Management Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Surprising for the price. Well maintained. Nice staff. The hotel is obviously older, but is very clean and very well maintained. Competes well with the new hotels. Will stay again. Took our high school swim team and felt very safe there. Speaks highly of the hotel. They do allow pets.

• Stayed November 2012
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Good Day!

Please allow me to express my thanks for sending such a bright note today! I have shared this with our team members and it has been a great "pick me up" for all of us!!

It was a pleasure to host all of the Swim Teams and I am most pleased to know that you and your members enjoyed their stay, felt safe and welcomed and hopefully had a great Meet at The Bolles School. We value the relationship we have with your groups and look forward each year to hosting the Teams.

Whenever you visit Jacksonville, we hope that you will keep us at the forefront of your thought for hotel accommodations! We always want to be your hotel of choice in the City.

Yours in hospitality,

Your BEST WESTERN Hotel Southpoint Staff, Management and Groups Sales Team!
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here last month and was pleased with the staff and service. If anything was needed all we had to do was ask. The room we stayed in was great, the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms was well stocked with hygiene items and towels. The TV offered a decent selection of channels to watch. The coffee in the lobby needs to be kept fresh more frequently, I went down two different times and the coffee didn't have steam coming off of it when I poured it in the cup. The breakfast was very good, it had a great selection of different items. I would stay here again if ever in this area in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I called the hotel and got a great person on the phone she did my reservation even thou it was not the hotel I was looking for due to the amenities and it hasn't been renovated in the past six months but this girl over the phone convinced ne to stay and boy I tell you the sane girl that gave me this great impression over the phone was the same person that checked my family and I inn.
She went up and beyond for me and my family even with my pet I've not yet seen a person so dedicated and proud in what she does like this person her name is Lismarie thank you soooo much for helping us in every way even in ways that she did not have to we will be having a family reunion in 2013 and this is where I will be bringing my whole family to. Definitely a very good staff of front desk this hotel has. Hope to see yall back in .2013

Room Tip: Rooms are totally outdated
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. On behalf of my entire team here at the property, please accept our appreciation for the compliments you have bestowed upon us. We value the experiences of our guests and our entire staff takes great pride in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be returning to see us next year. We have an extremely high rates of repeat guests and it is extremely rewarding to welcome new guests to our extended family!

We eagerly await your return!

Warm regards,

The entire Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

1st night- it's midnightish and finally getting to bed. The occasional slamming of doors and yelling from inebriated football fans was not too bad to handle, but the smoke alarm going off just as I went to sleep was a little too much. It stopped, so back to sleep I went. But then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times left me with a sleepless night. I got up early and left the hotel and on my way out asked the clerk at the front desk if she could have it checked out. The clerk, who was polite, asked me if I had called the front desk to report it, and I said no, that I wasn't going to get up at 3am, get dressed and wait for someone to come do repairs. I also didn't think that it was going to be an on-going problem throughout the night, and surely they didn't have a maintenance person readily available at that time of night. I asked for compensation. The clerk, still being polite, went to the back office and came back with an offer of a 10% discount, and asked me if this was acceptable. I stated no, and that I didn't have time to sit there and negotiate since I was running late for a meeting that morning. Later that evenin, when I returned, I went to the front desk to continue the "negotiating" from eralier that morning. Both clerks were polite and professional, and advised me that there wasn't a manager on duty, and I had to wait for the following morning to speak with one. I went up to my room for the night.

2nd night- the occasional slamming of doors and yelling continued. The problem with the smoke detectors apparently was fixed. As I finally got into bed and almost asleep, a young woman in the room next to mine was apparently frustrated and felt the need to verbally abuse her mother every which way she could via telephone. It was so loud I beieve this poor mother could have heard her daughter without the use of the telephone. Taking the suggestion from the clerk earlier in the morning, I called the front desk to see if they could have someone come up and asked this young woman to stop. After listening to this verbal abuse for 15-20 minutes before making the call, and then waiting another 15 or so minutes for the cavalry to show up, the young woman got frustrated with her mother and disconnected the conversation. Not once did anyone from the hotel staff show up to speak to this woman.

The next morning, as I was checking out, I asked the front desk clerk, who was also polite and professional, about more than the 10% discount originally offered. She excused herself to the back office and a man, I assume was the manager, came out. I proceeded to tell him my situation and he bagan, in a condescending fashion, questioning me and made it seem like all of it was my fault. I explained to him my reasons why I didn't call the front desk the first night, and that my reasons were confirmed on the second night when I did call and no one responded. With the room rates increasing about 75% more than a normal night that wasn't catering to a special event, I felt I could at least expect one decent nights sleep. After the way I was treated by this "manager" and his poor customer service qualities. I wasn't asking him to "give the store away". Matter of factly, he didn't have any concern on what would make this customer happy. He made it clear that he wasn't going to do anything for customer satisfaction, and wanted me to feel I was lucky to be getting a petty $10. Oh, and the orange juice at breakfast isn't real orange juice. It's so watered down you can barely taste any orange.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good Day,

Thank you for expressing your opinions and comments regarding your visit to our hotel during the Florida/Georgia Football Weekend, also known as "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party."

I would like to express my apologies for the behavior of other guests during this weekend that may have impacted the quality of your stay with us. I have noted that you traveled here from Georgia and your stay coincided with the nights of the Game event; this may be an event you are familiar with or maybe even here attending. This is a wonderful event for the City and hotels Citywide welcome the great fans of both teams! During an event like this there can be a good deal of celebration associated with it and sometimes fans (guests) do lose a little bit of self decorum in expressing their excitement. For this reason, we have additional security on staff on these two nights to assist guests such as yourself, who may be experiencing some noise or revelry caused by others. But again, please accept my sincere apologies.

I have also noted you experienced an issue with your smoke alarm. I know that we were able to rectify this situation for you once it was brought to our attention and I regret that the detector's settings caused you to be awakened over night. I realize it is not the most convenient of times, but we do have overnight staff available to assist with an issue such as this when it is brought to our attention. I have met with our front office supervisor, who was the "manager-on-duty" that you spoke with and he would like for me to express her personal wishes of apology to you if you felt that he was not understanding of your situation. It was not his intent to convey any message to you other than one that he was concerned and wanted to be of as much help to you as he could be at that time. Our Mission Statement is to be the Leader in Customer Care and we sincerely believe in that Statement.

In a more appropriate forum, I would welcome the opportunity to assist you further. In order not to impose upon you, I will extend to you an offer to contact me directly and allow us the chance to improve how you see our facility and operations. I do appreciate your kind words regarding the politeness of my team in working with you during your visit.

Thank you for allowing me to reach out to you today and I hope that you will contact me in the near future.

Yours in hospitality...

BEST WESTERN Hotel Southpoint
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this Best Western a 2nd time.. My first time was not so great and I wrote a review about it.. But this time the hotel was one of the best I have stayed at all year and I want to note that!

The front desk staff are excellent and very friendly in a geniune way. When I checked in this time they had a local restaurant offer small samples of their fares. I found it very helpful and actually went to the restaurant that night for dinner.

My room was very clean, quiet and all was in working order. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and the staff very cheerful for early morning.

After my last stay and I filed a not so great reveiw.. the manager of the hotel personally called me and left a message of concern on my voicemail. He and I have never connected but I found his effort to be very professional and it shows in his staff and hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Day!

Please allow me to express my appreciation for having selected to stay with us again during your recent visit to Jacksonville.

It is most rewarding to know that we met and exceeded your expectations during this visit. We always want our guests to have a welcoming and pleasant experience. Each of our team members are dedication to our goal of leading the hospitality industry in superior customer care.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

With warm regards,
The Management Team and Staff of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!