“Great business accomodations in the Jacksonville area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4660 Salisbury Road, Exit 344, Butler Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #52 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Marietta, Georgia
“Great business accomodations in the Jacksonville area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

After trying many other motels in the Jacksonville area over the last several years, I have found the Best Western JTB / Southpoint to be the best. The location is centally located for my business calls with plenty of restaurants nearby. The rates are more competitive than comparable motels. Friendly staff, great breakfast, updated rooms, plenty of parking. Perfect for the business traveler.
Steve A

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have never been to this Best Western before. I booked online & trusted that it would be a nice hotel after reading online reviews & trusting the Best Western name. I was very happy with the room, service and breakfast. What stood out the most was the friendliness of the hotel staff. Everyone I encountered was pleasant & went out of their way to be helpful. The building was very well maintained, very clean, nice landscaping etc. Centrally located with easy access to the highways & beaches. I will return again!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Greetings!

Please allow me to express my thanks tor your posting of a TripAdvisor review of our hotel.

I sincerely appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and the level of customer service you received. We value all our guests and we work diligently to accommodate our hundreds of guests each night. It is always extremely rewarding to our staff to know that we have succeeded with our goal. Our entire team looks forward to hosting you again and I will be sharing your comments with them during our next team meeting this week!

Whenever you are in Jacksonville, we want to be your home away from home! Please know that we are here to serve your lodging needs and call upon us any time.

Safe Travels...

The Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

If you are going to be in the Jacksonville area and are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay at one of the best rates then Best Western JTB Southpoint is going to be a great choice for you.

They include a full, hot breakfast, a friendly staff, a nice pool and if needed the hotel is pet friendly. I've stayed here many times on business and even brought my wife and our little dog with us. I'm sure I'll be back over and over again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Good day!

On behalf of our team here at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, please accept my appreciation for having taken time out of your schedule to complete a TripAdvisor review about our property.

We value our guests and knowing that we have succeeded in making your stay with us a good one means everything to our team! It is good to know that you choose us whether you are traveling with your company or on personal travel and I look forward to having you with us again in the very near future. Please call on us any time we may be of service.

Safe Journeys!
The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family
Windermere, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Definitely the worst hotel experience we have ever had and we have stayed over 50 nights in different hotels over the last 2 years. My family and I were passing through Jacksonville and booked on Hotwire. So, we weren't expecting much. However we still left disappointed and angry.

As we entered our hotel room we were greeted by a smell that soon won't be forgotten. Not only did it stench from lack of cleanliness, it was as if a boatload of sailors had spent the day smoking cartons of cigarettes inside. Obviously we had been put in a smoking room and for a family of non-smokers traveling with a 6 year old that was an issue. That is when our real fun began.

Best Western guest services...we can't put you in another room, we can't refund your money, nothing we can do to help you.

Hotwire customer service...we talked to the hotel and they can't do anything, and we can't do anything.

Best Western guest services...we still can't do anything...if you want to talk to a manager you'll have to wait until Monday at 8:00 AM...no way to do anything until then.

We were very cordial and tried to be understanding, but both Best Western and Hotwire were useless and we have vowed not to use those businesses ever again. The Best Western staff was outright rude to my wife and other guests who were complaining in line ahead of us.

if you are considering using this facility please think twice. We would have gladly paid double the price to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a non-smoking room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to speak with me regarding your visit to our hotel. I found our conversation insightful and I thank you for sharing with me how we can improve. As a member of the Disney team, I know you have an outlook that few others can provide and it was very much appreciated.

Again, please accept my apologies that HOTWIRE booked you into a Run-of-House room type during the auction process. It is always unfortunate that HOTWIRE does not fully share with guests how their model works and what their individual contracts with hotels call for. I appreciate you sharing with me the fact that you have advised HOTWIRE of your dissatisfaction with their product. As we discussed, anytime that we are able to relocate a guest to a non-smoking room when HOTWIRE has booked them into Run-of-House we always do so. Unfortunately on the night of your visit the hotel was completely sold out and we did not have a room with two beds non-smoking that we could relocate you to. What is concerning to me is from speaking with you, our agent does not appear to have properly explained to your wife this matter or taken the proactive steps to refer this to our manager-on-duty who is available to assist our guest during the evening hours. I have met with our agent and discussed with her the manner in which she handled your issues. I have reinforced with her that she should have followed the proper procedures she was trained on by involving the Manager-on-Duty. Had she done this, while your stay would not have been at the level we would have liked due to the HOTWIRE issue, you certainly would have had a better impression of our guest service. How we make our guests feel is critically important and our staff is trained to know this.

Again, thank you for taking the time to speak with me and allowing me to assist you. I look forward to having you again with us in the future and I appreciate having the opportunity to find a resolution for your visit with us.

Yours in hospitality,
The Management Team of the BEST WESTERN HOTEL JTB/Southpoint
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The good stuff first. Check in was no problem, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the location was easy access off I-95 going north.

The not so good stuff. Lack of Microwave and refrigerator. All vending machines sold out or all soda. Lack of change for the washing machines/driers. Also, I arrived early sunday evening. The floors were being polished. This meant walking around the puddles and soap on the floor. Maybe this should have been scheduled during a time there is less traffic in that area (Like after midnight)?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Please accept my appreciation for your kind compliments regarding the cleanliness and comfort of our facility. These are two of the most important aspects of any guest stay and we appreciate knowing that we succeeded!

I must say I can certainly understand the title of your review, but I assure you in really it is just the opposite. From the view of a guest checking into the hotel, I can understand how you would think the timing of having marble floors polished in the evening hours would not be optimal. Over the course of my 16 years here at the property, I have tried to find just the right time to have this done and frankly there just isn't one! You see, when we have had the floors done during the midnight hours, the noise the equipment makes disturbs our guests who are staying in our first floor rooms as these rooms are open to our lobby area. If you've ever been awaken in the middle of the night by equipment you know this is very unpleasant so we have had to look at alternatives. While not the most optimal we have found that a Sunday evening is the least disturbing as this is our least busiest time and as it takes up to 6 hours to do our marble areas we have to start in the early evening to be done by "bed time." I hope you can understand our need to insure a good night's rest for our guests and our attempt to minimize the amount of inconvenience to others.

I have noted your concern about not having had a microwave and refrigerator in your accommodations. Our hotel does offer microwave and refrigerator units in our efficiency room types; your reservations were booked through a third party (Expedia/Hotels.com) and the booking was made for a standard non-smoking queen (always keep in mind that all hotels will offer the same or a better rate that what you can get from the travel websites and by booking direct, you know exactly what type of room you will be getting!). I hope that we have the opportunity to host you in the future and should we have that pleasure I will be certain that you are booked into the efficiency room type, which encompasses over half the hotel. I know after traveling, it is always a chore to get laundry and such done and I regret that we had to delay you with this need due to temporarily being out of quarters. In speaking with our agent, I believe she was able to get the change you needed for your laundry after a bit of a delay. I do apologize that we had run out due to the larger groups in house.

It is indeed a pleasure for our staff to host international visitors to our property and knowing that your bed was comfortable and your room clean has been shared with them and used as a tool to stress the importance of these areas for all our guests.

We look forward to having with us again in the future...

The Staff and Management of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Gainesville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I want to start by saying I am an avid Priceline and Hotwire fan and this hotel was a misrepresentation of the hotels and deals that I have received in the past. Whoever decided that this particular hotel was a 3-star has not stayed in very many places.

We arrived around 8pm to find that the hotel was cleaning their floors at the entry way. After navigating a way through the wet lobby, we were greeted by an average front desk clerk who checked us in and told us we were on the second floor. One of the elevators was broken and we did not see stairs readily available. We got into our room and noticed just one oversized double bed (it was certainly the smallest queen bed I have ever slept in). The room is dated and one of the worst features was the window unit Air Conditioner that was loud the entire night. It was so loud that at one point I contemplated leaving the hotel in the middle of the night and sleeping in my car.

The television was old and while watching certain channels, the volume fluctuated without touching the remote control. The bed was extremely soft and uncomfortable. It had about half as many blankets as other hotels that we have stayed in and the 4 mini-pillows ultimately equated to having 2 normal size pillows at home.

We had plans for breakfast so taking advantage of the continental breakfast was not in our interest and we did not use the pool as we had spent the day at the beach.

Again, this is more an advertising fallacy than anything, but this hotel needs some serious room upgrades and refurbishing. If we had paid more for the room than we did, a refund request would be in order, but instead we'll chalk it up to a learning experience. Remember, you usually get what you pay for. Don't pay full price for this hotel...ever.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest comfort is always paramount for our team here at the BEST WESTERN Hotel. Having read your review of your experience with our hotel I see that you did not feel that we exceeded in that goal. I do apologize if we did not meet that goal.

I see that you arrived here this past Sunday while our marble flooring was in the process of being polished. I certainly understand your comments about the process; as we have guest rooms on our first floor we are mindful of the noise the polishing equipment creates for our guests were we to have this service performed during the middle of the night and therefore we have opted to begin this earlier in the evening on one of the slowest nights for arrival in order to minimize the impact and inconvenience. Unfortunately, we cannot avert all of the inconvenience for everyone as much as we would like to. The lesser of the evils is to do this so not to disturb guests who are trying to sleep during the overnight hours.

Our guest rooms feature a configuration of all three bed sizes. However, all of our guestrooms with one bed feature either true King or true Queen size beds. Therefore, the accommodations were of the proper size for Queen size accommodations, but were not of the King size which perhaps you felt you were reserving. This is the same for our pillows, we provide a wonderful gusset pillow that is a standard size pillow from Pacific Coast Feather Company, as are our blankets and are provided at levels higher than most standard hotel provide, such as our 4 pillows per bed versus the industry standard of two. However, should any guest have the desire for additional linen items these are always available through our guest services desk as are repairs for any item that may unfortunately fail during the evening. A phone call is all that is required to have your request honored.

Our hotel has an award-winning design standard that many find to their liking but I do understand that not everyone on a restricted budget appreciates the subtle nuances that our team goes to lengths to provide for the comfort of our guests. We are continuously updating and modernizing our facility for the comfort and convenience of our guests and we are excited by our onging changes. We hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you how committed we are to providing you with an excellent guest experience and a warm welcoming environment for your hotel stay.

Yours in hospitality...
The Family of the BEST WESTERN HOTEL JTB/Southpoint
Marianna, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The staff was very friendly! The only downside was no microwave or fridge, But the continental breakfast was good and rooms were clean.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint? Share your experiences!