“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #53 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here last month and was pleased with the staff and service. If anything was needed all we had to do was ask. The room we stayed in was great, the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms was well stocked with hygiene items and towels. The TV offered a decent selection of channels to watch. The coffee in the lobby needs to be kept fresh more frequently, I went down two different times and the coffee didn't have steam coming off of it when I poured it in the cup. The breakfast was very good, it had a great selection of different items. I would stay here again if ever in this area in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I called the hotel and got a great person on the phone she did my reservation even thou it was not the hotel I was looking for due to the amenities and it hasn't been renovated in the past six months but this girl over the phone convinced ne to stay and boy I tell you the sane girl that gave me this great impression over the phone was the same person that checked my family and I inn.
She went up and beyond for me and my family even with my pet I've not yet seen a person so dedicated and proud in what she does like this person her name is Lismarie thank you soooo much for helping us in every way even in ways that she did not have to we will be having a family reunion in 2013 and this is where I will be bringing my whole family to. Definitely a very good staff of front desk this hotel has. Hope to see yall back in .2013

Room Tip: Rooms are totally outdated
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. On behalf of my entire team here at the property, please accept our appreciation for the compliments you have bestowed upon us. We value the experiences of our guests and our entire staff takes great pride in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be returning to see us next year. We have an extremely high rates of repeat guests and it is extremely rewarding to welcome new guests to our extended family!

We eagerly await your return!

Warm regards,

The entire Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

1st night- it's midnightish and finally getting to bed. The occasional slamming of doors and yelling from inebriated football fans was not too bad to handle, but the smoke alarm going off just as I went to sleep was a little too much. It stopped, so back to sleep I went. But then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times left me with a sleepless night. I got up early and left the hotel and on my way out asked the clerk at the front desk if she could have it checked out. The clerk, who was polite, asked me if I had called the front desk to report it, and I said no, that I wasn't going to get up at 3am, get dressed and wait for someone to come do repairs. I also didn't think that it was going to be an on-going problem throughout the night, and surely they didn't have a maintenance person readily available at that time of night. I asked for compensation. The clerk, still being polite, went to the back office and came back with an offer of a 10% discount, and asked me if this was acceptable. I stated no, and that I didn't have time to sit there and negotiate since I was running late for a meeting that morning. Later that evenin, when I returned, I went to the front desk to continue the "negotiating" from eralier that morning. Both clerks were polite and professional, and advised me that there wasn't a manager on duty, and I had to wait for the following morning to speak with one. I went up to my room for the night.

2nd night- the occasional slamming of doors and yelling continued. The problem with the smoke detectors apparently was fixed. As I finally got into bed and almost asleep, a young woman in the room next to mine was apparently frustrated and felt the need to verbally abuse her mother every which way she could via telephone. It was so loud I beieve this poor mother could have heard her daughter without the use of the telephone. Taking the suggestion from the clerk earlier in the morning, I called the front desk to see if they could have someone come up and asked this young woman to stop. After listening to this verbal abuse for 15-20 minutes before making the call, and then waiting another 15 or so minutes for the cavalry to show up, the young woman got frustrated with her mother and disconnected the conversation. Not once did anyone from the hotel staff show up to speak to this woman.

The next morning, as I was checking out, I asked the front desk clerk, who was also polite and professional, about more than the 10% discount originally offered. She excused herself to the back office and a man, I assume was the manager, came out. I proceeded to tell him my situation and he bagan, in a condescending fashion, questioning me and made it seem like all of it was my fault. I explained to him my reasons why I didn't call the front desk the first night, and that my reasons were confirmed on the second night when I did call and no one responded. With the room rates increasing about 75% more than a normal night that wasn't catering to a special event, I felt I could at least expect one decent nights sleep. After the way I was treated by this "manager" and his poor customer service qualities. I wasn't asking him to "give the store away". Matter of factly, he didn't have any concern on what would make this customer happy. He made it clear that he wasn't going to do anything for customer satisfaction, and wanted me to feel I was lucky to be getting a petty $10. Oh, and the orange juice at breakfast isn't real orange juice. It's so watered down you can barely taste any orange.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Good Day,

Thank you for expressing your opinions and comments regarding your visit to our hotel during the Florida/Georgia Football Weekend, also known as "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party."

I would like to express my apologies for the behavior of other guests during this weekend that may have impacted the quality of your stay with us. I have noted that you traveled here from Georgia and your stay coincided with the nights of the Game event; this may be an event you are familiar with or maybe even here attending. This is a wonderful event for the City and hotels Citywide welcome the great fans of both teams! During an event like this there can be a good deal of celebration associated with it and sometimes fans (guests) do lose a little bit of self decorum in expressing their excitement. For this reason, we have additional security on staff on these two nights to assist guests such as yourself, who may be experiencing some noise or revelry caused by others. But again, please accept my sincere apologies.

I have also noted you experienced an issue with your smoke alarm. I know that we were able to rectify this situation for you once it was brought to our attention and I regret that the detector's settings caused you to be awakened over night. I realize it is not the most convenient of times, but we do have overnight staff available to assist with an issue such as this when it is brought to our attention. I have met with our front office supervisor, who was the "manager-on-duty" that you spoke with and he would like for me to express her personal wishes of apology to you if you felt that he was not understanding of your situation. It was not his intent to convey any message to you other than one that he was concerned and wanted to be of as much help to you as he could be at that time. Our Mission Statement is to be the Leader in Customer Care and we sincerely believe in that Statement.

In a more appropriate forum, I would welcome the opportunity to assist you further. In order not to impose upon you, I will extend to you an offer to contact me directly and allow us the chance to improve how you see our facility and operations. I do appreciate your kind words regarding the politeness of my team in working with you during your visit.

Thank you for allowing me to reach out to you today and I hope that you will contact me in the near future.

Yours in hospitality...

BEST WESTERN Hotel Southpoint
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this Best Western a 2nd time.. My first time was not so great and I wrote a review about it.. But this time the hotel was one of the best I have stayed at all year and I want to note that!

The front desk staff are excellent and very friendly in a geniune way. When I checked in this time they had a local restaurant offer small samples of their fares. I found it very helpful and actually went to the restaurant that night for dinner.

My room was very clean, quiet and all was in working order. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and the staff very cheerful for early morning.

After my last stay and I filed a not so great reveiw.. the manager of the hotel personally called me and left a message of concern on my voicemail. He and I have never connected but I found his effort to be very professional and it shows in his staff and hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Day!

Please allow me to express my appreciation for having selected to stay with us again during your recent visit to Jacksonville.

It is most rewarding to know that we met and exceeded your expectations during this visit. We always want our guests to have a welcoming and pleasant experience. Each of our team members are dedication to our goal of leading the hospitality industry in superior customer care.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

With warm regards,
The Management Team and Staff of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Burlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was recently traveling in the Jacksonville area and received a tip to stay at this location. It is located right off I95 and central to all the Jacksonville events, shopping, and beaches. There is a wonderful house of worship located right on the same road as well ( I don't usually remark on these but this one was notable for travelers to consider). The hotel staff were tops! Friendly, professional and my afternoon concierge gave me some of the best travel tips I have ever received. Rooms are cozy with a pool and sauna for relaxation times if you have any. Would stay here again if in the Jacksonville area.

Room Tip: ... well appointed room amenities and a wonderfully, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a great hotel for the money. For the family that is looking to save money, but yest have a nice place to stay in the Jacksonville area, this is it. It is located about 8 miles from the beach, and about 4 miles from many great places to eat. It is an easy drive to, and from the beach. The rooms were nice, and the breakfast very good. My daughter and I have stayed here many times. There are many other hotels around it but they are often twice the price of this one, and they are not any nicer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside of the hotel as it is a little quieter there.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to compliment our hotel and our team! We sincerely appreciate the fact that our team made an impression on you! Our goal is to show our "I CARE" spirit to each and every guest and go above and beyond is providing for the comfort of you our guests.

I have noted you have stayed with us oftern and this is the most rewarding knowledge that we can receive; knowing that we are your choice of a hotel when in Jacksonville. Thank you for being a valued repeat client.

We look forward to your return! Please call me directly when you are headed back; it would be my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservations.

Warm regards,

Your BEST WESTERN Family Members
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The gentleman at the front desk always goes out of his way to make you feel at home. Usually calls you by name when he gets to know you. He is very helpful with directions and nice places to eat. The rooms are always clean and the beds and pillows are great. The breakfast in the morning is always very good and the breakfast area is always very clean. I would love to see them install a waffle maker with the breakfast. We have used the pool and it was very refreshing. It is a great bargain , we usually stay here went we are visiting our granddaughter at UNF. This is an excellent and I highly reccommend the Best Western Hotel JTP/Southport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!