“Not Happy With Location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 30%
Ranked #16 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Richmond, VA
“Not Happy With Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I usually feel very comfortable in any Omni Hotel, however I was not completely satisfied with this stay. Inside the hotel is beautiful, rooms good. The outside of the hotel is the reason I would never stay here again. It's location is in a very bad area with bad smells outside and I'm sorry to say homeless people around building. I feel terrible for anyone who does not have a home and I'm not suggesting in any way they should not be allowed to walk or stay where they choose. That being said, I was not comfortable wih the hotel surroundings. We walked accross the street to some sort of food court and walked right back to the hotel! It was very dirty and the smell inside this building was alwful. If you choose this hotel be careful from your walk from the parking deck to the hotel. We did not find it to be well lit. The hotel inside is beautiful but the surroundings are very poor.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2010
We are disappointed to hear that despite a good stay in the hotel the surrounding areas prevented you from feeling safe. The City of Jacksonville is working to revitalize the area and we will continue to put pressure on them to do so. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and share your concerns.

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tallahasee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

I am a coaches wife and we travel on a regular basis, I was a little dissapointed at first at the lack of concierge staff at this particular hotel as we travel with our children and I am always trying to find things to keep me and the kids occupied while my husband is away at meetings etc.Dissapointment didnt last long after speaking with Stevie at the front desk. She gave us me and the kids more things to do than we actually had time for.It was great.She made arrangements, printed directions to Winter Wonderland in a nearby city.My children had the time of their life and got to experience snow for the first time,we even went on Sleigh rides.No congierge needed at this hotel.Stop and see Stevi at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of The Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We are delighted that Stevie was able to assist you with planning activities for your children and we will be sure to pass along your praises. Should you find yourself back in Jacksonville, we hope to once again have you as our guests!
joedchi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

We stayed at the Omni for a wedding and it was great. The weather was alittle cool so we couldn't really use the pool. Traffic around there was not a problem which was a nice change from Chicago. It is a short walk to The Landing with many shops and restaurants. The only downfall is they charge for parking and it can add up. Overall it was a great relaxing trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
We are happy to hear you enjoyed a nice quiet getaway to the Omni Jacksonville. We certainly understand your concerns regarding parking fees but unfortunately, as with many metropolitan areas, parking comes at a premium. We do our best to monitor the parking rates to ensure that they remain competitive and minimize the impact on our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will return soon!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

My husband and I go to the annual Georgia-Florida football game every year. This year, we stayed at the Omni based on the reviews of the hotel and Omni's willingness to match a price I found on the Internet. The customer service was EXCELLENT! I really don't remember the last time I felt so pampered and welcomed at a hotel. The staff, including Rob at check-in, Riza, Marty, Marco, and Brady at Juliette's, the bellmen and housekeepers, were consummate hospitality professionals. My only complaint? I gained 3 pounds from all of the chocolate cake we were given when the staff found out it was my birthday and my husband's birthday two days later!

Be sure to eat at Juliette's, and don't miss the crab cakes! The food was delicious and certainly not typical hotel food. They use fresh, local ingredients and offered a special price on a reasonably good bottle of wine.

However, be warned. Omni will match a lower rate found on the Internet, but the process is cumbersome and isn't easy to complete. Even the reservationist at the Omni's 1-800 reservation center warned me about how difficult it was - and she was right! However, I persevered, and cut over $400 off of a three-night stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing review of The Omni Jacksonville and Happy Birthday again to both you and your husband. We will be certain to share all of your kind words with our staff and hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

There are two four star hotels in this area (Omni and Hyatt) and I stayed at both of them on a recent business trip. The Omni was comfortable enough, if not what quite what I'd call four star. Good size room, very good bed, in-room coffee maker, etc. Bathtub needed a re-hab, but okay and water pressure was great. Good lighting in bathroom with illuminated magnifying mirror, hairdryer not fixed to wall (so you could go sit down on the bed to dry your hair if you wanted).

Awkward small valet entrance that made loading and unloading of taxis, etc. problematic. Hotel contracts with a limousine service to provide shuttle service to nearby locations like the Hyatt, where I was attending a conference, or restaurants on the other side of the river. Not only would they take you, you could also call them to come get you.

There's very little in the way of restaurants or other services in the immediate area. I had room service one morning and it was reasonably priced and very good (eggs benedict, not always easy to execute). Staff friendly and efficient after an initial glitch at check-in, when I specifically asked for a king-bedded room and was given one with two doubles. A quick call to the desk got me a new room and they even brought the room key up to the new room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Omni Jacksonville. We appreciate all of your feedback and are happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

Booked a week night for $66 dollars. Room was overall clean. Pillow was gross. Sheets were clean. Ceiling in shower was a little moist, and had been repaired. For my needs it was fine, but for a Luxury Vacation Im not so sure. The building is just Old and you can tell. It has been reno'd recenlty, the room was modern except for TV . Id give it a "B-" for an Omni. Most Omni's I stay in are A and A+. Still, for $66 on Priceline we were stoked! Great downtown location with a ton of bars / clubs / good restaurants on the River. Very pretty downtown at night. The Omni is right in the middle of everything in JAX.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at the Omni Jacksonville. Although we regret that your stay wasn't perfect, we do always welcome comments that will allow us to make improvements to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.
KENTUCKY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Stayed 5 days and 4 nights and would never go back or recomend this hotel. Too expensive and the parking fees are rediculas. The restraunt was also too expensive for the dinners we had. Location was terribler and one of our guests was robbed down by the river while we were there. When we called police it was 27 minutes before anyone arrived. A very bad trip was had by everyone. I have also talked to some people that were there when we were and they will never go back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
It is very disappointing for us to hear about your stay at the Omni Jacksonville. We appreciate any feedback that can allow us to enhance our services and would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your particular experience. We have shared your concern regarding the response time after your incident with our Sheriff's office. Thank you for taking the time to write review.

Been to Omni Jacksonville Hotel? Share your experiences!